Getting To Know You Thread,

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Super Mommy
Boy

Did anyone answer the pet peeve question? I can't stand it when people don't wash their hands. I cant tell you how many family members I have that will come out of the bathroom without washing. That's not just something you do in public people! Ewww.

If you could meet one actor and one actress, who would they be?
February 7th, 2012, 07:41 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love Facebook! I'm on it more than any other website. And I don't mind all the changes it's going through, either. Can't wait to announce the pregnancy on there!

Have you ever given birth before? If so, what was your experience and would you make any changes?

February 8th, 2012, 07:09 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I've been through 3 births! My first was not what I thought or planned at all. My water broke and I labored (naturally-no one single painkiller and on pitocin) for 30hrs and got stuck at 5cm. Had to have a c-section. Turns out he engaged crookedly when my water broke and was literally stuck with his head towards my pelvic/hip bone instead of directly on my cervix and being that he was a good-size, couldn't move in the position he needed to. They said that even if he would have, my hips were so close together, that they're not sure he could've got his huge head and shoulders through my hips, anyway. But, he got here safely and healthy, and I was safe and healthy, too. I know so many people knock c-sections, but I am one of the cases where I am SOOO thankful for modern medicine. The drs told me that I would be one of those cases so many years ago where both my son and I would've died in childbirth without having a section available to me.

And, since no one in my area will do VBACs, I had 2 other scheduled sections. Not so bad when you don't have to labor for 30hrs beforehand, LOL. My babies have all been big and healthy, even when born by sections, thank God. They said because of the distance between my hips and the size that all of my boys have been, that even if there were a dr who did VBACs, they'd probably tell me I wouldn't be a good candidate for it, given the history of my babies size and especially head size. Heck, my youngest had to have the vacuum suction to pull him out of my section incision, LOL! She cut as wide of an incision as she could given my hips and still had trouble getting him out.

Do you vacation regularly? If so, where? Also, where is your fav vacation spot, even if it's not the one you go to most frequently?
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

February 8th, 2012, 07:39 AM
Super Mommy
We do vacation often. We take lots of trips to the mountains (Gatlinburg) and do a couple days at a indoor water park and a couple days in a cabin. Those are our favorite vacations because we feel we get the best of both worlds. Have a blast at water park but still get to relax unwind and just have some good family time in the cabin. We use to enjoy beach vacations until we lived on the beach for awhile with the USMC, so it kinda lost it's "vacation" feeling.

Did you eat a healthy breakfast this morning?
February 8th, 2012, 09:32 AM
beginswithb's Avatar Veteran
Not at all. I had a bowl and a half of Apple Jacks and it was GOOOOOD.

What's your current favourite television show?

February 8th, 2012, 10:02 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Pawn stars. I think its interesting to learn the history of some of that stuff and they all are pretty entertaining!

What's your favorite ice cream topping?

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

February 8th, 2012, 10:05 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
I'm not a TV person. Shut it off like um... 9 years ago? And haven't looked back. That being said I was hooked on Survivor last season because my IRL friend Dawn Meehan was on it.

What brought you to JM?
February 8th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Super Mommy
Ice cream topping? Strawberries. The syrupy, sugary kind. ;-)

Is there a room in your house that you would be embarrassed for someone to see?
February 8th, 2012, 10:30 AM
I can't remember what brought me to JM! It was when I got pregnant with DD over 3 years ago!

My closet hands down. Everything else we keep pretty clean.

If money wasn't an issue, and you could have another home anywhere in the world, where would it be?

February 8th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would live in the same city I live now, Parker, Co...but I would have A LOT nicer house! LOL

Where is your dream vacation?

Thank you AlexKatieAiden Mommy For my beautiful siggie!

February 8th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Super Mommy
Ireland! It's so beautiful out there.

Do you want anymore children?

February 8th, 2012, 12:25 PM
I want a LOT of children. At least 3, maybe 5, maybe more. I dunno. Both DH and I agreed that we will decide when we are done later and both kinda feel like we will just know when we are ready to be done!

Do you prefer a bath or a shower?

February 8th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Shower.

How do you feel right now?

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
February 8th, 2012, 07:45 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
happy, happy that I got to see my baby for the first time today and hear it's little heartbeat! and my nausea has settled a bit so that makes me happy to!

What is your favorite take out meal and place?

February 8th, 2012, 08:03 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
I think people take facebook too seriously. I use it for entertainment purposes only. I don't post person stuff on there. I use it to play Words With Friends. I hate that people use it to try and recruit me to their religion and people that post about their dramatic lives. LOL. I have been introduced to new music because of facebook though.

Do you collect anything?? (I collect Tigger).

February 8th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
I collect little rubber duckies! So cute any my kiddos constantly want to play with them lol.

Do you watch Top Chef (or any cooking competition shows)?
February 8th, 2012, 09:56 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
No. LOL. If it's a cooking competition show, I want to be able to smell the results!! Haha.

Favorite candle scent??

February 8th, 2012, 10:04 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Hmmm... I love a good foodie-type scent like "Kitchen spice" or something. Maybe I should light it next time I watch a cooking show?

Would you consider having a doula attend this birth?
February 9th, 2012, 11:49 AM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
Actually yes, I have considered it a lot. I can't decide and I plan on talking with my dr and asking his opinion on it. I would like to try to go natural we shall see... lol

Are you making a birth plan?

url=http://www.pregnology.com/pregnancy/03/01/2015][/url]Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search