oh the joys of motherhood

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By AnnaandRyansMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2012, 02:00 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
In the past 24 hours I've been peed, pooped, spit up, vomited, and snotted on. Not being able to take a 'sick day' is one of the toughest parts of being a parent - (or should say mom.. DH has been taking a sick day).

I need a break

February 7th, 2012, 03:22 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
Poor thing. Carson has gotten so used to me that he wont calm down for anyone else so the only time Nick has him is when he is calm or sleeping. I couldnt imagine having two kids right now. Hang.in there before you know it they will be teenagers.
February 7th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah I know exactly what you mean

Ditto here!!
February 7th, 2012, 03:56 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry it is so difficult right now!

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 7th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm right there with you, Sarah! Luckily Max is in school full time, but I actually miss his company when I'm home all day with Natalie, and the more alert she's getting, the harder it is to put her down. Yesterday I was counting down until I could go back to work and get a break - which is something since my job is normally so high stress.

February 7th, 2012, 06:07 PM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*big hugs* I don't know how i could handle more than 1 right now.. I hope you get a better couple of hours soon
February 9th, 2012, 09:04 AM
SarahMc's Avatar Super Mommy
LOTS of respect for you moms that have more than one, I honestly don't know how you do it.

DH is fantastic, and does everything he can, but I do very much feel the pressure of not being able to take a 'sick day' in terms of BFing, like it's all on my shoulders.

Hoping to start expressing at least one feed of the day soon, but the midwife has scared DH by telling him that introducing a bottle might stop her taking the breast altogether.

Hope you start feeling better about everything soon.

February 9th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Super Mommy
Yep... I always say between the dog and the kids all I do is pick up crap ( can I use the S word? ) all day Sorry, i need a break too..

February 9th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMc View Post
LOTS of respect for you moms that have more than one, I honestly don't know how you do it.

DH is fantastic, and does everything he can, but I do very much feel the pressure of not being able to take a 'sick day' in terms of BFing, like it's all on my shoulders.

Hoping to start expressing at least one feed of the day soon, but the midwife has scared DH by telling him that introducing a bottle might stop her taking the breast altogether.

Hope you start feeling better about everything soon.
We were afraid to introduce a bottle early too with fear of her not nursing. We waited 4 weeks and then she didn't want a bottle. She didn't take a bottle well for months. This time we introduced it around 2 weeks (he was BFing well) and he will even take it from me. It could just be their personalities, but I would think if BFing is going well to introduce the bottle if you plan on using them.
NutMeg76 and SarahMc like this.

February 9th, 2012, 11:21 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So sorry You have been describing my week as well. Hope the sickies leave your family soon, so you can get a bit of a break.

February 9th, 2012, 01:41 PM
SarahMc's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaandRyansMommy View Post
We were afraid to introduce a bottle early too with fear of her not nursing. We waited 4 weeks and then she didn't want a bottle. She didn't take a bottle well for months. This time we introduced it around 2 weeks (he was BFing well) and he will even take it from me. It could just be their personalities, but I would think if BFing is going well to introduce the bottle if you plan on using them.
Thanks for the advice Sarah, I might try expressing tomorrow and see how she takes a bottle from DH. Will let you know how it goes.

February 9th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMc View Post
Thanks for the advice Sarah, I might try expressing tomorrow and see how she takes a bottle from DH. Will let you know how it goes.
I hope it goes well for you

February 9th, 2012, 10:14 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are going to try his first bottle this week.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search