Pediatrician appointments: How have they gone?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By boots&bowtie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2012, 08:58 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How are everyone's pedi appointments going so far?

February 5th, 2012, 09:15 PM
-Anna-'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ours have gone great. We have had two well baby checks with our regular pedi and one with a different pedi to diagnose Chloe with silent reflux. Her reflux has need so much better this weekend. She was 6lbs 12oz when she was born and when we went on Friday she was 8lbs 1 oz.

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my very special siggy!
February 5th, 2012, 09:47 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ours have been good since we are seeing his actual pedi now. The one at the hospital I didn't really like, well the one we saw at his '48 hour' appt. She went straight to telling us we would need formula because of his weight and jaundice.

Then we saw his actual pedi at our clinic, and he was better. Yes, it was a pain to go in every 2-3 days for weight checks, but he NEVER mentioned formula. He did say we *might need to speak with the lactation consultant. He was happy with his weight gain after I did a BUNCH of research on how to help with weight gain. I found that feeding 5 mins per side and offering each side 4 times could be beneficial. We did that and he gained 4-5 ounces in two days!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 5th, 2012, 09:51 PM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, even with extra weight checks the first 2 weeks they were supportive of breast feeding, doing what I felt I needed to do (i stopped supplementing and they went by how she looks) now she gained a pound in 2 weeks and 2 days so we are great
February 5th, 2012, 09:56 PM
boots&bowtie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to boots&bowtie
Our first one was good for baby but bad for me. I didn't like the pedi at all and it stressed me out cuz she was the only local pedi. I decided to switch to the pedi who we dealt with in the hospital who we know we liked. Our visit to see her was SO much better, I like her a lot! Joel was a couple oz's below his birth weight at 10 days old and she was happy with that. Oh, and I found out that it was ridiculous that the first pedi wanted to vaccinate him at 2 weeks old (I didn't know any better - that's what I get for not researching that). All in all I'm very glad we switched, and everything has been good for Joel at both appointments
NutMeg76 likes this.

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggie!

Last edited by boots⋈ February 5th, 2012 at 11:31 PM.
February 5th, 2012, 10:33 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
We love our pedi. She is the same one for all three kids, we are going back tomorrow.
February 6th, 2012, 05:29 AM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well before I moved to Texas Madison saw the doctor I picked for a year and I loved him he was easy to talk to and he was laid back well came back and when I gave birth with Myles they asked me who my doc was and they sent his NP and now the last three visit I have seen her which she's ok but she is to hyper for me. I don't speak my mind and I should because I want the person I went too!!

February 6th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Super Mommy
We have only had one appt, that was her 1 week appt. Things went fine, she doesn't go back until her 2 month vaccinations.

February 6th, 2012, 08:21 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
We have had two appointments so far and they both went well. I didn't get to see the doctor I love yet because our schedules aren't meshing but we will see her at our next appointment.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
February 6th, 2012, 12:09 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today was Cody's 2nd appointment. He saw her at 4 days and today at 2wks 4days.

She was my pediatrician when I was little! Today, she told me to bring my mom with me next time because she hadn't seen her in so long, lol!

What's crazy is that she had been practicing medicine for ONE MONTH when I was born and became her patient. So first of all, what on EARTH were my parents thinking taking me to a pedi with a month of experience? LOL! Second of all, at least I know she plans to stay in the profession a little longer and isn't about to retire.

February 6th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have been four times, I think. There was the visit when we first came home, a week later as a weigh in, then four days after that for another weigh in. We went last week for a reflux visit.

We go next Monday for our two month visit.

There are two pediatrician's and two pediatric nurse practicioners in the office. I can most always see my favorite pedi ( she breastfed three herself, so she's a good resource). The other NP is great. I don't feel comfortable with the other one (she told me if I supplement with formula it wouldn't hurt my supply). I like that the providers support my decisions as a parent.

We switched to this practice about two years ago. The last pedi we had refused to see my son when I thought he had the flu. She said that I needed to follow the instructions in her brochure that she gives out for dealing with the flu. When she wouldn't see him, I took him to the ER. He was diagnosed with pneumonia and hospitalized for a week. We never went back.

February 6th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Overjoyed-new-mommy's Avatar Elisha
We have only been in for Rilyn's 2 week visit...our doctor is a family physician so he will see me and my husband also when needed. I LOVE him, he was wonderful with our LO and I am so glad I chose him. We don't go back until March for 2 month vaccinations and my postpartum follow-up...I also work with all of the physicians in our town so I always have a lot of resources available and know them all well!

Rilyn's appt was great and she had gained 1 pound already at her 2 week, I am sure she has gained at least another by now!!

February 7th, 2012, 12:00 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife8808 View Post
Our first one was good for baby but bad for me. I didn't like the pedi at all and it stressed me out cuz she was the only local pedi. I decided to switch to the pedi who we dealt with in the hospital who we know we liked. Our visit to see her was SO much better, I like her a lot! Joel was a couple oz's below his birth weight at 10 days old and she was happy with that. Oh, and I found out that it was ridiculous that the first pedi wanted to vaccinate him at 2 weeks old (I didn't know any better - that's what I get for not researching that). All in all I'm very glad we switched, and everything has been good for Joel at both appointments
I'm glad you're happy with your new pediatrician.

Our appointments have gone well. We've been there three times. He's been seen by three different people but it's the same practice we've been taking Anna to so i know the doctors. I really like all the doctors and nurses in the practice. I think between the two kids I've called their office about five times in the last week or so. It's been that kind of week. :/

February 7th, 2012, 02:10 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
matt has only been to 1 appt. so far. he has his 2mth in a few weeks. so far so good. growing like a weed lol

<3

<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search