Question about EDD/Labor

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2012, 10:27 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm curious, when did you go into labor with each of your children?

More specifically, if you didn't carry to term with one child, did you carry your others to term or were you overdue?

I had DD right at 37 weeks, no induction, went into labor naturally. So, I have NO idea when to expect this baby! I don't know if I will go early again or will be overdue!

I know there is no way to know, I'm just curious what your experiences were.
nroundtr likes this.

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 19th, 2012, 10:41 AM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
First one week early my water broke all natural.

Second, we were living abroad but came home to have the babe and were staying with my folks an hour from NYC (where our birthing center and MW where) so my MW had me come in the day after I was due and broke my waters to get things going. She worried I would have a baby in the car if we waited.

Third, I honestly don't remember my due date But I THINK I was a couple days overdue when my water broke on its own.

March 19th, 2012, 10:44 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My first I was induced at 40w2d

my second I went into labor on my own at 39w4d - I had been using EPO to help ripen the cervix and my M/W stripped my membranes the day before.

I am hoping for close to the same this time too.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 19th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had DS 4 days before my EDD (7 days before my EDD based on ovulation).

My Ovulation Chart
March 19th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Super Mommy
First DD, I went into labor spontaneously 12 days early. With my second, I was almost 6 cm dilated and not in active labor, so I was induced a couple of days before my due date because the hospital is an hour away and we were worried about getting there in time. (Home birth is way out of my comfort zone!)

A good friend of mine had all three of her girls at 37 weeks. No inductions, that's just when her body is ready. I think it just goes to show that you can't really know- some people are the same every time and some might go two weeks past due with one and premie with the next.
March 19th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With DD I went into labor exactly a week after my due date.

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
March 19th, 2012, 11:27 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With DS my water broke 10 days before his due date. With DD my water broke at 36w1d. I'm hoping this time around to make it to september which would be at least 37.5 weeks along.

March 19th, 2012, 11:36 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i have gone two weeks overdue and been induced and i have gone into labour and given birth at 38 weeks, so you can never tell! my last baby was born one day after her due date

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

March 19th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I wonder about that too. I was induced at 38 weeks because of low fluid but I was already almost 5cm dilated and contracting so I believe I would have gone on my own within the next few days.

I'm prepared for a 38 weeker again but will be ok with a baby going 40 weeks (don't quote me, I may sing a different tune at the end haha)

March 19th, 2012, 12:13 PM
CoolMomof2's Avatar Veteran
My water broke 1 week before my EDD . It was very slow but noticable leakage . I had been walking that whole day with little or no stops in malls . I had real good energy that day just before my water broke . I delivered naturally with 6 hours of labor , just about 24 hours after my water broke .

My Blog www.workingmaa.com
March 19th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
With Kenny I went into premature labour at 34.6 weeks and after 26 hours of trying to stop it PROM happened.

Hopefully this one is textbook enough to stay put until c-section day, a week before my EDD.

March 19th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
I was to be induced on Tuesday morning and woke up Monday morning, stood up and my water broke (Halloween) I laboured all day with lil progress (thankfully it was not painful) and then they still induced me the next morning Nov 1st and had him that night at 10:30pm. I was 38 weeks. I was sooooo scared to be induced but it was only being done for medical reasons. I think i willed myself into labour alone.

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
March 19th, 2012, 03:19 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
With DS1, I was 4 days past EDD when my water broke, labored for 30hrs, and had him by c-section the next day at 5 days past EDD.

DS2 was a schedule c-section 5 days before EDD and I had no immediate signs of labor that I could tell, but when they did the pre-surgery monitoring, I was contracting about every 5-8 minutes, so they said labor probably would've been imminent in the next couple of days anyway.

DS3 was a scheduled section 3 days before his EDD. I had been contracting for regular intervals the entire last month I was pregnant with him, but they'd let up after an hour or so. By the time it was time for the section, I was contracting every 3 minutes before the surgery, so I was considered "in labor" then.

With this one, we are hoping for scheduling 2 days before EDD, but if the pattern continues, it's possible I'll go into labor before that and have my section bumped up a bit. I'm ok with that, but I prefer to wait to schedule the sections as close to my EDD as they'll let me, and if my body decides it's time before that, then so be it.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 19th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
With my first my water broke at 38 weeks labor started right away and lasted 8 hours. With my second my water broke at 39 weeks labor started right away again and lasted 6 hours. With my third my water broke at 33 weeks, and my labor started right away. After 18 hours of labor he was born via emergency c-section. This one I hope to make it to 36 weeks.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

March 19th, 2012, 04:13 PM
JennaBee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD1 I was induced at 36 weeks for IUGR (growth restriction) DD2 I went into PTL at 33 weeks and made it to 35 then was rushed for induction after an amnio because I had kidney failure. My goal is 37 weeks this time

, ,,,,,,
March 19th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
With my first DD I went 2 days early. My water never broke, they had to do that at the hospital. I was at the hospital for about 5 hours before giving birth. I did have an epidural.

With my second DD I also went 2 days early. Again my water did not break on its own. But when I arrived at the hospital I had her within the hour. All natural with no medication

With my third (DS) I was a week overdue. My water didn't break on it's own with him either. I had him almost immediately after arriving at the hospital (it was my 3rd trip there and they kept sending me home). I actually almost gave birth while waiting to get in the delivery room. All natural with no medication

And with my fourth (DD) my water broke at home. I was 2 days overdue with her. I had been admitted for about an hour and a half before giving birth to her. I did have an epidural with her. I was actually disappointed in myself for getting the epidural. I had did it twice without and I know I could have done it again, but I gave in and got the epidural anyway.

This time I am going to try to go all natural again!

March 19th, 2012, 04:27 PM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm curious how this one will go too. With DS I was induced at 38 weeks by the Drs. DD, 39 by mine. I went in with a fever, and since I was GBS positive, they were concerned and went ahead and induced. I hope this time my water just breaks and I go in on my own so I can experience it that way.

March 19th, 2012, 04:35 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Ds#1he was born at 39w3days water broke and labour started right away.

Ds#2 was born at 37w5days water had to be broke by ob I was only at the hospital for barley 2 hours before he was born.
March 19th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DD was born a week before her due date. I'd be ok with a little early with this one,too. Just a week or so, though, nothing crazy!

March 19th, 2012, 07:45 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went into labor on my own at 41 weeks and 1 day so 8 days late. I'm hoping this baby will be closer to 40 weeks or a little sooner because its never fun to wait longer but whenever baby is ready to come i'll deal with it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search