Visitors?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By ~SarahDid~
  • 1 Post By Bridgett_H
  • 1 Post By Chellie
  • 1 Post By MamaSugarplump

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2012, 05:48 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you like it when people come to visit?

I only like it when I invite people. When people invite themselves, I give a very strong "I want you to go" vibe. Call me a b. I don't care. I just don't like having to hurry up and clean, etc. because someone else thinks it's a good idea to come over. :/

February 21st, 2012, 07:57 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i never like unexpected visitors but its even harder now because with a newborn and a 5yr old my house is always a wreck. if im given a few days notice im fine with it but if someone wants to come over that same day i would be annoyed. if anyone ever dropped in unexpected i would be pissed
DD born 1/3/12

February 21st, 2012, 10:13 PM
DeepSouthMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used to love unexpected visitors. That was back when I was able to keep my house clean, groceries in the fridge and stuff to drink in the house. Now I just dread a knock at the door or the door bell ringing!

Michelle ~ Mommy to Joseph
February 22nd, 2012, 12:54 PM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
We don't get unexpected visitors because we live out in the middle of nowhere. I remember when we first moved here on two seperate occasions MIL who lives an hour away decided to drop in unexpected and both times we weren't home. lol She was actually mad at us for not being home and had previously complained to dh about me being rude for telling her to call us before stopping in even though I said it for that very reason. Needless to say she learned her lesson and started calling first so she wouldnt be wasting her time.
February 22nd, 2012, 02:45 PM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
It depends. I don't mind if certain people come over that have kids and have seen my house a toy wreck before. But, some people I do NOT want, whether it be because there are toys all over and they don't have kids or because they annoy the crap out of me and I have a short fuse because I am sleep deprived.

February 22nd, 2012, 02:45 PM
~SarahDid~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ~SarahDid~
We get unexpected visitors ALL the time and it drives me nuts! SO has a wide variety of friends, whereas I only have a few really close ones. My friends always phone ahead but his just show up. I have had to put my foot down because I will be nursing Jaxon and someone will bang on the door for 5 minutes! Get a clue! If I don't answer, go away! I'm not going to stop feeding my child just because someone never learned manners.
DeepSouthMommy likes this.

February 22nd, 2012, 05:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am not big on having company...period. I absolutely HATE unexpected guests. If I want to socialize with people I would much rather go out, and meet at a restaurant or something. We have family that will honestly just come in and let their kids destroy our house. I don't let mine act like that, and i can't stand other people's kids doing it. I'm so glad we moved like three hours from our closest family. Nobody has come to visit yet except one guy my husband works with. It's lovely.
Indymommy7 likes this.
February 22nd, 2012, 08:32 PM
Chellie's Avatar Veteran
I can't stand unexpected visitors or people (ahem, MIL) who call when they're on the highway while on the way over. At this point when she pulls that shtuff I just stay in the bedroom and let DF deal with her. Everyone else calls with plenty of notice and they're happy to arrange a visit around our schedules - dunno why it's so hard for her!
MamaSugarplump likes this.

February 22nd, 2012, 10:01 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
i wish our familys would come visit and meet tyler.
February 25th, 2012, 07:46 AM
MamaSugarplump's Avatar Jordan
I HATE it when people show up unannounced. But I don't mind visitors if they will call ahead of time, more than just a few minutes, so I can pick up the main living area. It's just as bad as not calling though if you just call and say "we're on our way, be there in a few" because that's not enough time to do anything.
Indymommy7 likes this.
February 26th, 2012, 05:07 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Guess this is one good thing about living ina tiny apartment...hardly anyone just showd up.lol

I would hate it if they did.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search