Brandy's Little Turkey's Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree34Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 14th, 2012, 12:02 PM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
HI-
I am Brandy (28) and DH is Steve (27). We got married on October 9, 2010 and were ttc for 9 months before it finally happened. During our ttc journey I was diagnosed with PCOS on December 16 and my doctor prescribed 500mg of Metformin to regulate my cycle. The next cycle, which was #7 for us I had a perfectly regular cycle and was so excited. Unfortunately, I got a that cycle and then when cycle #8 came it started getting crazy again. I received several days of + opk's but no O, I called my dr on Feb. 22, which was CD21, and she decided it was time to increase my Metformin to 1000mg per day. By this time DH and I were worn out from trying to time bd'ing just right for a week and a half and I decided just to let things go- I would keep temping and taking my meds but I would O when I O'd and if our timing was good then awesome, if not my next cycle should be more normal. DH initiated bd'ing one Saturday night, the next morning my temp was still down and he said "Well good, hopefully you will O today with all the spermies in there". The next morning I woke up to temp and sure enough I have O'd the previous day!!!

Although I had many ic hpt's I decided I would not test until 12dpo (although I cheated at 8dpo, knowing I would get a bfn). I woke up the morning of 10dpo from a dream that I was pregnant and having to go pee frequently and had a knot on my abdomen that I kept rubbing like it was my baby That same day my lower back started hurting and I was noticing peeing more frequently in addition I had cramping/twinges most of the day. The following day, 11 dpo, my lower back was still hurting, but the cramping/twinges were gone. March 9th, the morning of 12dpo was finally here and as I laid in bed waking up I told myself the test was going to be negative, we knew it was a long shot this month since my O was so messed up. Then I stood up and felt nauseous, I peed in a cup dipped the stick, laid it down and walked away. About 5 minutes later I returned and saw this:

12dpo- cycle 9 by Pics4me16, on Flickr

I dipped another ic and got the same, so then I dipped an Answer test:

12dpo answer by Pics4me16, on Flickr

I was shocked and in complete disbelief. DH was already at work and on a jobsite so I couldn't call to tell him and even though I work from home this was the one day I had to go into the office...IT WAS THE LONGEST DAY EVER! On my way home from work I stopped and bought a digi because I knew DH wouldn't believe I was pregnant after this long, with lines that were barely there. Also, I had bought a Mizzou bootie, hat, and bib set back in October and decided I would give him that with a digi when I got pregnant. After only holding it about 2 hours tops I got PREGNANT on the digi. Here is how I told Dh:

Aww by Pics4me16, on Flickr

We each told one friend that weekend but wanted to wait to tell anyone else until BW confirmed my pregnancy. I went for my first beta draw the day AF was due- 4 weeks pregnant exactly. My first HCG was 78 (normal range is 50-100 for that day) and my progesterone was 5.0 not good Dr wants that number above 15. So on March 13th I started taking 200mg daily of Prometrium. So far I have not had any spotting/bleeding so I am hoping they caught the issue early enough.

I went back for my second beta today, March 14th and will have my results back tomorrow..

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

March 14th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
So excited to follow you here! FX the meds are working cause I can't wait to see those numbers double!
-Brandy- likes this.
March 15th, 2012, 07:12 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Good Luck, Brandy! Can't wait to see your updates!

March 15th, 2012, 12:40 PM
4 Weeks 3 days

I have been having some cramping today, but minor and not anything that really worries me. I have definitely noticed frequent urination and my nipples feel like they have rugburn too!

I also heard back from my doctor's office a few minutes ago and my HCG is now at 245!! We also scheduled my first appt which will be April 5th at 8:30am and we will be having an ultrasound done so we will get to see our little TURKEY!!

March 18th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!

lol at your nipples feeling like they have rugburn. I know what you're talking about, and it does hurt, but it's a funny description!

March 19th, 2012, 07:43 AM
5 Weeks
This weekend went by so fast and was so exhausting. We went to my mom's to share the big news with her in person. We told her my giving her a Gnomeo and Juliet dvd with a card that said "Some of my fondest memories are watching the Gnomes with my grandma as a child, we hope our child will have those same memories with you!". This really meant a lot to both me and my mom, as my grandma died in 1993. Then at the end of the weekend my mom gave me a Gnome statue (about 4 inches tall)- it was one we had bought my grandma when she was in the hospital and it reminds me so much of her. She also gave me a card with it that said to keep it nearby and Grandma would be watching over me and the baby. Of course I cried, this was my first experience with the emotions pregnancy causes and I am also sitting here crying as I type this. So that is my new pregnancy symptom---emotions! So far no morning sickness, a couple waves of nausea, but no morning sickness.

