Fussy babies, or colic, or PURPLE crying cure?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Blue-Jay

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Blue-Jay's Avatar Jenny
Hi! I've been posting a little in Feb DDC, since Robby came in Feb. Today I posted a desperate plea for help, because my little one cries every night from about 11 pm to 3 am, and when he is awake during the day, cries about 50% of his awake time. It's been a very exhausting and draining 3 weeks, and I really did not know if I could keep this up. A mom from March DDC popped over to recommend a dvd called The Happiest Baby on the Block. I looked it up online, and found this YouTube video The Happiest Baby on the Block - Richard & Judy - YouTube in which the guy that founded the method does an demonstration. It worked for me! Within seconds, my screaming baby quieted down and fell asleep. I don't know if any of you are struggling with this, but I thought I would share it in case it can save somebody's sanity.
acupofjoe and MamaSugarplump like this.

February 25th, 2012, 12:13 PM
AnnaandRyansMommy's Avatar Sarah
My first child cried a lot in the evenings and out pediatrician recommended that dvd. It really helped us as well. This time around we have a more content baby, but I still watched it again because it just helps him calm down and sleep at night.

February 25th, 2012, 06:48 PM
amydawn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am popping in from January 2010 playroom. My little girl was very colicky till about 6 months and I can say it was the most hardest time in my life. The happiest baby on the block helped us so much. I found out the only time she was truly calm was when she was in motion (a high needs baby). She loved and still loves the infant swing at 25 months old ( she is a smaller toddler) We had the fisher price aquarium swing and burned the motor out; however fisher price has an excellent customer service department and replaced it with the newer model the zoo looking one.
We tried the gripe water and there was some improvements but not that much. Not sure if u work full time time but please get you some help at times . You have to have your rest too.( easier said I know).
My best advise is find out what soothes baby the most from the book. Swaddling, sucking and swinging was ours. Don't worry if baby needs to sleep in swing if that works, it works. I was so worried about the development growth with her spine swinging but now looking back she was fine. ( I work in physical therapy so of course I was extra worried) . I was also trying to be a perfection and looking back I wished I followed her lead instead of trying to get her on a schedule and attempting her to follow my lead.
This will pass Hun and I have to admit toddler years are a piece of cake compaired to colicky days.
Please feel free to pm if u have questions or need some support.

thank you GreysMama for my siggy

February 26th, 2012, 04:04 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I am glad you foundsomething that worksforyou!

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
February 26th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
TFS this! Thatcher can't be soothed sometimes. We tried some of this and it seemed to work pretty well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search