These kicks HURT!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Tell me I am not a wuss. This kid is somehow hitting me in the rib and cervix at the same time, and it hurts! My first pregnancy was not like this at all. Will he chill out as he starts to run out of room, or will the punches and kicks get stronger? Is it silly to think I could go into premature labor from this? I mean he feels freakishly strong in there!

And my heartburn is awful. Really horrible I am such a complainer, after my other thread of being so excited, lol
February 16th, 2012, 09:33 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
That's how my pregnancy was with DS. Unfortunately it only gets worse. Sorry. I hate to be negative. Well, he's probably doing that thing where he kicks his legs out and that hits your ribs and meanwhile that power drives his head into your cervix. Super painful, I know.

Maybe when he gets bigger they won't feel so jolting.

February 16th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you're in pain! I've actually never been kicked in the ribs...I guess I just carry lower or something.

This baby bounces around on my cervix all the freaking time though and sometimes it is fairly uncomfortable.

February 16th, 2012, 09:40 PM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
My uterus isn't high enough for rib kicks yet. They're coming though. It's inevitable for me too.

February 16th, 2012, 09:48 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Devin kicked my ribs all the time - he was uncomfortable for sure. Kate was too low. This one seems to be undecided at the moment. She's the most active however and I think she's going to hurt me.

But yes.... ouch! These babies can really do some stuff that just plain hurts! And different babies can feel very different.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 16th, 2012, 10:48 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This one kicks more than Kaiden did, but Kaiden was definitely stronger...I'm still just getting bumps...and mine is SO LOW, I swear I havent felt anything above my pelvis~

February 17th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Koti's Avatar Nugget's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Koti Send a message via Yahoo to Koti
I feel the same..sometimes it makes me gasp or moan. It's not horribly painful but I feel it for sure. I was just saying the other day that this baby must be long because I feel.him really low yet he kicks my ribs. Right now I'm getting those pinching feeling really really low, like in my cervix or.something. ouch
February 17th, 2012, 04:14 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koti View Post
I feel the same..sometimes it makes me gasp or moan. It's not horribly painful but I feel it for sure. I was just saying the other day that this baby must be long because I feel.him really low yet he kicks my ribs. Right now I'm getting those pinching feeling really really low, like in my cervix or.something. ouch
Ugh I've been getting those cervix pinches. I think she's punching it. Not cool, baby, not cool.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 17th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Jennmarie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Logan LIVED with a foot stuck between my ribs and my lung. It was SO uncomfortable, and he'd do the same thing with kicking in about 45 places at one time. The ability to do it super-fast and hard will probably decrease...but at the same time your little one will be getting stronger..sooo yeah.I don't think its a sign of premature labor or anything though..just third trimester fun. I was just thinking last night/this morning how this little one is just inches away from my ribs..it won't be long now until I'm enjoying that with you. Just a couple more months though, we can do it!!!

February 17th, 2012, 06:59 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This baby is definitely hurting me more than Jackson did. He is kicking at my ribs and my cervix all the time. he kicked so hard yesterday that I thought he was going to kick his way out. It really hurt.

And last night I had the first heartburn with this pregnancy and it was terrible. So yes I'm complaining right there with you. We just have a few more weeks though.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
February 17th, 2012, 07:07 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
CJ knocked a rib out once, so yea...it can get worse.

So far the most painful thing with this one is she tries pushing her way out through my belly- it's like she has her little feet braced and is pushing backwards.

February 17th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh these stories make me cringe! This kid is usually pounding on my cervix and pretty low, so the rib kick surprised me. I seem to have a particularly short torso and I think this kid is longer or something. He has been floating up to my ribs for weeks so that if I am lying on my side or sitting it is often hard to breathe. But now rib punches and kick? Owie!
February 18th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha, wyatt always had a foot in my ribs. And he'd. Wiggle his foot on the edges of them and kind of work the cartilage off of it. Hurt soo bad! Id lean real tall and work my hand ina downward motion over where his foot was. Sometimes it would work to get him to move. Sometimes it would agitate him and he'd kick the crud out of me! I had wretchid heartburn with both boys. Now I'm on zantac 150 twice a day, and I still get acid burning up my throat a lot. Its incredibly painful!
This boys kicks tend to be outward, and it looks like an egg underneith my skin. It makes my stomach feel like I've been electricuted and hurts like crazy. I'm sooo glad I don't have to birth this boy vaginally. I'm positive he's sunny side up, and I get twnges of backlbor during my bhs. That would not be a fun experience!

Make a pregnancy ticker
February 18th, 2012, 11:56 AM
muffin300's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my mom said she had an actual black and blue bruise from one of her pregnancies from the kicking.
this one was jabbing me behind my belly button with her heel or her fist the other day lol that hurt.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search