Baby Harvey #2

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm Sarah, DH is Garry. We are both 29. We have one DS Garry 3rd who is 14mo. Which means our LO's will be 23mo apart just like DH and his brother and sister (twins). I really think it would be cool to have twins this time so it can be like when he was growing up. Plus DH says this will be our last pregnancy, since we have some trouble conceiving. DS took us 3yrs and 1MC, so we were very thankful that this one only took 6 cycles of actively TTC. No real symptoms yet just actually feeling hungry when I should eat, slightly sensitive BB's, and very little nausea all thru the day. I also think that like big brother this LO doesn't like me to eat sweets. I got a blizzard today at Dairy Queen and it did not sit well at all.

March 20th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I'm sick. Not the good MS kind of sick either. I'm actually SICK. Not sure if it's a cold or just allergies from the very early spring weather we've had here. Started feeling bad last night and did not sleep well at all. Then today I felt awful, and since baby is still making me very tired all the time I had to fight to stay awake at work today. Thankfully DH had baby Garry asleep on the couch when I got home so I got about an hr nap myself. Which was wonderful.

Last night we caved and decided to go ahead and tell our parents. I was hoping to get past my first Dr appt and then wait til after my 7wk loss point from my 1st pregnancy to tell everyone else. But if another MC was to be in my future I would want our parents to know anyway. So we told DH's parents last night. We told my parents first with baby Garry so it was his family's turn to go first. We were out running errands and picked DS up a shirt that said "Big Bro". We put it on him in the parking lot and stopped by Dh's parents on the way home. It was so funny. They were so excited to play with DS since they hadn't seen him in two weeks that they didn't even look at his shirt. Finally after about 15mins we had to ask them if they liked DS's new shirt. They kinda glanced at it and said "That's cute". We then had to laugh and ask what they thought about what it said. They finally looked good at it but it still took a few mins for the message to sink in. The look on their faces was great when they finally understood.

Tomorrow I am going to put DS back in his new shirt when I take him to my parents. My mom watches him for me Wed, Thurs, and Fri while I work. I think my dad may notice, but my mom I don't think will even think to look at it. She kinda lives in her own little perfect bubble world, which is great, but it's hard to get her to focus on details. We'll just have to see. But I do think my mom kinda suspects something because I did alot of baby talk this weekend, and she was with me when I bought maternity clothes for "Just in case".

March 21st, 2012, 02:10 PM
-Brandy-'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love that it took Dh's parents a while to figure it out- that is so awesome! I can't wait to hear about telling your parents!

Sorry you aren't feeling well, hope you get some rest and start feeling better really soon!

A BIG thank you to Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!

March 21st, 2012, 06:59 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
Hope your sickness subsides. Unfortunately, it'll probably only be in time for M/S to replace it .

Glad you told your family and I think its super cute they totally didn't notice. Had I not blatantly made this card I bet my parents would just think I looked a little fat haha.

KUP on how you're feeling lady..
March 21st, 2012, 07:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can finally breath today. I woke up feeling so much better, however since I was still feeling less than myself and the baby is making me so tired I did have a cup of coffee this morning. I'm trying to cut back on coffee, but I won't beat myself up for having a small amount.

I told my parents today. I put DS back in his "Big Bro"shirt and took him to my mom's for today. She had him in the kitchen feeding him strawberries for breakfast. She told him she liked his shirt, but didn't say anything else about it. So I said "Well Toots said she liked your shirt, but momma doesn't think she looked at it very hard." My mom said she did too look at it. She said that it says Big Bro. Then she looked at me and smiled and said "Are you pregnant?'. When I said I was she jumped up and down squealing, and gave me a hug. She said she was suspicious this weekend, but since I've been buying DS clothes at consignment sales so was afraid that was just one of the shirts I had gotten in a bag of stuff and didn't want to hurt my feelings by asking just for me to have to say no. We had to take DS in the living room to see my dad and when my mom asked what he thought of DS's new shirt he just got a great big grin on his face. I also told my sister when she dropped my nephew off, but she never has an off the wall reaction to anything so all she said was congrats. But I know she's happy for me.

So now DH's parents, my parents and my sister know. The only close family that doesn't know is DH's brother and sister. We don't see them that often so they may find out when everyone else does after my Dr appt.

