Moms of more than one...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By sarahmomma

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2012, 12:59 PM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
How does this birth experience differ from your other birth experiences? Better? Worse? Did you have a section this time vs. vaginal delivery last time or vice versa?

February 9th, 2012, 01:04 PM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
All my births have been vaginal.

With #1 I was given pit after ROM at home, but no labor. I labored 12 hrs on that. IV drugs

#2 was 20 hours of labor with no pit/induction. IV meds

#3 my midwife broke my bag at 5cm, 90%, 0 station and a bulging bag. He was born in less than 2 hours with no meds and it was amazing.

Holden was #4 and another med free amazing birth. I didn't request AROM this time and felt great the whole way through. Recovery was harder with some worrisome bleeding, but it was another great experience.
February 9th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Desiree McD's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This was my second c-section. The pain lasted longer but it was basically the same since both times I had a very bad experience with the spinal. The first one was still the worst because of Hurricane Ivan and the curfew that kept my DH away from the hospital and me completely alone while Torr was in the nursery under the lights.

Thank you, .:Shortcake:.!!

Facebook
February 9th, 2012, 04:53 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
This was my second

#1 - Vaginal delivery out of hospital with no pain meds. I ended up with a retained placenta, needed a blood transfusion and had a long and rather painful recovery for a vaginal delivery

#2 - Vaginal delivery at the hospital, I had nubain and an epidural (the epidural took tooooo long and I couldn't take it). The contractions were more painful this time, but that could be because 1) they accidentally broke my water while checking on baby, 2) I was scared to deliver before getting my epidural because of my past delivery so I was scared and fighting the contractions instead of going with them. I was also stuck in the bed and didn't have as much of a support system as with my first. I thought the pain would be worse afterwards because I had an epidural, but my recovery was a piece of cake. I felt great the very next day. I felt pretty much back to my normal self within a week.

Both babies were sunny-side up and I pushed for about an hour with both. I had 1st degree tears with both.

My second delivery was much better. I wish my water wouldn't have broken and I would have been able to get the epidural sooner, but I can't really complain, it all worked out really well.

February 9th, 2012, 05:41 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
#1 was my only bad delivery experience because I had an ob who treated me like crap for being a teen mom. I had every med offered to me for pain because as it turns out I was having a gallbladder attack during labour which was more painful than the contractions but the epidural didnt help of course because the freezing doesnt go that high. he was sunnyside up and I pushed for two and a half hours with a 10 minute break in the middle when my ob actually left the room

#2 I was guven pit to augment labour and had an epi but nothing else. when I felt the urge to push the med student paged the ob and then told me to go ahead and push assuming that by the time the baby was ready to be delivered the ob would be there. well that push delivered his head and the next one welcomed him into the world. the ob showed up just in time to give him a check up after I finished nursing him. lol

#3 my water broke but labour did not start on it's own so I was augmented with pit and stalled at 3cm for 4 hours before being offered an epidural so I could sleep. my nurse then went on her break and as she walked in from her 30 min break the nurse covering her told me I was 10cm. it was another easy delivery with two pushes

#4 I had my membranes swept at 3pm and by 7pm called my midwife because contractions had been 5 minutes apart for an hour. she checked me and there had been no change from earlier so she sent me home to get some sleep. by midnight I was needing to vocalize through 4min apart contractions and a warm bath no longer soothed the pain so I called her again. we met at the hospital at 1am and she was born at 2:50am naturally. this was my best delivery yet and if I ever do have another I will go to the same midwife and have another natural delivery.
February 11th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had vaginal births both times, and I am very thankful for that!

With DD, I was induced with pitocin because of high blood pressure. The induction started at 5pm and shortly after that my OB broke my water. I was planning an all natural birth. I labored for 5 hours without any pain meds, but after being bullied by my nurse and feeling like I couldn't take it anymore, I ended up with an epi. It only worked 100% on one side and eased the pain a bit on the other side. About an hour and half later, they told me I was 10 and it was time to push. I pushed for about 20 minutes and there she was!

