Mel's Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2012, 02:23 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I thought it would be cool to document this pregnancy. I'm Melanie and I'm 26, DF is John (31). This is our first child. John and I started dating last April. We got engaged in Dec. Getting married May 2013. I know it seems fast that we decided in less than a year of dating we wanted to TTC, but when it's right, it's right. We did not TTC long at all, just the one month, that was all it took. In Jan we had an whoopsie and I thought for sure I was pregnant, had all the signs. All the test came back negative. DF and I were both saddened by this, we got used to thought of having a child and were both excited about it. After that we decided we would TTC for one month only, just the one. We wanted to have six months between the birth of our child and the wedding. So, I would have time drop the weight and fit into my dress. If it didn't happen in that one cycle, then we were gonna start to try again after the wedding. I was convinced it didn't happen, there was no way it would happen that quickly and I had no symptoms at all. I started taking test about 5 dpo, just for fun, I knew it was too early. I took one Sunday the 11th, BFN. Then I took one Monday morning and there was clearly a line, I was shocked. I woke DF up and had him look at it, he wasn't convinced (we had an evap the month before, we thought was positive, he didn't want to get his hopes up), even after the 2nd came up positive, he didn't want to believe it. I ran out and bought a Frer and a digital. Both positive, and when he saw the digi he believed it. I have been have crazy emotions, from being really excited, to stressing about wether we are really ready, to thinking if I made the right decision, then back to happiness and excitement. I guess thats normal. lol. That and extreme fatigue and hunger have been my only symptoms. I'm 4 weeks and 5 days today.

March 20th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Almondeyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Almondeyes
That is so exciting. Nothing is normal these days. Just be happy and take each day as it comes.

March 20th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you decided to start a journal!

March 22nd, 2012, 11:40 AM
I could not sleep last night and now I am exhausted and it's hard trying to get through work. Only three hours left. My back aches, I think my bbs have gotten bigger and heavier, which sucks, I'm already a 38 dd. so there seems to be a lot more pull on my upper back. Ugh. Haven't had much ms, some nausea now and then, but not bad. My lower abdomen feels firm and I get very mild cramps occasionally in my lower belly and lower back, I hope that's normal. I am nervous and slightly stressed, I can't wait for the ultrasound, to see baby k and know he/she is fine. I have reason and nothing has happened to make me think anything is wrong. I guess all this is normal on early pregnancy. I'm five weeks today!

March 24th, 2012, 03:13 PM
fancypants27's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats! And totally not too soon - DH and I met end of April 2010, got engaged in July and married Sept 24th. Got pregnant that weeked.

March 24th, 2012, 03:33 PM
glad the morning sickness is easy on you so far!

March 24th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Thanks. I'm glad the ms isn't too bad yet. It will probably hit me in the next few weeks, but my mother never had ms with either of her pregnancies, I hope I take after her. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancypants27 View Post
congrats! And totally not too soon - DH and I met end of April 2010, got engaged in July and married Sept 24th. Got pregnant that weeked.
Really? Awesome. That actually makes me feel a lot better. Thanks.

March 25th, 2012, 07:35 PM
My MS has been trying to hit hard but 25mg of B-6 twice a day will work. I've had to to use 100 @ night and in the morning.
But as you know consult your Dr's.

BABY DUST TOO ALL!!!
March 27th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Well, I am having really bad nausea today. I haven't thrown up, but the nausea is really pretty bad. Also, I tried to put on a pair of jeans that are usually big on me and couldn't get them buttoned. I almost cried lol. I think I may end up buyin maternity clothes earlier than I expected.

