Hannah's First Bump

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Hi ladies. I'm Hannah (23) and my DH is Jason (26). We've been married a year now and are expecting our first sticky bean Nov. 18th but...we aren't really sure yet. It's too early to tell.

We made the decision to start trying at the end of Nov., I took my BC out in Dec. and we found out we were pregnant March 12th. We're so blessed it only took us 2-3 cycles to get our BFP. But that doesn't mean we're out of the dark yet. While my tests continue to get darker it is my understanding your not out of the "safe zone" until week 14. Either way, we're thrilled and taking it day by day.

Since this is all new to me, I decided to pick up the "What to expect when your expecting" book and dive right in. I've asked my SIL questions and in confidence asked many of you. I'm hoping through all these resources that I'll have somewhat of an idea of what to expect throughout each trimester.

DH and I are still debating on when to tell our families. I keep saying I would prefer to talk to my OB first and he thinks that itd be silly to wait till week 14 until we're no longer safe. I agree. I just think 5-6 weeks is a little early. Then again, whether I miscarried or not I'd want them to be involved. Thoughts?

Anyway, that's all I've got for now. The last couple days I've just been experiencing BBS tingles, frequent urination, and lower abd. pressure/twinges. Nothing too exciting.

Until next time...

Last edited by Hopolka; July 30th, 2012 at 08:52 AM.
March 15th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Update:

Well, yesterday my doc (JPK) was supposed to send the referral over to the OB clinic for me to get approved and set up an appointment. I called his office this afternoon and apparently RDA (Ob doc.) is out of the office today so he won't be able to approve my referral till tomorrow. But! The good news is...I have tomorrow off so I'm FREE alllll day to see him. I'm hoping he does an initial meeting with me just to answer some of my questions and get some history or at least put my mind at ease about how far along I really am. I still think by my charting stats I'm only 3 weeks 5 days. A few of you agree with me. My family doctor thinks I'm further along than that. Oh well.

However, I am getting pretty positive HPT though for being 2 days shy of 4 weeks which is when its only supposed to just start showing up right?! Tomorrow is my estimated AF date (according to when I O'd) so if she doesn't show tomorrow I think were in good shape to tell the family in a few weeks . I posted an announcement idea I've had so far. I think I need to do some more brainstorming. This will be my parents first grandchild and my MIL's second so I want to make it special. Well, third if you count my SIL being PG too! We're thinking April fools might be a good day to announce ours together. Not sure yet though.

Anyway, today I'm feeling particularly drained, washed over, tired, or whatever term you want to call it. In addition, I've continued to experience these almost dull aches/twinges in my lower abdomen. I've heard that's relatively normal but what a cool feeling! It's still an occasional annoyance but definitely nothing like I've experienced in my prior cycles so I definitely think this is it! I still can't believe I've got something growing inside of me. Its surreal. I'm still in disbelief. I did tell a couple close friends about it, they are super excited and can't wait to go maternity shopping with me.

I've also noticed I've lost four pounds in a few days. Wonder if that's cause I got this little thing sucking all my nutrients. Lol just kidding. But seriously. Here I've been trying to lose weight for a few months and all the sudden its happening when I get PG. WTH?! (Excuse my language).

Furthermore, I have to work this evening and i haven't even taken a nap yet! I'm going to be pooped! The energy comes in waves and it definitely hasn't helped me clean today :/ Oh well...it will come.

Until next time...
March 16th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Update:

Today I'm 3wks 6days and I am finally starting to feel like I can stop taking HPT and just relax. Though I still haven't heard from my OB, I'll be hopeful he just had a busy end to his week and I'll hear from him next week (Otherwise Ill be calling...)! In addition, I took another digi and IC with SMU. The digi finally gave me the "Pregnant" reading I've been waiting for *sigh* and here is a progression pic from 11,12,13 DPO.

The lines are totally getting darker but I'm hoping to see the test line get darker than the control by the middle of next week. I am very pleased to see them not fade though! But, we're still not out of the dark so until I see an ultrasound and talk to my physician I'll continue to be cautious.