With Thatcher, I went to my 39 week appointment and was 5 cm dilated and 80% effaced so I let my OB (different and much better doc than first pregnancy) sweep my membranes. That was around 11am. At 6:30 that night we were out shopping and I started feeling contractions. We picked up my boyfriend from work, stopped home to pick up our overnight bag, then headed to the hospital. Got there around 8pm and I was 7-8 cm in triage. Moved to an L&D room around 8:30. My OB checked me and I was almost 9 so I let him break my water (which looking back I should've probably skipped) and 5 minutes later I needed to push and was born about 15-20 minutes later.

My second labor was definitely better. I got to go into labor spontaneously, it was all natural and it was super fast! I will say though that I did have a much more difficult time concentrating on pushing without the epi. The epi made the pushing a calmer more concentrated experience. The nurse told me when to push and I did the three 10 second push thing with a break. The second time, because of the position I was in (standard on your back position) and the pain of contractions, plus the pain of my OB's hand in my business (honestly that HURT like HELL) I had trouble with my first few pushes and didn't achieve much with them, but once I set my mind in place, I was able to get the job done. I also got to push when I wanted to for however long I could and didn't have to be coached. Even knowing all that though, I would still opt for an all natural birth.

February 12th, 2012, 12:09 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
The recovery was harder. The labor was faster so that was better.
February 12th, 2012, 02:23 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
With my birth daughter's birth: Induced with pit for pre-e at 37 weeks. After two days of labor she was born...got the epidural. Had an episiotomy. Rough recovery.

Leila: Induced with pit at just about 40 weeks for GD(AKA "Big Baby Syndrome"). About 12 hours from start of pit to birth. Pain med free birth and SUPER easy. Had an episiotomy. Easy recovery.

Owen: Spontaneous labor at 40 weeks 6 days. Born about 15 hours after water broke with like 6 hours in active labor. Pain med free water birth. Hard recovery...had some issues afterwards with the stitches from the tearing.

Mallory: Spontaneous labor at 40 weeks 3 days. In active labor for less than 4 hours but had prodromial labor for weeks before hand. Pain med free water birth barely making it into the water! Very easy recovery...almost no pain anywhere! Water was broke when pushing upon my request and the midwives said births with water in tact or being broke when pushing tend to be very gentle to the mother. I tend to agree with my previous experience.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

February 12th, 2012, 02:31 PM
hotpinktulips's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This birth was much better because they didn't turn off the Epidural! Thank God! Both were vaginal deliveries, but laboring and pushing was quicker this time.

~Special thanks to *Kiliki* for my adorable siggy~

February 13th, 2012, 10:36 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
This was my second. The first was a c-section and this was a vaginal.

Elizabeth c-section

I had SROM at 34 weeks. About 1.5 hours later I was a 5 and they found out she was breech. Since she was so early I had to be sent to another hospital with a NICU where they did a c-section. The meds to stop labor were horrible and I really don't remember a who lot from the time they gave them until that night when they wore off. The recovery was a cake walk though with only minor soreness. I took no meds after the second day.

Flynn Vaginal

I went into labor with Flynn on my own. Monday I was high and closed, Thursday I was at 2 cms and Friday morning I was having regular contractions with heavy bloody show.

It started really at 12am Friday and contractions were regular but not too painful. Got to the hospital at 8:30 and was at 4cms, rec'd pitocin and was ready to push by 11:30 but the epidural hindered my feeling so I didn't really start to push until 12:45 and he was born at 1:09. Recovery was slow. I was bleeding longer and I had pain a lot longer.

Neither birth was especially horrible. I am hoping next time for a Pitocin free birth and possibly an epidural free one too.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
February 13th, 2012, 12:30 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This was my least favorite birth for sure. It was the longest but even that wasn't that bad. I don't know why I just felt like I was treading water the whole time and then when it came time to push I couldn't figure out how to do it effectively. My water was intact until the last minute, which is different from my other labors, so I think it felt different to me and didn't know what to do. Besides all that I had the worst back labor EVER! I couldn't even concentrate... the pain consumed my thoughts.

I hate saying any of that, because I don't want to scare anyone away from NCB. I have never walked away with such a negative feeling about my birth experience. Even with my crazy intense 2 hour labor with Kate! I wanted to do it again within weeks!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search