We also got to tell my brother, his wife, and kids (my nephews and niece) while we were there! It is so nice having people know! Then on the way home we stopped at Steve's parents house for dinner with his parents and his siblings and got to tell his brother and sister as well (we told his parents on Tuesday). So our siblings and parents know now (except one of my brothers and my dad who don't talk to the family).

I should get the results of my third beta back this morning, my doctor likes to monitor the HCG until it reaches 1000so hopefully I was there on Friday afternoon!

March 19th, 2012, 05:07 PM
How exciting to have all the family know! Great doubling rates!
-Brandy- likes this.

March 20th, 2012, 09:59 AM
5 weeks 1 day

I received my 3rd beta results back yesterday afternoon and my hcg was 950! My dr is happy with that number and said I can stop being poked for blood (for now).

So far I haven't had a lot of symptoms, which is nice but also scary. I have had a couple waves of nausea but it seems to be gone as quickly as it comes on. I sleep much better now too, it seems like my body just shuts down as soon as I hit the bed. I guess I will enjoy the great sleep while I can, since I am mostly a belly sleeper I am sure it is only a matter of a short amount of time before that is no longer comfortable.

I received my BellyBand yesterday and I think that will be one of my favorite things here very shortly (or even now with this bloating). I also ordered two pregnancy books yesterday from Amazon: "Belly Laughs: The Naked Truth about Pregnancy and Childbirth" and "Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy". I was originally planning to order "What to Expect when you're Expecting" but after reading reviews on it I really felt like that book was going to scare me more than anything. From the reviews it seemed as though it is very negative about all the little things that can go wrong and cause many pregnant women a lot of stress. The Mayo clinic book had great reviews and many referenced it as being much better than "What to expect when you're expecting". Since I am mostly wanting the books because I think pregnancy is interesting and I want to know what my body is going through each week and what is going on with the baby, I felt like the Mayo clinic book fit my needs the best. The other book is supposed to be more comical and was written by Jenny McCarthy when she was pregnant. Amazon actually just sent me a shipping notice while I was typing this, so I should expect my new purchases my Monday. I can't wait!
swtneka likes this.

March 20th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Glad your doctor is happy with your hCG! Just wait until your doctor draws your pregnancy panel. That was six vials for me! Let me know how you like those books. I've heard great reviews on the Jenny McCarthy book!

March 21st, 2012, 09:22 AM
Yeah I am not looking forward to the pregnancy panel, but I will get through it. It's not even that having my blood drawn bothers me, but 3 pokes in one week is a little much!

I can't wait for the books to get here and I will most definitely update you once I get them. My sister also order me a book called "Baby Bargains"= it is a book of reviews on all items baby related by actual mom's. I am really excited to get that book too!

March 21st, 2012, 09:30 AM
5 weeks 2 days

Nothing new to report today really, so far I have been really blessed on pregnancy symptoms.
Our house is still on the market (for those who didn't know we are trying to sell our home to build a new house, we already have a contingency contract on the new place) and we have an open house here on Sunday. DH is working a lot of hours because they are trying to wrap up a job, so I am going to be trying to do a little more each day to get the house ready for the open house on Sunday. Yesterday I decided the grass needs mowed (already in MARCH!) and since poor DH is working ridiculous hours I don't want it to all be on him. Our front yard is completely flat and back yard has a slight hill on one side. So I mowed the entire front yard and part of the back yard. I took lots of breaks, drank a lot of water, and quit when I started to get tired. We have a self propelled mower so I was really just walking behind the mower, nothing too stenuous. Depending on how I feel later today I may go finish up the yard.

Fx'd our house will sell soon so we can get the builder moving on the new house. They have told us it should take about 3 months from start to finish, so hopefully we get a contract on this one and they can get started soon. I really don't want to be moving in my third trimester and trying to get everything set up in the house as well as in the baby's room before baby comes--but if that is what is meant to happen then that is what we will be doing!

Well the lack of symptoms started to really worry me, so I took another hpt-

I think its safe to say my hcg is still ok-

5 week 2 day
swtneka likes this.