In the meantime, we're planning on telling my parents the big news next weekend! I'm so nervous, yet so excited they'll be in the loop to help out and be supportive. Then, I think the following weekend we're going to tell Jasons side of the family. My SIL was thinking April Fools day but I don't think we can wait that long! I would prefer to talk to my doctor first before either so hopefully he'll fit me in this upcoming week.

Symptom wise:
-tired (throughout the day on and off)
-hungry (not starving but definitely feel the "hunger" feeling more frequently)
-eating smaller meals more often
-restless sleep (getting comfortable issues)
-lower abd pressure/twinges
-flushed cheeks (the "glow")
-tearful (emotional basketvcase at times)
-constipated (occasional)
-gassy

Thats pretty much it. The gassiness has died down but the other I've noticed more in the last couple days than in the beginning. I'm sure they will only progress from here. Luckily, my morning sickness so far only consists of feeling slightly nauseous and finding relief in food. These pretzel snacks and v8 juice have become my best friend!

Until next time...thanks for listening!
March 18th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you got to talk to your OB!

Being pregnant does increase your metabolism, so you could just be reaping the benefits of that!

March 18th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Update:

Today marks 5 weeks and apparently the start of my dark tests! Look at this baby (no pun intended) lol

Makes me feel SOooooo much better. *sigh* I still haven't forgotten its early though. But I'm truly hopeful and blessed. Continuing to pray this is the one!

Thats all I've got for now. Sorry its not very exciting.

Until next time..
March 19th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Update:

Hellooooo dark test! DH and I DTD last night and it kind of made me nervous. We were careful of course but both hadn't done anything since around O time.

Paranoid, this morning I took a test praying it would still be dark and in fact it was darker than I anticipated. Sweet!

Anyway, this morning I'm not feeling too bad. Still tired on and off. Bloated, and my BBS have become more tender. In fact, i switched to a sports bra this morning because my regular bra was rubbing my nipples too much :S.

Additionally, Dh and I thought it would be cool to do a size progression with displayed fruit and or nuts to show how big baby is. I posted that in my bump journal. Today I'm 5 wks 1 day and baby is the size of an apple seed. Hard to believe that little thing can cause so much M/S and grief. lol

In other news, my SIL and I are planning on taking our conjoined bump pics on Wednesday to present to our families over the weekend. I'm thrilled but also very nervous. I hope my family takes it alright. They are believers that we should of probably waited. But I hope they are happy . And I hope my little boy or girl doesn't let grandma down and sticks around for a while (Aka. doesn't make an early exit). I'm also still waiting back on a phonecall from my OB. No prenatal appt made for this girl yet. Kind of getting discouraged that they might not call . FX FX

Until next time...
March 19th, 2012, 05:09 PM
They'll be so excited I'm sure! I think it's great you get to announce with your SIL! Off to go check out your fruitful pic!

March 20th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Update:

Well, I took my last HPT today.
I think it was time. This is the best test I've had so far and I think I want to leave it on that note. Since I'll be seeing the doctor next Tuesday, I want to rely on the fact that he'll reassure me everything is okay instead of using the PG tests as my "comfort blanket."

Additionally, I've been working on the announcement card for my parents and as the weekend is approaching I'm becoming more and more nervous. I'm just praying and hoping this little peanut stays so nobody is disappointed. So far so good. Especially with a test like that and some of my symptoms but still....the thought is always in the back of my mind .

Anddd in other good news! My SIL and I are doing the cousin photo shoot tomorrow morning for our announcement with DH's side the weekend of the 31st! I wish we could get all the news out at once but unfortunately, thats not how it works :/. Well, at least its not as convenient that way. DH comes from a large family so its hard to get them all together. I think a few are suspicious, but they'll NEVER expect both of us to be PG!!

Thats pretty much it for now. Symptom update:

-occasional nausea
-tender, swollen, and tingly breasts (biggest change so far)
-bloating in lower abdomen
-sporadic fatigue
-increased hunger
-erratic pelvis twinges
-bloating
-lower backache occasionally

The M/S hasn't really hit yet. When it does, its usually just a few hours of occasional nausea and eating usually helps subside that. Haven't felt real light-headed or dizzy either (knock on wood). Then again, they say M/S doesn't his sometimes until 6-8 weeks. Guess I'll be anticipating it then...

