40+1 week appt. and the arrival of Paxton Cade (Pics)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2012, 10:15 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At my 37 and 38 week appointment, I was 3cm and 50%. When I went to my 39 week appt. I was 4cm and 50%, and my doctor and dh were sure I wouldn't make it another week (I had never went all the way to my EDD), but because of my insistence that this would be a February baby she went ahead and made me another appointment....It was for Wednesday, February 01, at 40+1 weeks.

40+1 week appointment:
When I walked in the door of the office, the first thing I heard, from the ladies at the desk, was, "It's February, Misty!" and I heard it once again from my OB as soon as she saw me. She couldn't believe I made it so far and said that she had kept expecting me to come in. I told her that I knew it would be February, and that I also knew today wasn't going to be the day....I was so wrong. She checked me and said that I was now 5 cm and almost completely effaced (except for a small lip). And, because of my history of fast labors she told my dh not to take me home, but to take me somewhere in town and let me walk to get things going.
As soon as we walked out my dh started making phone calls saying I was going to have the baby, and I kept telling him it wasn't happening (I had to have my hand on my belly to feel any contractions I was having). We got to the park around 12:00, and I walked, and walked, and walked...and I walked. Nothing was happening.
During my 2.5 hours of walking my sil had went to get our children from school, and brought them to the park we were at. I felt so bad that my dh had had them taken out of school for nothing. And, because my legs and back were hurting from walking so much, I insisted he just take us home. He and my oldest dd over-ruled that plan, and said they would only take me home after finding out what my doctor wanted me to do. So back to the office we went.
Once there I was informed that she wanted to check me again to see if anything had changed. The office was packed so I was there for nearly an hour before being seen again. I was shocked to learn that I was now at 6/7 cm. It was so weird because I did not feel like I was in labor. She said she was sending me on to l&d because it was way too dangerous for me to go home at that point. She gave me the option of breaking my water, or receiving a bit of pitocin to help get rid of the lip of cervix left. I opted to have my water broken.
I arrived at the hospital around 3:30 and got registered (I never did pre-register). I was then sent to l&D where they already had a room ready for me. The nurse hooked me up to my IV, and then took my history. Around 4:15 she called my doctor to let her know I was ready for her to come. When she came in around 4:40 to break my water I told her that it still didn't seem real because I wasn't feeling a thing. No pain, nothing. She said,"Oh, that will change real soon". And, it did. Paxton Cade made his debut 18 minutes after my water was broken. He was born so fast that his face was quite bruised, and he has some broken blood vessels in his left eye. It was Feb. 01 at 5:03 pm. He was my third all natural birth. The last few minutes were very painful (his shoulders almost got stuck), and made me give kudos to the women who go through that pain for several hours with no pain relief. You all are amazing!

Stats:
Paxton Cade
8 lbs 4 ozs
21.5 inches
He doesn't sleep much, but he's such a sweet baby, and so far his siblings are in love with him, too. He was born with a testicular hydrocele, but his pedi says that it's fairly common, and should resolve on it's own. She will continue to monitor it until it does.

Pics:

February 5th, 2012, 10:51 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that is amazing! Lucky to get that far with no pain.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 5th, 2012, 10:59 PM
Crystal_Lynn's Avatar Ari and Zev's Mommy
He is adorable Misty! Congratulations. Good thing you guys didn't go home. It amazes me how quickly some babies come.

Oh I like the name Paxton.

.My Pregnancy Blog.Last update: 01.05.12.

Some babies are born to soon and/or too sick. Arm yourself with knowledge, visit marchofdimes.com!
February 6th, 2012, 04:05 AM
corilyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He's so cute! Congrats!

February 6th, 2012, 05:27 AM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
Wow!! That's awesome that you didn't have pain until your water was broken... and then he came so fast! Glad you were able to get through it so wonderfully.

February 6th, 2012, 07:42 AM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow, that's an amazing birth story... congratulations!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search