PPD???

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DeepSouthMommy
  • 1 Post By ~SarahDid~

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2012, 05:49 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Who else is suffering from PPD? Anyone taking anything? Doing therapy?

I definitely have it. I started taking my antidepressants about a week or so ago. Sadly, Mallory seems to be more sleepy on them but I talked it over with the midwife, primary care dr, pediatrician, and my therapist and it is best for me to be on them and continue to nurse her. I see a therapist once a week and have for years.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

February 15th, 2012, 06:03 PM
hotpinktulips's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm on celexa and am doing very well on it. Only took a week to kick in too, so that made me extra happy. What did your doctor put you on?

I took Zoloft with DD and it made me a bit of a zombie on top of not curing the PPD. I later weaned DD so I could go on Effexor.

~Special thanks to *Kiliki* for my adorable siggy~

February 21st, 2012, 02:30 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't tell if I have PPD or if the exhaustion and hormones makes me extra weepy. How'd you ladies know the difference?

February 21st, 2012, 09:31 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I definitely have PPD. I went to my OB right away about it because it was BAD. It hit fast and hard when I had to stop nursing Joseph. I was already up and down emotionally, but having to stop nursing was like having the rug pulled out from under me. He put me on Zoloft but I take only half a pill at a time. It makes me super sleepy as it is...no way I could manage the full dose! It's helping, but not 100%. But then again, my mom just left today to go home, so it may just be that I'm sad about that and the medicine is doing just fine. We'll see in a couple of days.

Ashley, for me the signs on PPD were super clear and very, very terrifying. I know not everyone has such extremes with it, but for some reason I did. If you even suspect that you have PPD, I would beg you to talk to your doctor about it. It was really scary how fast mine spiraled once it started.
BoobyDutyAgainJen likes this.

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
February 21st, 2012, 10:01 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
me

i cry a lot and i hate it..i feel a little better then at first but i still dont feel as "attached".
February 22nd, 2012, 06:07 AM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I cry almost every night about something. Either Jackson not letting me sleep or Josh working too much or some other random thing. And then I also get angry a lot too... my short fuse has been a lot shorter. Its not an all day thing though so Idk if its just me being emotional because I'm more tired than usual or what..

February 22nd, 2012, 02:08 PM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
For me I felt soooo guilty. I felt guilty about being away from DS1, guilty about being off work for so long, guilty for feeling sad about his complications and NICU stay, guilty for not wanting to be "done" having babies and then guilty for feeling so guilty. I cried all the time and for no apparent reason and still even almost 4 weeks PP I still have days when I feel paranoid and OCD. I think about horrible things happening and then go check and recheck whatever it is, doors locked, stove off, Jax and Avi are breathing.

I'm not on medication yet but I think I will be prescribed something. I don't do well taking medication and really try to avoid it at all costs. I don't have an appointment until March 9th but if things seem to be getting worse I will call and have them see me that day. My mom, SO, and best friend are all aware and have been a great support system for me.
BoobyDutyAgainJen likes this.

February 22nd, 2012, 03:24 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~SarahDid~ View Post
For me I felt soooo guilty. I felt guilty about being away from DS1, guilty about being off work for so long, guilty for feeling sad about his complications and NICU stay, guilty for not wanting to be "done" having babies and then guilty for feeling so guilty. I cried all the time and for no apparent reason and still even almost 4 weeks PP I still have days when I feel paranoid and OCD. I think about horrible things happening and then go check and recheck whatever it is, doors locked, stove off, Jax and Avi are breathing.

I'm not on medication yet but I think I will be prescribed something. I don't do well taking medication and really try to avoid it at all costs. I don't have an appointment until March 9th but if things seem to be getting worse I will call and have them see me that day. My mom, SO, and best friend are all aware and have been a great support system for me.

Sarah, that's one of the smartest and best things to do...let people know what's going on. They can help you to recognize things you can't and possibly sooner than you would yourself.

I also deal with the thoughts of horrible things happen which ends up with me having panic attacks and constantly checking on the baby and everything around us. That's why my doctor gave me Zoloft, because it is also an anti-anxiety drug.

Ashley, "baby blues" where you have those emotional ups and downs are really common in the first couple of weeks after giving birth. After that, if you are still feeling that way, odds are you are suffering from PPD. So yeah, I really think you should talk to your doctor about help for it. It's worth it to do so, you'll feel so much better!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
February 23rd, 2012, 12:58 PM
MamaSugarplump's Avatar Jordan
I have PPD. Just a couple of days after coming home I was crying ALL THE TIME. I had depression/anxiety before pregnancy and during pregnancy and the meds they put me on didn't work very well. So, I went to my doctor and they put me back on Effexor. Also, my doctor has been trying to get me to go to counseling for a while now and I wouldn't go, but I started about 4 weeks ago. It really has helped me identify the root of my problems and ways to deal with it. I HATED that I had to go to counseling at first but now I'm glad that I finally started going.
February 23rd, 2012, 09:22 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Hugs to all of you!! PPD is a pain in the rear and totally unfair. It messes with your mind and makes you feel like less of a mother in many ways. However, recognizing it and addressing it makes you a GREAT mom. You are doing the best thing you can to get better for yourself AND your baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpinktulips View Post
I'm on celexa and am doing very well on it. Only took a week to kick in too, so that made me extra happy. What did your doctor put you on?

I took Zoloft with DD and it made me a bit of a zombie on top of not curing the PPD. I later weaned DD so I could go on Effexor.
I am on Effexor XR which isn't exactly ideal. It does have a lot of side effects and has been shown to be excreted in breastmilk. However, the midwife, pediatrician, and my therapist all agree it is better to take something that is effective for me than waste time messing around with the less side effect inducing meds. I have taken many types of antidepressants and this is the one that has been most effective in the past. Mallory does seem sleepier with it but I am trying to wait it out to see how she is after that initial period of adjustment.

Glad your med is working well for you!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search