Until next time..
March 20th, 2012, 06:47 PM
I love your new siggie! You're plan fir your announcement is CUTE! Can't wait to see the one you're doing with your SIL!

March 21st, 2012, 12:56 PM
Update: 5 weeks 3 days

Well, today has been interesting. Last night I worked a 12 hr shift at the hospital babysitting some geriatric psych people that didn't deserve to be in the ICU. They were nuts! I feel bad saying that, but pregnancy hormones and old men who don't stay in bed and threaten to punch you in the face, don't mix! Don't worry, I didn't get punched or kicked. I made sure to distance myself.

Anyway, after that hectic night i buzzed up to Ames to meet up with my SIL for our photo shoot. It.WAS.A.BLAST.!!!! We got some AMAZING photos out of it and I can't wait to see what she does with editing, etc. She had mentioned since our family loves watching movies that we make our photo shoot into a slideshow and surprise them. I think its brilliant! We'll see how it comes together in a week...eeee

In the meantime, I finished up the announcement cards for my parents and should have them in envelopes by tomorrow . Only 2 days left until the big announcement!! I can't wait to share our excitement but I'm also nervous for some reason. Maybe its an excited nervous? Anyone else feel that way?

Also, holy boobs!!!!!!! They are SO sore! In fact, they hurt so bad last night I had to wear a sports bra to work . They're like firm, sore, and my nipples have changed colors. I guess all good signs right?! Just couldn't believe that just in a few days the changes they've gone through. In addition, my bloated has increased some. You can totally tell in the photos I took with my SIL. While we both may be sticking out a little part of thats fat too. I can't wait to upload some of the pics to share with you guys!!!

Alright, I've been up since yesterday morning with no nap yet. Time to catch some ZZZZZ's for this baby.

Ciao ladies...
March 22nd, 2012, 12:11 PM
Update: 5 weeks 4 days

Well, after I woke up from my nap last night before bedtime I felt super sick.... totally dry heaved a few times over the toilet. Not cool. I'm assuming that was my first glimpse at true morning sickness, not this occasional nausea stuff I've been having. Either way, it was not pleasant. But I know its good for the baby so I guess I'll tolerate it the best I can.

DH brought me some oles from Taco Johns, I know real healthy. But the grease seemed to calm my stomach. Then I was able to stomach other foods. Silly baby, grease isn't healthy for you. Tsk tsk. I definitely made sure when I woke up this morning that I had something to eat and drink right away so I didn't feel sick again. I've been doing well so far. Now i'm just ready for a nap when I need to finish cleaning .

I also took another HPT I know, I know. I said I was done but I was too curious with how sick I felt last night to know how strong the line was going to be.

SMU

Yup, as I suspected. Now I think I'm done, no I know I'm done. My first prenatal appt is in 4-5 days so I'll be reassured with some BW...hopefully. I am a little nervous about getting examined/pap smear because I've heard that it can make you bleed afterwards but I guess if I voice these concerns with him maybe he wont do it... maybe..

Finally, Jason and I are leaving for Illinois tomorrow to share the big news with my family!! I'm super excited but also still slightly nervous. I think its made me more stressed than anything . I just want it to be over with. Soon enough. I'll let you guys know how it goes!

Until then...
March 24th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I can't wait to hear about how it goes with announcing to your family!!!

I had to get a pap at my first prenatal appt with this pregnancy and got lucky with no spotting afterward. Hopefully you'll be lucky, too!

March 25th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Update:

Well, DH and I just arrived back home from a long and exhausting weekend at my parents. We finally spilled the beans and it went over very well. My mom was tearful, dad in disbelief, and brother speechless. I'll wait to tell my grandparents when we tell DH's family next weekend. My grandmothers are new to FB and I could totally see them slipping up on accident.

There were a lot of little things that were said by my family once we told them and it was just exciting to finally be able to talk about whats been going on and what I've been thinking about, etc. My mom is thrilled to be a grandma and can't wait to go shopping for things. I can't wait either but I want to at least wait until I have my first prenatal appointment to make sure everything is on track before I go nuts! Know what I mean?!

