Refusing to go to sleep, HELP

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ~*~Tracy~*~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone, please help me out.

My son is refusing to go to sleep in the evening. It is horrible. He has been awake (well with a 30 min. nap on my moms lap excluded) from 19.00 - 00.00. And right now he is crying his lungs out in his bed because he just won't go to sleep. Ofcourse I hate to hear him cry, but I just can't sit with him on my lap right now. I am beyond tired.

Anyone has any tips?? He hates being bundled up, although he loved it first 2 weeks. His bed is nice and warm. His stomach is full, he just ate. He won't have his paci when he is this upset.

All I can think about to let him stop crying is to sit with me.

I just want him to go to sleep. I can't handle having 3 hours sleep a night for 4 nights in a row with a 2 year old toddler wanting my attention during the day!!

Help please!!
February 7th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
I'm so sorry, honey. Some days are like this. It sounds like you're at the end of your rope, and you need some help. Can your DH or your mom or a close friend or another family member come and hold the baby for a few hours? I know it's the middle of the night now, but maybe tomorrow during the day you could take some time just for yourself and go somewhere you enjoy for a few hours all alone. Or go take a nap for a few hours with no interruptions.

Hang in there; it's going to get easier. You just need to take it one night at a time. For tonight, try not to let him cry too long by himself; he's still little and needs to be comforted. Meghan put a post on a while back about PURPLE crying, and maybe that's what you're experiencing now; it will end! Hugs, and a prayer for you so you can make it through the night.

February 7th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Overjoyed-new-mommy's Avatar Elisha
Wish I could help but I'm in the same boat! Rilyn falls asleep but if I put her down it only lasts a matter of a few minutes and she is crying again. At night we try in her own bed and in my bed but nothing lasts all that long. She stays in her "dream" sleep most of the night and never gets into that deep sleep...hopefully it gets better soon!!

February 7th, 2012, 05:50 PM
SmilesAreContagious's Avatar Rheanna Mommy-2-b
I would pick him up and calm him enough for him to take his paci. Is there any way you'd be confortable bed sharing with him? Carson wont sleep unless i hold him so we bed share and I hold my arm under him and one over him. I hope he calms down and falls asleep. Im sorry. Big hugs hang in there.
February 7th, 2012, 05:55 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not much help, Killian spends most of the night in my arms. I sleep, but not deeply. We have been bed sharing a lot more than I did with other babies.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 7th, 2012, 07:06 PM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have anything I just hope this ends for you soon
February 7th, 2012, 07:15 PM
~*~Tracy~*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have much to suggest.....a swaddle (one he can't get out of!), walking him around shushing very loudly in his ear.....sometimes if Matt is really upset I will hold him on his side (I stand) with his back against my tummy while swaddled so that he is basically "lying" on his left side...I read it with one of my other boys ’5 S’s System’ May Help Colic Symptoms | Colic Baby Solution - The Happiest Baby On The Block

The only way I'm functioning now is by co-sleeping with Matthew in our bed....which I never did before but with Dylan running around during the day I can't grab a nap when I need to
NutMeg76 likes this.

Tracy, Mom to 4 wonderful boys!!
February 8th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Super Mommy
What about a bath? That can help calm babies sometimes. I know that Haven gets like that, I bounce her, pat her, and try different positions until she is asleep. Then I don't put her i her crib until she is super asleep hang in there!!

February 8th, 2012, 12:07 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would read "The Happiest Baby on the Block" and the "No-Cry Sleep Solution." Both were amazing and helped a ton when we had issues with Marina. One thing I did with her is carry her in my Moby wrap. I would walk around the house and she would be out within a few minutes. Hope you find something that works.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search