Today's symptoms were nausea off and on all day, but not enough to make me sick. I'm having a slight aversion to dairy, but I'm a little lactose intolerant anyway so that doesn't surprise me too much. With DS though I craved cheese from the start. Today I want chicken and dressing, but I don't have enough milk to make the cornbread. I guess it will have to wait till tomorrow. Also the fatigue is still really bad. All I had at work for lunch was cheese and crackers, and since I didn't think I could stomach the cheese I went out to my car and took a 30min nap instead. And that did me a world of good. I may have to do that more often and just have a sandwich at my desk.

March 24th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds like a good idea to try to nap in the car at work. I may try that! Let's hope your morning sickness stays at just nausea!

March 24th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
5 Weeks Today

Still having short spurts of slight nausea, but not bad at all. I do better if I drink plenty of water. I finally got my chicken and dressing made on Thurs. night, but didn't get it cooled enough to go in the fridge until midnight. Then on Fri. morning some how when my alarm went off I woke up, got on facebook on my phone, then I guess I turned the alarm off and went back to sleep. DH came into the room at 6:30am asking what time I needed to get up. I actually have to leave my house at 6:30am to have time to drop DS off at my mom's before work. So as I was flying around getting as ready as I could DH got DS ready and into the car. I called my mom on the way to her house so she could meet me at my van with some toast and get DS out for me so I didn't have get out at all. And I actually made it to work a few mins. early.

This weekend I went to one of the biannual consignment sales at one of the private schools here in town. It was great. I got DS a wooden toddler bed for $25. Now when this baby gets here we can put DS in his big boy bed, and we won't need a new crib for the baby. I also got some great deals on maternity clothes. Didn't spend more than $3 on any of them except for a pair of jeans and a swimsuit. I got both of those for $5 each. I also got DS some tee shirts and a new pair of brown church shoes. Can you tell I love consignment sales. Garage sales are also an obsession of mine during the summer.

Then today DS got his first haircut. It was a much better experience than I thought it would be. My hair dresser is amazing and treated DS so good. She let him play with her combs to keep him happy. I think we went thru like 15 combs during that one hair cut. She also let him touch her clippers after she turned them on so he would get used to them and not be scared. He did a perfect job sitting pretty still and letting her do what ever she needed to do. He never cried or pulled away even once.

March 28th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
BLAH, I just feel BLAH. I have no energy. I'm tired all the time, yet I can't make myself get up and go to bed. I've messed up my alarm clock twice in the past two weeks (this morning being one of those times) and end up waking up less than 30 mins before I have to leave for work. I work for oncology drs. So my little cancer pts have it so much worse off than I do, and I still find myself getting so worked up and aggravated over the little things that don't usually make me upset in the least. I have to try my hardest not to take it out on my pts because what they need from me is a smile and to know that someone cares and is there to help them with whatever they need even if it is just helping them find the bathroom that has been in the same place for the year and a half that they have been coming to see us. Even if they come 3 times a week. Chemo really does a number on your short term memory. Anyway to get off that. I've also been nauseous all afternoon for the past few days. I haven't gotten sick, but really almost wish I could so I would feel better. And I'm craving Cheez-it's.

March 30th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had my first Dr appt today. Boy what a relief it is to actually hear the Dr say that the test was +. I mean I knew it was +, I took like 20 tests, but to hear him say it and see the test results printed out on the clinic paper was a wonderful feeling. The visit was fairly routine. I was going in for my yearly pap, but at my last visit I was told that if I got PG before I had to come in they would do my eval. at the same time. So while the nurse was weighing me I asked if I could pee in a cup. I had been trying to hold it all afternoon and when she handed me that cup I all of a sudden didn't need to go anymore. Thankfully when I got to the bathroom the urge came back. Then all the normal physical stuff was done, and before I left the Dr gave me the pregnancy info that they give to the new pt's. It had all the OB's names, things to do and avoid, and a list of clinic approved OTC meds for pregnancy. I go back on April 27th for my first real OB check. I will see then Pt Rep to set up a payment plan, then the Nurse Practitioner to go over family history, BW will be done after that and then I will see the clinic on call OB. Needless to say they schedule that appt to be 3hrs long, but with DS it only took like 2hrs.