So Tuesday I'll be going in for my appt and hopefully getting BW and other things done. I'll KUP and I'm crossing my fingers for good results.

Recently, the M/S has been hitting harder but less frequently. So instead of feeling nauseous allll day long, it'll be for a couple hours in the morning and in the evening. So far, no vomiting, just dry heaving with lots of saliva. It seems ginger ale and greasy food is my only remedy.

Still no food cravings, more like aversions. Things just don't "sound" good to eat. I've been trying to stay hydrated but I'm getting sick of drinking water. I think I'll get some flavored iced teas at walmart sometime this week. I dont know. Something different, ya know?!

Well, thats all I've got for now. The weather has been beautiful and I've been trying to enjoy a walk a day. Since the M/S has hit I've been turning in earlier for bed. I think it makes a difference in my energy throughout the day.

Until next time....
March 25th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Glad it went so well with your family (as if it could go any other way). I am still waiting to see the cousin pics you did with your SIL!

March 26th, 2012, 07:46 AM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hannah so glad everthing went over so well! Sorry the morning/night sickness found you, hopefully it won't get too bad!

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

March 26th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Update:

6 weeks 1 day

Well. Today has been fairly uneventful. DH and I were exhausted from traveling back so we laid low last night and watched tv/movies. However, I didn't realize I was working @ 6am instead of 6pm until we were up wayyy too late already. So, needless to say, I was tired on top of being tired.

Additionally, I felt a little nauseous while trying to get ready this morning so that didn't help. But, a glass of orange juice and something light to eat helped until I was able to actually eat breakfast at work. I totally felt like I had at least 10 small meals today though. Hunger has probably been the biggest thing closest to the recent onset of nausea and enlarged breasts as far as symptoms go. The "pressure" I was feeling early on isn't as present now and I'm not sure if thats just cause I'm used to feeling bloated already or what. But I've definitely noticed I cannot eat as much anymore and if I try to gorge myself like I normally would it makes me feel even more sick/full. Thus, the 8-10 smaller snack-like meals. I haven't noticed any weight gain though so I guess that means thats a good thing?

Tomorrow will be a small milestone in my eyes as I experience my first prenatal visit. I've heard mixed reviews about them. Some women have said that they go really quick and the doc seems to rush through with urine and BW. Others have had great experiences with plenty of time for question/answers. I'm not sure what to expect. I know I'm going in early to fill out paperwork and such around noon but I don't know what to expect test wise. I'm hoping he at least attempts a transvaginal so that maybe I can at least see something to put my mind at ease. Only thing that sucks is that DH works until 3:30 so he'll be missing the appointment entirely. Guess I'll have to be all emotional and nervous by myself :/. Wish me luck!

In the meantime, I'm going to get some early rest and read my "What to Expect" book. Good night ladies, sweet dreams ....
March 27th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Update:

6 weeks 2 days

Just got back from my first prenatal appointment with my OB. Here are the series of events that occurred:

-paperwork
-Q/A about history
-vital signs
-confirmation of PG through other offices urine test
-EDD based off LMP
-scheduling of next exam (May 15th)

Needless to say, it was a pretty lame appointment. While I was ecstatic to be getting some answers from someone whose delivered hundreds and hundreds of babies I was bummed to hear I wouldn't see my peanut or hear his/her HB until May. However, he reassured me that there was no need for these early tests because I did not have a family history of complications and I was extremely healthy. I suppose thats reassuring but the next 6-7 weeks are going to be tortuous.

In addition, I also questioned about my ovulation time, wondering if i'd ovulated later. He said that since my cycles normally range between 28-30 days and thats normal for me that we'd just leave the EDD where it is. Even if it was off by a day or two we wouldn't be able to determine this until the first U/S. So what will happen at my next appointment in 7 weeks?:

-history paperwork
-pee in a cup
-BW
-doppler
-U/S
-full pelvic exam
-scheduling of next appointment

All very exciting things. I just hope my little babe stays healthy until then. My OB did reassure me that if I was having any bleeding or difficulties to contact the office and they can always do BW or an exam. But ONLY if I'm having problems. And of course if I have general questions I can call too, but they try to avoid early BW and U/S until they know for sure the risk of M/C has been reduced. Makes sense.

