Hunters birth story 2/20/2012 long!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Heder4789

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Heder4789's Avatar Mommy to 2, 1 on the way!
Alrighty, so here's how Hunter entered our world!

It was feb 19th and my dh and dd were super sick with the stomach flu. And I mean they had it bad. Luckily I didn't get it that day, but I woke up on the 20th with some strange cramps, and that pukey feeling. I didn't think the cramps were contractions, just thought I was getting the lovely flu. so I layed in bed for most of the morning, and got up to pee, and before I could get to the toilet, my water broke. This was at about 11am. Not a huge gush, just a small one, and infact I thought I just peed my pants. Well after about a minute I had another gush, and this time it was bigger. I hollered to dh and of course he freaks out. He starts grabbing random stuff to take to the hospital. Umbrellas, the dog leash..lol weirdo! Anyways, we get a small bag packed for myself and Hunter, cuz we weren't sure if he would have a NICU stay or not, and head to the hospital. Luckily we had a friend meet us there to watch dd.

Once we get to the hospital, ofcourse I'm still gushing fluids, and walking down the hall trying not to leak on the floor. Lol LOVELY right?!? Contractions still weren't terrible yet. Just kinda crampy still. anyways we get to triage, they hook me up to the monitors, and contractions are about 5 minutes apart and are getting increasingly more painful just in a matter of minutes. The doc comes and examines me, he says, "well ur bag of water definitely broke and it looks like we'll be having a baby today"..I say yep, I could have told you that. they get me admitted at 130ish and into my HUGE room, it was HUGE HUGE..and start asking all the questions, doing the paperwork, and finally get that over with. In comes anesthesia to do their spill of questions and info, cuz I ofcourse wanted an epidural. Finally everybody leaves and it's just me and dh, and my contractions get worse and worse and worse, and in what felt like 20 minutes but was more like 3 hours I am checked and am at a 6 and begging for an epidural. I get the epidural and when they turn me back around to lay down, my contractions get super strong (epi hasn't kicked in yet) and I am screaming that my body is pushing this baby out! The nurse checked and his head was almost out!!! She had to hold him in until the doc could finally get there. Once the doc came and is suited up, I just let loose, and that ring of fire is AWESOME and out FELL Hunter. Lol I pushed one time, and he was here. 535 pm my beautiful baby boy was born. And just 2 days after my bday the dang epidural neve had a chance to kick in before he was here, so technically I had a natural labor. (or atleast that's what I'm telling myself)

They let me hold him for about 2 minutes and then whisked him away to the NICU. Breathing didn't go so well for a while. Had him on the cpap, that didn't do great, so they finally decided to intubate him. Gave him 3 doses of the meds for his lungs, and after about 4 days of intubation they extubated him. He was then on the nasal cannula for 3-4 days and finally off it all!! Yay Hunter!! once we got him switched to the open crib, and got feeding established we were good to go. Just had to wait for a 5 day count down to make sure he didn't have anymore apnea spells. Then came the circ and we were HOME FREE!! bringing our little man home was one of the best days of our lives. Dd is over the moon to have a baby brother, and is such a huge help! breast feeding is still kinda challenging. Some days he latches on like a pro, but other days he just seems lazy. lol typical man right? so on those days we give him Neosure. The most disgusting smelling formula EVER! Anyways, we are home safe and sound now!

We appreciate all your thoughts and prayers! Your all amazing!! :-)
Nebula likes this.

March 17th, 2012, 09:30 PM
cavewoman's Avatar #2 due in June!
lol @ DH trying to pack the dog leash.. I could sooo picture mine doing something like that! haha

March 18th, 2012, 07:52 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Super fast labor!!! What a great birth story. He's a cutie pie!!

=May '05 and '11

March 18th, 2012, 08:45 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Beautiful birth story! I'm glad he's doing so well! The twins are on Neosure too, and you're right, it's gross.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

March 18th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Veteran
Great story! He's a cutie!!!
March 19th, 2012, 07:33 AM
JenJen3574's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing your story - you have a beautiful little man there.
Once a decade, right?

March 19th, 2012, 10:00 AM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
lmao. I laughed about the dog leash part too!!

Thanks for sharing! What a great story!!! SO glad he's doing so well now!!!

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
March 22nd, 2012, 06:50 PM
Super Mommy
What an amazing story! Congrats on your handsome little man

Joshua - 11/02/05
Matthew - 2/17/12 - Born at 33 weeks 5 days

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search