The Newborn Stage

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So be honest.............. What do you really think about the newborn stage?

First time mommies.... Is it what you expected? Harder? Easier?

BTDT mommies... Is there a stage you are looking forward to or do you wish they could stay newborns forever?

The newborn stage isn't my favorite stage. There are of course parts of it that I LOVE like how snuggly they are and how sweet they smell and how peaceful they look when they are sleeping, but I worry so much during this time that it's hard to enjoy it sometimes .

I am really looking forward to him being around 4-5 months. I really liked that time with DD and it seemed from then on, the stages kept getting better and better. He also won't be as fragile and can hold his head up and he be much more interactive. Can't wait!

February 27th, 2012, 09:57 AM
The Natalie's Avatar !!!!!!!!!
I happen to enjoy the newborn phase except for the ocasional fussiness. Abbigail is a perfect little newborn.

I don't wish she would stay a newborn forever because I so enjoy the 3s with Ethan but I love the cuddly newborn stage a whole lot.

February 27th, 2012, 11:04 AM
HonestMamma's Avatar Bish!
I am not a fan overall of the newborn stage, just because of the constant tiredness and lack of sleep. It's really hard to enjoy this stage when you feel like a walking zombie all the time!

But, it's ok, because it's temporary. Jacob is a really good baby, and he is such a sweetheart, I hope I can remember how sweet he is right now in a year from now.

February 27th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Regular
I love to snuggle. I could use more sleep. Also, he eats every 2 to 3 hours so my nipples are constantly sore. I'm excited to see him learn new things and interact with me more! He's already started cooing, giggling, and smiling
February 27th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Erin.minus.thyroid's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
newborn stage is not my favorite either. I dont mind it but i prefer a bit older. my baby is really good so im not feeling all that tired. i just like it when baby isnt so floppy. clothing and diapers and carseats all seem so uncomfortable at this age.
DD born 1/3/12

February 28th, 2012, 06:24 AM
boots&bowtie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to boots&bowtie
I'm a first time mom. The newborn stage, overall, is not as bad as I thought it would be. I expected a lot more screaming and crying that couldn't be soothed (although every evening he does get super gassy/fussy) and I expected the nights to be more difficult. He sleeps pretty well at night.

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggie!

February 28th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the newborn stage, aside from the exhaustion I'm feeling at this point. Of course with everything we've got going on with the kids being sick, it's a little worse than usual.
Gabby is my youngest (1month), and my oldest is 17....I don't know that I can really pic a favorite stage. I love the stage our 19 month old is at where they are so sweet, and loving, and just learning new stuff all the time....but I've honestly been the type that every new stage we enter, I swear it's the best one yet. lol There's a lot to be said for when they're grown and have kids of their own...(i know 16 isn't really grown, but she's on her on...)She's the best friend I have in the world...although I SO miss her being a little girl.
March 2nd, 2012, 11:07 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
I LOVE the newborn stage! It isn't my favorite(1-2 years is...when they make such rapid growth all the time) but it is high up. I love the snuggles, the sighs, the way they really can do anything you need them to do, etc. With cosleeping I don't really have the sleep issues and with practicing a more AP style my kiddos tend to not cry too much. Like I said, I prefer the 1-2 year old stage more and look forward to it.

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

March 2nd, 2012, 11:43 PM
acupofjoe's Avatar Proud mama of three!
Send a message via Yahoo to acupofjoe
I usually LOVE it and i mean love love love it but this time around its been miserable..she has colic and acid reflux/gerd so bad all she does is scream for 10 hours straight if she isnt puking. Raleigh had colic to so the crying i am used to but the other thing ive never dealt with and it sucks changing her clothes 5 times an hour.
March 9th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Veteran
Hmm good question as a first time mommy and my son being a preemie overall I think its harder then I thought. I was expecting the fatigue but not too worry so much. Since he came earlier then expected we still hadn't taken our prenatal classes so I feel like I have alot to learn and his first month was spent in the NICU so I always had the nurses to ask questions to and he was hooked up to monitors so I didn't worry as much but its a month we are home know and Im pooped and constantly worried... Trying to enjoy everymoment despite feeling like a walking zombie like most mommies I think.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search