This is the BEST thing I have ever learned about breastfeeding!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By NutMeg76
  • 1 Post By BobbityBoo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2012, 10:22 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
D-MER.org

After speaking with a lactation consultant, it appears this is what I have! And why I have had so much difficulty with breast feeding my kids and keeping my supply up. I wish I had learned this ages ago It also explains why I am doing better with 'switch nursing' and having Killian nurse 5-8 minutes a side. We discussed that my second let down probably takes longer, so the feeling lasts longer. By switching sides it allows the let down to happen faster and decreases the amount of time for the hormones to be out of whack.

I don't feel the sadness. I get anxiety, like I just HAVE to stop feeding ASAP. This is the feeling I get when they are comfort nursing and when I am pumping. So, that is why pumping one side and feeding on the other side at the same time works better for me, the let down happens right away.

It is SUCH a relief to know I am not crazy ad that I am not the only woman out there that doesn't really enjoy some parts of breast feeding

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 10th, 2012, 06:58 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
That is REALLY good information to have. I bet there are a lot of women out there that would benefit from this information.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
February 10th, 2012, 07:11 AM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
Interesting. It's great you found something to help you this time.

February 10th, 2012, 09:12 AM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right before my let down I get hungry, my stomach feels empty and I think I could eat the Moon. Even when I am not nursing, I know a let down is coming because I am suddenly starving.

I'm glad you found out this info though, I bet it helps just knowing WHY you feel that way.
February 10th, 2012, 12:20 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh it talked about the food connection and let down. It is because food is associated with happy thoughts or something like that.

Some things I have already noticed, if I distract myself it is not as bad. I am so happy I found this out. It makes me wonder about some of the women that really just hate breastfeeding, if they maybe have this too.
swade66 and cynb like this.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 10th, 2012, 12:43 PM
hotpinktulips's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad you were able to find an answer and you are now able to relax some.

~Special thanks to *Kiliki* for my adorable siggy~

February 10th, 2012, 03:11 PM
glitterific's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I found this some time ago when I was having issues with a strange sensation which I think is my milk flowing.. that's a lot to work through, kudos for doing the best for your baby
February 10th, 2012, 07:55 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, I had never heard of this! Sometimes just understanding what is going on makes it so much easier to deal with!
NutMeg76 likes this.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search