So until then...I'll watch my belly grow and hopefully fight off some of the M/S thats creeping up.

Toodles
March 27th, 2012, 01:48 PM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bummer that you didn't get to see the little peanut, but on the brightside seeing the little one that far along will be really neat!
Hopolka likes this.

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

March 30th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Update:

6 weeks 5 days

*Note some of this is a double post from a post I made earlier.

Well, this is it! We're finally telling the last of our immediate family this weekend and then it'll be FB public! Tomorrow afternoon/evening my SIL is planning on playing a slideshow video (with music) of our "cousin photo shoot." I cannot wait to see everyones reactions to find out that both of us are PG. I'm most certain that my MIL will bawl her eyes out and everyone else will just be in disbelief.

Unfortunately, my BIL and soon-to-be SIL cannot make it due to work and other activities (watching Hunger Games) so we'll have to either skype them or send them the video link. My BIL was being stubborn about coming (I think he suspected something was up) so he was refusing until someone told him what was going on. Whatever, his loss. Is it bad I have that attitude? I just think since the family is expanding so much, since Dh's family is close to 12/13 people now, when someone asks you to come to town to hang out or do something spontaneous you take the opportunity if you can. It's usually a hint somethings up. Mind you, he lives 45 min away. Unlike my family, that lives 2.5 hrs away.

Anyway, so that'll be exciting. I also wrote a note for my boss when she gets to work later this week notifying her that were pregnant too. I hadn't realized she'd be on vacation for two weeks and I wont be at work when she finds out. I feel bad, I'd rather tell her in person but I typed up a professional sounding note (since i work in a hospital) so I hope that will suffice.

In other news, it'll be 86 degrees this weekend here in Iowa! Perfect grilling weather. I hope we get to take my nephew to the park...he'll be 19 months! Wow! Time flies...he's turning into such a little man. It's so cute how he says my name now too..."Han--nah!" (accentuation the nah part). Silly kids...

Okay okay onto whats going on with me today...

Well, first, I feel pretty good today! I felt slightly nauseous this morning but I think that partly had to do with working a night shift last night and just being exhausted. Luckily, I made it home in enough time to have a bowl of honey nut shredded wheat and snooze. This afternoon, I made myself a fruit smoothie (which I was SUPER excited to drink) that when I turned around to zip the frozen fruit, I knocked off the counter. I didn't even want to make another... Stupid clumsy Hannah. Arghh.

I will say, the nausea has kind of kicked my butt this week. Its been on and off and has no warning signs. I've dry heaved several times but never actually puked just lots of saliva. It's like, I'd rather just puke and feel better but instead I have this "ick" feeling on and off all day. It shows its face at 6:20am, 12:30pm, and 4:30pm...I'm thinking because thats all before meal times and maybe baby is just hungry? I dont know. Thats a whole other issue...my weight. Before TTC I was fairly average, maybe a little overweight...after we started trying and have been married a while I'm sure I've put on 5-10 pounds. I carry it well, I'm just totally not looking forward to gaining another 20 I also don't want it to interfere with the health of baby, though I've read if its gained steady it wont be an issue. I just don't want my face to get all fat and my thighs to be monster size! Mind you, I've always had stocky muscular legs...but still.

Another symptom that has reared its head has been breast enlargement and tenderness. Holy cow!!! Hello boobies, where did you come from? It seriously looks like I got breast implants...okay, not that extreme but still. They just like appeared over night. And they aren't in excruciating pain just super tender and tingly.

Well, sorry for the long post. Thanks to those that take the time to read through. Really today has been uneventful other than I'm getting anxious to tell the family tomorrow and be done with all the sneaking around and hiding my bloat. And besides the nausea and tender BBS nothing else.

Until next time...

P.s. Almost 6 weeks till we see our "peanut"

Last edited by Hopolka; March 30th, 2012 at 12:20 PM.
April 1st, 2012, 04:23 PM
How did it go telling your husband's family? I love the video!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search