Last edited by -Brandy-; March 21st, 2012 at 11:14 AM.
March 22nd, 2012, 03:25 PM
5 Weeks 3 Days

I decided I didn't have the energy to finish up the side of the back yard with the slight hill so I called by bff's husband and he came over to mow it for me. I then decided to cut back the rose bushes in the front flower garden and called it a night. Thankfully the outside of the house is now ready for the showing this weekend!

Today I feel more fatigued than I had been, tried to nap on my lunch but couldn't fall asleep. I have cleaned the blinds in my office and in our living room today, as well as cleaning the windows in both rooms. I am so ready for someone to buy our house so this deep cleaning all the time can let up some. Don't get me wrong, I love how clean our house is all the time--but between being pregnant, working to finish up my bachelors degree and dh and I both working a lot of hours it is EXHAUSTING!

2 weeks from today we will get to see our little turkey for the first time!
aubers68 likes this.

March 24th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I hope your house sells quickly! I have a work friend whose husband was really picky about houses and they ended up moving in her third trimester. She wasn't too happy about it, but they made it work.

March 26th, 2012, 07:35 AM
6 Weeks

I love making it to milestones- not only am I now 6 weeks pregnant, but I am half way through the first trimester too!! Exhaustion found me this weekend, and took everything out of me. It took me so much longer to clean house on Saturday than it normally does, mostly because I had no motivation and just wanted to go back to sleep. Also, I had several bouts of nausea this weekend- not horrible, didn't puke, but definitely was nauseous. In addition to the random and occasionally nausea I am hungry but NOTHING sounds good. I went from being a not-so-picky eater to struggling to find something that sounds good.

DH and I had Burger King at like 8:30 one night last week (due to him working so late) and I woke up in the middle of the night because it felt like my ring finger was being strangled. Turns out my hands were pretty swollen, I am assuming it was from the amount of salt on the french fries, etc....moral of the story I will now be taking off my wedding band before bed.

In unrelated house news, the open house went well. We had gorgeous weather and had three separate groups of people come through the house. All spent quite a bit of time in the house and the last one (a mother and teenage daughter) really loved the house. I think they drove by earlier in the week as well when I was outside cutting the bushes back. Hopefully something good will come out of all of this!

March 26th, 2012, 05:51 PM
My morning sickness arrived this weekend, too. It felt awesome to reach 6 weeks! Glad the open house went well!

March 26th, 2012, 06:53 PM
LOL I have to laugh about the french fries cause mine do the same thing occasionally. We had Wendys on the way home from my parents and I ended up dry heaving back into the bag during the car ride :S. Needless to say, I took a 2 hours nap afterwards to try to calm my stomach and the dizzy feeling.

P.s. Your bump is starting to peek its head out there Just sayin...
-Brandy- likes this.
March 27th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Welcome to week 6 ladies, I kept hearing that is when the nausea/morning sickness would show up...I was hoping all the books and previously pregnant women were wrong

6 Weeks 1 Day

Hmmm 2 bites of yogurt and a partial glass of water is a healthy breakfast right? Nothing is going down easy, I am hungry and know I need to eat but nothing sounds good or tastes good. Also, it seems constipation has reared its ugly head (maybe that's why I have all this bloating)- so now in addition to nothing sounding good I need to force myself to eat stuff which will assist in that minor issue. This may sound like complaining, but I wouldn't change any of it for the world.

March 27th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Update- --- The dry heaving has arrived, nothing like feeling nauseous walking into the bathroom and dry heaving with your friend Mr. Toliet Bowl.

March 28th, 2012, 09:48 AM
6 Weeks 2 Days

Well it seems morning sickness arrived right on time for me, everyone said 6 weeks is when it would start, low and behold it began at 6 weeks 1 day. It seems my "morning sickness" arrives around 11 am since the last 2 days I have found myself in the bathroom dry heaving during the 11 'o' clock hour. Also, the constipation started this weekend, my tip to cure constipation?? Eat something that normally upsets your stomach and has you in the bathroom (for me this is read as something greasy, such as Steak 'n' Shake). It turns out it still sends you to the bathroom even when pregnant, I am hoping this continues to work or that the constipation goes away.

March 28th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Dude, I feel you...literally. No no thats gross. But seriously lol. I haven't dry heaved for a couple days *knock on wood* but I have felt nauseous on and off. The fatigue is whats hit me hardest this week. I have to really try to motivate myself to even do the dishes. Today I was all ambitious I'm going to get laundry done and X,Y,Z. Psch...I havent moved from the couch since I went grocery shopping and ate lunch. I'll get there....later.

Feel better soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search