April 1st, 2012, 05:24 PM
Glad it went well!

April 5th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Life has been so busy lately. Nothing really out of the ordinary until yesterday since life is always busy. Yesterday my parents took possession of the house next door to them. So now we get to start renovations to get it ready to be virtually 2 houses in one for my grandparents. It won't be so much a duplex as a house with an attached mother-in-law suite. My mom's parents will have the main house and my dad's mom will have the apartment. We will have to add a laundry in the main house and rearrange the the bathroom and laundry that is already in the apartment so that there will be access to all rooms without having to go thru the main house.

As for my tiny one, this itty bitty baby is totally kicking my butt. If it's not the fatigue, it's the nausea. I still haven't gotten sick, but with the way I feel I really wish I could. Today I skipped lunch so I could go take a nap in my car. I think that was the best idea I could have made today, and I think I may keep doing the same for lunch for a while if the nausea won't go away.

April 6th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
That sounds pretty neat about the house renovations. The nausea, not so much. Sorry you're feeling so crummy. I finally resorted to buying some seabands for nausea relief. They've really helped the past couple days it seems. I certainly still feel a wave of nausea occasionally but I'm not throwing up anymore! Have you tried looking into those or meds? GL lady!
April 8th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Sorry the nausea is kicking your butt. I'm feeling the same way.

April 10th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow. I really haven't updated here in awhile. I passed my loss point from the first pregnancy sometime over the weekend. I don't know exactly how far along I was with the first but it had to have been right at the 7wk mark. I found out at 6wks on a Monday and started bleeding on that Fri. It took a week to fully MC. But at least I've made it past the time when the bleeding started. Ever since the weekend ended I have felt much better and really haven't had any fears anymore. I don' t care what anyone else may say. Having a healthy baby in between a MC and new pregnancy doesn't make it any less scary.

My nausea is still sticking around, but does seem to have gotten better since I switched to gummy prenatal vitamins. I kinda think trying to digest the solid pill was hard on my stomach.

I'm outgrowing all my clothes, but the maternity pants from DS are too big so I guess I'm going to have to go buy some smaller maternity clothes. I won't get many but I do need a few pairs for work. I'm also buying some maxi dresses since they have room to stretch and are comfortable. Sadly I see myself growing fast this time around. I've already gained 4lbs. I was on a strict low carb diet before pregnancy, and now all I can keep down are bland carbs and sweets. I'm really looking forward to the end of the 1st trimester so that maybe I can start to eat healthier again.

April 11th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I found out today that I totally can't take grilled chicken right now. Someone at work down the hall and behind closed doors heated some up in the microwave for lunch. I could smell it all the way at my desk and it sent me running to the bathroom. Thankfully nothing came up. I really don't want to actually get sick even if I feel sick all day.

Today has also been a day for raging hormones. I got mad at DH this morning. He had borrowed the cup I use when I take smoothies to work for breakfast back on Sat. He carpools and left the cup in the other guy's truck. Then ended up needing me to come pick him up early since he was sick. So since I didn't know that he had borrowed it I spent 20mins looking for it after I made my smoothie this morning. He wouldn't even fully wake up to let me know where it was. And since I spent so much time looking for it I was almost late for work and my smoothie was melted by the time I got there since I didn't have the right cup. Needless to say I was in a less than good mood, and my first 5 pt's wanted to do nothing but argue with me about their appt's. The day got better, but when I went to pick up DS from my mom's it got worse again. My grandmother called and she is back in the hospital. She knew she had a blood clot in her leg and was supposed to stay off her feet. But she insisted on going shoe shopping and then eating out almost every day this week. So now she has a fever and is in the hospital and really she did it to herself. Since she lives out of state if things get worse my mom will have to go help out and I'll be left high and dry with no child care. I was fuming when I found out about this. I hate that she's in the hospital, but knowing that she did this by ignoring the Dr advice again makes me think about how selfish she is. This is a habit of her's. She won't listen to the Dr. and ends up hurting herself. My mom goes to help, and I end up loosing time at work and that means my check is smaller which puts DH and I in a bind. My grandmother knows this but keeps doing the same thing and then says that she knew she was overdoing it but she did it anyway. So there's my rant for today. FX my mom won't have to go this time and that she is out of the hospital in the next day or so.

