We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
I know everyone wants to be a PR, so the good news is that it may happen within the week.
I went to the doctor yesterday and she was concerned because I was measuring 6 weeks ahead. So, she sent me for an u/s. I went first thing this morning, and apparently the baby looks good, is 8 lbs 9 oz. The baby is on its side, which could be contributing to measuring so far ahead. But, I am measuring low on my amniotic fluid. They decided to let me go another week, but I have to go back next Monday for another u/s. If the fluid is still low, they will probably induce me. They discussed doing it today, but since I am 2 cm and 75% effaced, they are letting me go this week to see if the baby doesn't come before next Monday.
An induction isn't the birth I want, but I will do it if it means the baby will be healthy. Hopefully I will go on my own before Monday and I won't have to worry about it.
I would definitely wait for another u/s to measure the fluid. Those can be very subjective. They are more accurate when multiple are done. Hopefully baby is good and healthy and you won't need an induction.
Yes, I was glad that they didn't tell me to go right to the hospital, because I know I would have felt overwhelmed. I am hoping that lost of drinking water and taking baths will help with the fluid and I can still go on my own.