Working Mommies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2012, 08:04 AM
sfarrow3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How long are you taking for maternity leave?

March 12th, 2012, 08:06 AM
JandJC's Avatar #2 due in April!
Probably until the new year. Our company is closed the week between Christmas and New Years anyway so I think it will wind up being 7 or 8 weeks. I work from home though so I'm sure I will be doing things here and there!
sfarrow3 likes this.

March 12th, 2012, 08:07 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i'm taking the full 12 weeks. i will have to use all of my PTO first, then i'll be on ST disability, which is only 60% pay. but better than nothing, i suppose!

with DS, i was a post-doc. the NIH guidelines only allow for 60 calendar days of leave. the year before i got pregnant, it was only 30 calendar days!!! luckily it was paid, but i didn't even qualify for FMLA b/c i hadn't been there a year. it was HARD going back after only 8 weeks.
sfarrow3 likes this.
March 12th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Veteran
I will be taking the full 12 weeks. I will only get paid for about half of the time, but it's worth it! I've talked to alot of people who took 6-8 weeks and regret it. Said it was very hard going back at that time and they were just getting their baby on a schedule. And you can't get the time the new born time back.
March 12th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Mollyjayne's Avatar Super Mommy
I too will go back the new year, however it will be unpaid
sfarrow3 likes this.
March 12th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Enceinte2012's Avatar Super Mommy
I will be taking eight weeks, at 60 % - not great, but better than nothing!
sfarrow3 likes this.
March 12th, 2012, 08:39 AM
dibbers's Avatar Super Mommy
Blimey 12 weeks isnt long at all!!! In uk we get 12 months off, not at full pay tho unless your company is super nice, x
sfarrow3 likes this.

11/03/12
March 12th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Super Mommy
Full 12 weeks, some pto (I have tons because we work extra hours during tax season, so I have like 6 weeks off to take anywhere between May and December every single year), some state disability and some paid family leave which is mandated in New Jersey (weekly benefit is capped to like $550). My first baby did take at least six weeks to get on a more regular schedule and full 12 weeks to sleep better at night, so I see the benefit in staying home as long as I can.
sfarrow3 likes this.
March 12th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Katie81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most likely until the new year, so about 10 weeks total. I expect to deliver around the 38 week mark again. I will have about 3 weeks vacation saved up and then short term disability will pay for a couple of weeks at 60%...the rest will be unpaid. I don't want to take any more time than that off because we are taking a Disney cruise in April and I have to save up the vacation time for that.
sfarrow3 likes this.
March 12th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Mommyx12's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not sure how long, but I'll take off as long as I can and I'm really hoping to be able to reduce my hours when I go back.
March 12th, 2012, 09:36 AM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I receive 12 weeks pay, so I will be taking those for sure. That will put me into the New Year, and I too work from home so although I will be back at work I can decide when the time is right to send the baby to a sitter/daycare.

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

March 12th, 2012, 10:16 AM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still off on maternity leave now. But will either go back for 3 months (or go on disability...depending how the pregnancy goes). And then take my 52 weeks maternity again.

March 12th, 2012, 10:25 AM
newserenity's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not sure, I work nights right now so at least 12 weeks if I can. I may go back to being a stay at home mom.

March 12th, 2012, 11:12 AM
ericswife11's Avatar twin girls coming soon!
To be honest i havent decided yet. i took off 4 months off with DS and then I was lucky enough to have a job that i was able to take him with me. I would like to be able to take that kind of time off again. it will be unpaid but really i would like to just be a sahm. we will probably make a decision closer to our dd as of righr now thhings are still kind of unreal.
Nov, 17 2011 HCG- 149.1
Nov, 19 2011 HCG- 248.1
Said good bye to our 3rd little bean Nov. 27, 2011

March 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM
~~MeeMee~~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'll be taking 8 weeks, but I'll only return to work for a few months before I retire then I'll be a SAHM for a while

BABY BOY due June 6

Me 40 DH 42 with an amazing 15yo DS
TTC #2 NTNP starting in 2009
actively TTC (BBT and OPKs) 2011
natural BFP Feb 2012, ending in mmc Apr with d&c in May
IVF Sep 2012, 4 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, but showed abnormal
growth, so not suitable for transfer
Nov 2012 IVF take 2 = 3 embryos, but due to concerns with lining unable to transfer
Jan 2013 endometrial biopsy = normal
Mar FET transferred 2 beautiful embryos, but unfortunately BFN
moving to donor eggs fall of 2013
Septemeber 30, 2013 - surprise BFP while waiting for DE
March 12th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Formerly "firstmommytobe"
Since I will be having a c-section I will get the required 8 weeks and then after that I might try and take the 12 weeks you get for child baby bonding time set by California Law. Not sure..wish I could work from home or be a SAHM...not really realistic now-a-days it seems...with needing a 2 income household.. at least in CA.. lol

March 12th, 2012, 01:08 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
the awesome thing about being self employed.. i can take how ever long i want.. the downside of it.. i don't get paid for it LOL.. SO.. with that said.. i will prob get right back in to it really.. unless i have a c section.. but ill prob get back into it otherwise within a month and just do one or two sessions a week instead of daily
sfarrow3 likes this.
March 12th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
I will be going back after the new year.

March 12th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Pixie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm planning on taking off the first of November through the new year. I'll save up as much vaca and holiday as I can which will be full pay and the rest of the time will be short term disability at a percentage. I took about 2 months with my son and it was enough.

March 12th, 2012, 05:41 PM
fireflyluna13's Avatar Super Mommy
I am most likely having a repeat c-section unless my Dr lets me try for a VBAC (not a lot of hope for that with my brain aneurysms, they don't really want me pushing) so I'll be taking the full 12wks. The first 3wks are PTO or unpaid if I don't have any accrued. After that I'll have short-term disability at some percentage...hmmm need to look into that
~Selena, mom to 3 boys: Alex 10, William 8. and Baby boy #3 Lukas Araya born 10/28/2012

Lukas was born with moderate to severe metopic craniosynostosis with trigonocephaly. Corrective surgery performed March 18, 2013. We are on the other side!!!

Tags
pregnancy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search