April 17th, 2012, 08:30 AM
What a crummy day! I hope it's been going better and that your grandmother is ok!

April 20th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
9wks tomorrow. One of the things I hate about finding out so soon is that I feel like the pregnancy is so long. When I had my MC and then ended up pg with DS the month after I didn't find out until almost 8wks but when combined with the MC I felt like I was pg for over a year.

I still haven't gotten MS hardly at all. Just nauseous through out all the day. However my fatigue is still going full force. On top of all that I'm dealing with raging hormones. Every thing these days gets on my nerves. So I really have to spend a lot of time biting my tongue.

Anyway I'm just so glad that it's Friday. If for no reason than that I can chill out on the couch for the rest of the night and not have to think about getting up early in the morning. Yeah right, I'll be up again at 6am because DS is an early riser. But he will let me lay on the couch while he plays in the living room, and I can nap about 9am when he goes down. I love having a baby that sleeps so good. He sleeps all night, takes a 3hr morning nap and if I'm lucky will nap for a couple hrs in the afternoon. I really hope this next baby sleeps just as wonderfully.

April 21st, 2012, 11:30 AM
I'm glad you've passed your loss point and are feeling better, even if it makes the pregnancy feel so long. Part of me wishes I hadn't found out so early, too!

That's wonderful that little Garry still sleeps so well! I hope baby #2 is a good sleeper for you, too! Actually, I hope we all have good sleepers. I think that's every mama's dream!

April 25th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Hopefully, the fatigue will start easing up on you as you get closer to the 2nd tri. I hear you on the raging hormones. I have no patience for anyone at work! Oh, and I feel like I have been pregnant 9 months already! Sometimes, I think it would have been nice to be one of those ladies who "didn't know I was pregnant".

April 27th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I got to see my baby today.

It was a super long day, but well worth it. We started at 8am with DS's first dentist appt. He was wonderful. At 16mo he let them clean every tooth with the spinning tooth brush. He really wanted to just lick the toothpaste out of it. Then he let them use the water sprayer and sucker without fidgeting. After it was all over they told me they wished they had gotten out the video camera to film him for the website since he was so good. They are trying to get videos of the little ones so other parents can see that it is ok to bring in babies as young as 12mo.

Then we went from there to the pediatrician for DS's 15mo shots. We are like a month behind, but I needed to do all these in one day so I figured a month wasn't too bad. DS is still growing right on track. He's in the 76th% for height and weight, and the 97th% for head size. DH has a large head so that is to be expected. The Dr gave me a new kind of lotion to look for for DS's eczema, and said that everything looked great. DS had to get 3 shots. 1 was the third in a round, then the chickenpox, and MMR. We have to watch for fever or a rash for about 2 weeks. They don't really do anything if that happens unless it gets out of control, but we need to be prepared with Tylenol or Benadryl. After this I took DS to my moms for the rest of the afternoon so I could go to my appts.

I had my eye exam today at 12:30. It was just a normal exam and eye dilation. My RX hasn't changed that much so I don't have to get new glasses unless I want them. Which I kinda do. It's been like 3yrs since I got new glasses. Plus the ones I like will only cost me $88 and my insurance will cover the rest.

I saw the acct rep and I think my part will ony be $650 for the clinic stuff and the Dr's delivery fee. But it may go up since I had an ultrasound today. They only factor in 1.

Finally I got to see the NP and OB at 2:00pm. The NP went over family history. The OB did a real short visit just giving an overview of what the pregnancy has been like so far. Then she said that she doesn't like to let anyone leave a checkup without hearing or seeing the heartbeat. Since they think 10wks is to early for the doppler she snuck me in for an ultrasound. It was super short. Maybe only 5mins, but I got to see my baby and hear it's heartbeat. It was 170BPM. I measured exactly 10wks. Which moves my due date back to Nov 24th instead of the 25th. I guess I was right and knew the due date better than the Dr. I don't think he accounted for the leap year thing this year. Then I got my labs and left.

Now I just really have to hope and pray that I can still get my anatomy scan at 20wks. My insurance only pays for 1 unless more are medically necessary. So I hope this one gets coded in a way that leaves the next one as a possibility. Anyway if you made it this far, here's my tiny one.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search