Carseat screamers

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else got one? What do you do?

If Thatcher is asleep when I put him in his carseat, he will most likely stay that way for the entire trip. If he is awake/wakes up he screams his HEAD off!! It breaks my heart when he does this, because he cries so intensely.

If my boyfriend is driving, I crawl in the backseat and can usually calm him. If I am alone, I pull over and take him out to comfort him. Most times, I can comfort him, get him to sleep and then put him back in fairly quickly, but there have been several times where he just won't go back in without crying.

Before we go anywhere, I always make sure that his diaper is clean, he has a full belly and lets out a good burp. I also make sure he has good air flow and is blocked from the sun. Even with all those needs met, he will still cry. I don't know what to do, because I can't spend all day sitting in parking lots, but I don't want to let him cry either.

February 17th, 2012, 04:00 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
I had that issue with DS2 and the only thing that worked was a pacifier. I tried everything else but even if I had him asleep and got him into the seat without waking him he somehow knew he was in it and would wake up screaming.
February 18th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmomma View Post
I had that issue with DS2 and the only thing that worked was a pacifier. I tried everything else but even if I had him asleep and got him into the seat without waking him he somehow knew he was in it and would wake up screaming.
I hate pacifiers, but I have given him one in the car a couple of times to calm him down. It worked once.

I don't know what to do. Today was another bad trip. We were out for a few hours and he woke up as we were walking out of the store. I nursed him in the truck, burped him, changed his diaper, we talked to him for a bit but we just couldn't get him totally content. I got him in the seat and sat in the back with them. He lasted 10 minutes before he lost his mind again. We pulled over, changed him again, offered to nurse but he didn't want to. My boyfriend walked him around in the parking lot for like 15 minutes until calmed down. He wasn't exactly happy, but DD had to use the bathroom, so we put him back in and left to find a bathroom. He fussed for a minute, but settled down, so we hurried home.

It makes going out so stressful and it makes me not want to leave!

February 19th, 2012, 07:14 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
I pretty much avoided going anywhere with him until he was a few months old and got to a point where he would scream for a minute or two and then fall asleep from the movement. I wish I had a trick to share but really we just had to ride it out until it got better eventually. Hopefully it will get better for your little guy soon.
February 19th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahmomma View Post
I pretty much avoided going anywhere with him until he was a few months old and got to a point where he would scream for a minute or two and then fall asleep from the movement. I wish I had a trick to share but really we just had to ride it out until it got better eventually. Hopefully it will get better for your little guy soon.
I think that is what I am going to have to do. Only leave when I have to and plan the trip so that he sleeps from the time we leave until we get back.

February 21st, 2012, 02:13 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jackson screams from the time we put him in the carseat til we walk outside. He seems to be fine as soon as we get outside. Then the only time he starts crying again is if his hat creeps down over his eyes, which happens a lot. lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search