Childbirth...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2012, 06:33 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my first pregnancy and I am defentaly scared of the unknown! I've never done this so I have no idea what to expect, every pregnancy and birth is different and thats scary. I dont know how I will react to the pain of labor and I'm scared of the problems that could happen. I think the whole thing scares me! like I said, I'm scared of the unkown. But I am also excited to go through it all because the end result will my our beautiful baby and thats the most important part!

February 8th, 2012, 06:45 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
I was super nervous with my first, but not as nervous this time around... YET!! LOL.

Of course, I'm worried about there being something wrong with the baby, but that goes without saying.

The thought of having a c-section scares me to death. I'd never opt to have one unless me or the baby were in danger or if I had previously had one (Kelly was a vaginal birth so hopefull this one is vaginal as well).

The only other thing I'm nervous about is an epidural gone wrong. I've heard horror stories.

February 8th, 2012, 07:11 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm mostly scared to make decisions about what kind of labor I want. I feel like I know enough about the subject to know that I DO NOT want to be induced, unless absolutely necessary. I don't want to have a c-section unless absolutely necessary. I feel like those 2 things are more the "norm" now with hospitals and that makes me uncomfortable. When it comes to your baby, you are going to do what doctors are telling you is most important, but I don't think it is always the best/necessary thing to do. I would like to go the midwife route, but don't know if I am comfortable with a natural birth. The unknown is definitely the most scary!

February 8th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Kierasmom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm nervous that I'll need a c-section. I had one in 2009 and suffered post traumatic stress from it. My last birth(VBAC) was so healing, and amazing. I really hope I'm able to have another VBAC.
3Sapphires likes this.

February 8th, 2012, 07:34 PM
MrsB1227's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It doesn't scare me. I had a really good experience with my son and am hopeful this birth will be the same or better. Those of you who are scared of childbirth, i highly recommend the hypnobirthing book. Even if you don't learn the method or take classes, it's thoughts on childbirth really put you at ease. At least it did for me!

February 8th, 2012, 07:44 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsB1227 View Post
It doesn't scare me. I had a really good experience with my son and am hopeful this birth will be the same or better. Those of you who are scared of childbirth, i highly recommend the hypnobirthing book. Even if you don't learn the method or take classes, it's thoughts on childbirth really put you at ease. At least it did for me!
I'm not familiar with hynobabies, but I would say that the Ina May Gaskin book had the same effect...helps calm your fears and make you feel comfortable about what you may experience.

February 9th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
even though I had an induction, I had a great first birth experience! I'm still nervous about the epidural this time around.

February 10th, 2012, 09:58 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Any nervousness i have comes from the unknown. I have given birth but had an epidural so never went through transition on my own and pushing. But the nervous feeling is small. I know i can do it and the excitement outweighs any nerves.

February 10th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm a FTM so I'm scared to death! Don't know what to expect, don't know how it will feel, etc. I am also scared of ripping "down there" and that my lady parts will somehow never be the same.

I plan on taking quite a few classes to educate myself.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
February 10th, 2012, 12:31 PM
nroundtr's Avatar Veteran
Nervous for several reasons: 1) a friend of a friend died in childbirth a year ago from complications with preeclampsia, 2) I have Crohn's and delivering vaginally or by c/s has substantial risks for me (bowel resection 2 years ago) and 3) I'm terrified of tearing!

But I know when it's time, I'll be ready!
February 10th, 2012, 12:54 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used to be terrified of tearing as well but for most women its not usually too bad and is much better than an episiotomy (that is much more difficult to recover from). My tearing took longer to heal because i tore in the front (because of the way my son's hand was up near his head) but most are toward the anus and heal well. Sorry if that's tmi but its the facts. There are some things you can do prior that help. Perineal massage for example is one thing. My DH helped me with it alot and i feel it definitely helped. My doc said i wouldn't have torn had it not be for baby's position. Also getting epidurals do give you a higher liklihood to tear because you can't feel how hard to push.

February 10th, 2012, 07:15 PM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran

My first time around I was most scared of two silly things. I read it was common for women to throw up during transition, and that it was common to poop while giving birth. I think those two things scared me more then anything else! Luckily I didn't throw up, and DH swears I didn't poop, so my biggest fears went totally unfounded.

Unless there was poop, and he lied to me >.>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search