Breastfeeding Mama's!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree10Likes
  • 5 Post By Iritee
  • 1 Post By sarahmomma
  • 2 Post By sarahmomma
  • 1 Post By NutMeg76
  • 1 Post By AnnaandRyansMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Super Mommy
Correcting foremilk/hindmilk imbalance and oversupply

I just found this article because Idan is struggling with Reflux and I can't believe I did not know this nursing a third baby. I feel bad for the other two boys! I guess I just never saw it this way before. I knew about formilk and hindmilk and still I made all the mistakes of switching breasts too soon and I did not know I was aggrivating his reflux more and that it was causing green poops..Anyway I like to switch breasts because I feel so full and want him to feel full. I do let him comfort nurse for as long as he wants after I feel comfortable too and I never seem to know when to swtich sides. I just do it by instinct... Anyway I found this article very helpful. Don't know if anyone else is interested..

Correcting Foremilk Imbalance and Oversupply

February 10th, 2012, 05:28 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
I too wish I had known more about this with my older children. My midwife suggested one breast per feeding to prevent the imbalance and so I tried it and now she seems less gassy and is more content between feedings.
Iritee likes this.
February 10th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Super Mommy
When I was nursing my first son ,I was in Israel and spoke to LLL and was told to only feed from one breast per meal and my son started to poop once a week and stopped gaining weight .. and then I felt like a horrible mother and that i did not have enough milk. So I have a fear from doing that. I will defintly give Idan more time on one breast and then I will offer the other to supplement

February 10th, 2012, 09:19 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
What I do with her is a 30 minute rule so if after feeding within thirty minutes she is looking for the breast again I offer the same one as the last feed but if it is more than 30 minutes since the last feed I offer the other breast. It has worked well for her and then I dont worry that she isnt getting enough.
February 10th, 2012, 11:28 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Over supply has never been a problem for me. This is good stuff to know though in case I run into someone who is having this problem!
Iritee likes this.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 11th, 2012, 11:56 AM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
thanks for sharing!
February 11th, 2012, 06:10 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
Thanks for sharing this. I think Ryan is starting to have some difficulties with this, and I am probably switching too soon. I'm going to try this and see if it helps at all.
Iritee likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search