Do I need to be worried? *update in post #22

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2012, 05:03 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I have been spotting light brown since yesterday morning and it persisted all day. I am still getting it today. I've also has some very mild cramping. Since I have the doppler I have used that and can find the heartbeat, but I am still worried. Should I be worried? Should I call my midwife?

I know they say brown is alright, it's bright red that you should worry about...but my miscarriage started out with brown spotting and then progressed a few days later...so I am still worried, even though that was soooo early on (like 5 weeks), and I'm now past 11 weeks.

Should I just rest? Should I call the midwife just to see what she says? What would you do???

Update in post #22 (Do I need to be worried? *update in post #22)

Last edited by JulieMc; February 17th, 2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason: updated
February 17th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would call the midwife for reassurance and take it easy. Feet up, lots of water. I think once youre hearing the heartbeat, the miscarriage rate drops considerably.
3Sapphires and momma_d like this.

February 17th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Calmdownlindsey's Avatar Veteran
If you're worried, why not call and ease your mind?

Plus, since it's Friday, it might be best to call today while offices are open- although I'm not sure if weekend hours matter with your midwife.

Sounds like normal stuff, but why worry when you don't have to. Hope you're able to put your mind at ease and enjoy the weekend.
bettyearl likes this.
February 17th, 2012, 06:01 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think it is a great sign that you are able to fine the heartbeat. With that being said, I would think it was honestly nothing. I would call just to ease your mind. I had some pink spotting a few weeks ago and I felt a lot better after I spoke to someone. Just try to take it easy

Ashley
Ashley
February 17th, 2012, 06:10 AM
My midwife doesn't have Friday office hours, so it's like it's the weekend already. I guess I'll just take it easy and try not to obsess and freak out.

February 17th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the other ladies. I think everything is probably fine especially since you are able to hear the heartbeat. But, call so you have peace of mind!

February 17th, 2012, 06:12 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm so sorry! I know how scary it is to see any spotting, even when we're told how common it is. You haven't had your first appt yet, have you? I don't think so, but I can't remember. I would go ahead and give your MW a call. The fact that you're picking up the HB on the doppler is a great sign! Does it still sound fast and strong? That should also ease your mind if so. But, talking to your MW will probably be what can really put your mind at ease. My MW has always said to call her at any sign of spotting, no matter the color and they'll decide if I should come in. You never know, she may want you to come in for an U/S and then you may be able to see the baby and see that everything's ok! Plus, if you have something like a SCH or placenta previa, they usually want to know sooner than later (not that I think that you have either, I don't), but spotting is the first sign and they like those early U/S to know to keep an eye on them if they're present, or they can rule them out. KUP!!!!

In the meantime, rest, relax, lay down, and drink lots of water.
bettyearl likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

February 17th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Yea, I had my first appointment on Feb. 1. My next one is Feb. 28. They did an u/s then and said everything looked good...hb was 170, which is in the range I'm picking up with my doppler.

I'm now convinced this baby is a boy because it is a troublemaker, just like my son was.

February 17th, 2012, 06:37 AM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't want to worry you but I would get checked out as soon as possible. Very light brown spotting at 10 1/2 weeks was my only sign of my missed m/c with my first

I hope everything is ok and you are able to take it easy and the spotting is nothing. Especially since you have a doppler and can hear the heartbeat you know its not a missed m/c

February 17th, 2012, 06:45 AM
But...I don't think this is ER worthy...they'd laugh me out of there. And I think that'd be my only choice because my midwife doesn't have hours on Friday. Argh. I wish they were open at least half a day on Fridays...

February 17th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMc View Post
But...I don't think this is ER worthy...they'd laugh me out of there. And I think that'd be my only choice because my midwife doesn't have hours on Friday. Argh. I wish they were open at least half a day on Fridays...
No I wouldn't go to the ER either. If you have been hearing the heartbeat it is likely nothing too worry about. Just take it easy and hopefully it will stop on its own. Your circumstances are very different than mine were with the missed m/c because I was 10 1/2 weeks had never heard the heartbeat and when they did the u/s the baby measured at 6 weeks so not at all like what is happening with you.

February 17th, 2012, 07:01 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope it stops for you today! In the meantime I think everyone else has given wonderful advice. Lots of rest and water can't hurt, and I think the fact that you are picking up a strong HB on your doppler is a great sign! KUP and I hope you can find some peace this weekend through all of this!
February 17th, 2012, 07:45 AM
I just went to the bathroom and this time there was some red..just a little. But I'm still cramping. So I called. Apparently they changed and they do have Friday hours now...yay...they want me to come in at 2pm. I'm so happy to learn they are open on Fridays now...they were not for the longest time. I think maybe its because they just added another midwife.

I did the doppler again and I picked up the hb in the 160 to 170 range.

I hope its just a stupid polyp or something non-serious. But I'm still really nervous. Hopefully they'll send me for an ultrasound...and not just do the doppler...

February 17th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Calmdownlindsey's Avatar Veteran
So glad you got an appointment!
February 17th, 2012, 08:04 AM
So glad you are able to get in today!

February 17th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm glad they're seeing you today! Keep us updated

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
February 17th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Glad they'll see you today! Keep us posted!

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
February 17th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Well, its suddenly worse...definitely red bleeding and I passed a huge clot. the cramping didn't feel as bad after the clot passed. but still, i'm terrified. this is just flooding my mind with memories of the miscarriage. i freaked out, called midwife again, and they said i can come in at 1pm..which is enough time to get the kids ready for daddy to take charge of and for me to drive there. i pulled out the doppler after the clot thing and its still going strong. hopefully its nothing. gosh this sucks.

February 17th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am glad you were able to get the earliest appointment possible. I hope everything goes well. I am saying a prayer for you. I hope everything is well and they are able to reassure you so you can relax. Hopefully they will go ahead and give you an u/s. Please keep us updated!

February 17th, 2012, 09:17 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So happy they can get you in. Please keep us posted. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I think it's great news that you have the HB on the doppler.

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search