HI Ladies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By everafter

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Mandy1108's Avatar Expecting a little boy!!
Send a message via Skype™ to Mandy1108
I'm coming over from the March DDC. I wasn't due until March 2, 2012 but Austin decided he did not want to wait until March. I'll just copy and paste my birth story from March DDC. I'll introduce myself first.

My name is Amanda but I'm also called Mandy. I am 29 years old and have been married since November 2008 to Phil. We have 2 dogs, Siri and Iris. & we got pregnant June 2011. Sorry if Im leaving anything out....my mind is blank as to what else I should say about myself.

The wkend Austin came into the world was a pretty crazy one already. On January 20th, Phil's grandmother passed away. Then on January 22, the day when the family was suppose to all gather together, I started feeling contractions and since I'm a first timer, I didn't think too much of it. They weren't painful and were random. We went to lunch like we always do on Sundays at his moms house and afterwards I started spotting. Well this freaked me out! This whole pregnancy I'd never spotted so I immediately told Phil and I called my midwife and she said come on in and we'll get you evaluated. So, Phil missed out on the family gathering but he did make it to the funeral but I did not of course bc I was in the hospital.

So we get to the hospital and they immediately do a catheter to get a clean catch...This was NOT FUN! That came back ok. She said she hoped that I had sex recently and that would explain the spotting. I, of course, said no, no sex.

They hooked me up to monitor the contractions and the babys heartbeat. The baby looked great. They said I was having what was called uterine irritability. They said they wanted to keep me overnight for observation. They started an IV and gave me a shot of a muscle relaxer to try and stop the contractions. The shot helped but then I started noticing the contractions again. They started me on a pill of muscle relaxers instead of a shot all the time. The pills were not helping.

They asked if I needed something for sleep. I said no at first but then I changed my mind bc I just wanted to be knocked out and sleep so I didnt feel anything. So they gave me 5mg Ambien. It did not help me at all. I guess the pain outdid the pill. I finally asked a nurse to give me something for pain not realizing I was in labor.

My midwife came into the room and said I think I need to check you again if you're wanting something for pain. She checked me and I was 9cm dilated. I had no idea. I was in pain, yes, but I'd never experienced labor pains before so I wasn't even thinking I was in labor. I thought they would be way worse than what I was feeling. But dont get me wrong, I was hurting.

So she said you're 9cm. We're having a baby today. Phil and I both said What?! I had a cold wash cloth over my face whenever a contraction would hit, & I would breath thru it. Im not sure how much that helped though. I finally said I needed an epidural. I asked if it was too late. They said no. It felt like it took forever for them to administer that. & the anesthesiologist had to ask me questions and I could not answer him if I was having a contraction. I felt like saying hurry up and just stick me please.

The epidural did not hurt at all. & I felt nothing which was great. I pushed for 3 hours and then my midwife said we need to consider a c-section. I was really nervous and worried about that. I've never had surgery before but I knew that was my only other option to get him here. He came down so far..Phil could see the head...but then he got stubborn and decided he didn't wanna come out that way.

So Austin William was born by c-section January 23 (also my moms bday) @ 12:12pm. He was 4.8 lbs and 18.5 inches long.

He had his first Dr appt Tuesday and he's up to a lil over 5 lbs. I've been really busy...as you can imagine so when I get a free opportunity, I will post pics.

Last week he was 7 lbs. So, he is growing so fast already.

Last edited by Mandy1108; February 28th, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
February 28th, 2012, 07:37 PM
TNTGarner's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As one of our preemie moms here I figured I would pop on and say hello! That is a crazy story! Its shocking that they didnt notice a difference in your contractions (or his heartrate) and that they could see the head but not deliver... Did he have a long NICU stay? welcome to Jan 12 DDC.

February 28th, 2012, 07:58 PM
everafter's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations on your little peanut !!!!

Can't wait to see pictures !!!!!
TNTGarner likes this.

February 28th, 2012, 08:09 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Welcome!

My first born is a 34 week preemie born via c-section. Can't wait to see some pictures of your little prince.

ETA...I just noticed you didnt mention the NICU. How long was your stay?

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***

Last edited by swade66; February 28th, 2012 at 08:19 PM.
February 29th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swade66 View Post
Welcome!

My first born is a 34 week preemie born via c-section. Can't wait to see some pictures of your little prince.

ETA...I just noticed you didnt mention the NICU. How long was your stay?

He was born January 23 & came home January 29...just in time for my baby shower haha

March 1st, 2012, 02:42 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
thats an awfully short stay for a baby born 6 weeks early

<3

<3
March 2nd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -3-Hearts View Post
thats an awfully short stay for a baby born 6 weeks early
Yes...def blessed.

March 2nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
cynb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!
March 2nd, 2012, 10:21 PM
BoobyDutyAgainJen's Avatar Proud Mom & Birth Mom
Send a message via AIM to BoobyDutyAgainJen
Welcome and congrats on your little guy! Austin is one of my most favorite boy names...my son would be an Austin if I had had my way! Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing pics of you and your son!

Thanks *Kiliki* for the precious siggy!

March 14th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Veteran
Congrats!! My son was also due on March 2nd but made his appearance on January 10th as well by c-section! We stayed in the NICU for 1 month and Tristan came home weighing 4.5 lbs. Its amazing what a difference 1.5 lbs made for our little munckin. Wishing you and your family all the best.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search