April 1st, 2012, 08:08 AM
I've been away for a few days because I've been feeling awful. No energy to even get on the computer or anything. Today is our one year anniversary and I'm hoping I feel well enough to go on our date. Starting Monday night I have had nausea, and it's been getting worse everyday. I have really intense nausea and it makes work very difficult, I dread going to work. No throwing up, I have a fear of throwing up but I wish I could, probably would feel better. It starts around 10 am everyday, gets really bad around noon and then I feel a little better around 6pm then around 9 or 10 pm it'a back. So, I have about three hours in a day where I feel ok enough to eat. During the day I have nothing but ginger ale and crackers. Along with that I have exhaustion. So, my days have been working and then coming home and going to bed. In the middle of the night I had a scare, I had what felt like bad menstrual cramps, it ended up only lasting less than 5 mins and had no bleeding and it hasn't happened again. I guess everything is still fine. Also, my clothes are tighter, and my belly has changed (I think it sounds crazy, my lower belly hasn't really gotten any bigger, but it seems to have shifted. It's more centered and rounder than before). Also, some lower abdomen muscle soreness.

April 1st, 2012, 03:34 PM
Sorry you feel so crummy. Have you tried taking B6? I take 25mg at breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bedtime and it seems to help! Happy Anniversary!!

April 5th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Yesterday I had my first prenatal appointment. The gave me a due date (going by my last period) of Nov 24th putting me at 6 weeks 5 days. I don't think thats right, I'm going to stick with the one I and my family Dr figured up, which was Nov 22. That would have went I got a clear positive and digital positive at 6 DPO. I'm keeping the 22nd until the ultrasound. The appointment was pretty uneventful. Talked to the midwife, went over all the paper work I filled out. I had had blood work done, a urinalysis and the glucose test (they stared testing me early, because literally ever person in my family is diabetic). I scheduled my next appointment which is when I will have the first ultrasound, that will be April 18. I can't wait! I will be almost 9 weeks, I can't wait to see my LO

I started taking b6 yesterday and I already feel so much better. This is the first day in two weeks that I don't have much nausea. I felt bad when I woke up, ate a little, took the b6 and had a cup of green ginger tea. I feel pretty good right now.

Last edited by melaniek85; April 5th, 2012 at 01:04 PM.
April 5th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I spoke too soon. The nausea came back after I ate lunch.

April 8th, 2012, 12:29 PM
How often are you taking the B6? Spacing it out throughout the day in smaller doses helps the most. It took a couple of days for it to make a difference for me.

April 11th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belita View Post
How often are you taking the B6? Spacing it out throughout the day in smaller doses helps the most. It took a couple of days for it to make a difference for me.
I was taking it three times a day. I now have phenergan that I'm trying. We'll see. I have accepted that nothing may help this nausea and hopefully I only have to deal with this for a few more weeks.

April 11th, 2012, 07:09 AM
4/11/12
The nausea is still there, but I'm sick of complaining about it, I'm just gonna deal with it. I'm just telling myself this means I have a healthy baby in there. So, I was able to talk to my boss at work yesterday, I will be switching my schedule to part time starting in about a week. I am happy about this. Work has been very understanding and been working with me.

John and I have our wedding date set for May 26, 2013. We are going to have our wedding then, since almost everything is paid for, but we are considering going to the court house and eloping. We talked about it and it would make things easier, I can go on his insurance because I'll be losing mine going part time, the baby won't be born outside of marriage (not that either one of us would have a problem if he/she was, it would be nice for me and the baby to have the same last name). I think I want to do it, we don't want to tell anyone about it though, we want everyone to think we got married at our wedding. I don't know how I will keep it from my parents, so they may have to know.

Monday night I had a dream about the baby, I have been having a lot of bad dreams about miscarriage, so it was nice to have one about a healthy baby. It actually reduced my fear and worry a bit. The dream was weird though. I had a little boy, he was so darn cute and such a good baby. The weather was warm even though it was Nov. I had to ask my mom about my labor and delivery because I couldn't figure out how the baby got here, I didn't remember any of it. She said I had him naturally without meds. Anyway, it was a good, weird dream.

I have a week off from work, wa ssuppose to go to NYC with my sis this weekend to go to a concert and visit a friend. I don't think that will happen. Anyway, I'm going t enjoy my week of being lazy.
mollymalone likes this.

April 13th, 2012, 10:37 AM
4/13/12

The nausea has seem to let up a bit! I hope it continues. I really don't feel bad, I hope thats not a bad sign. I have my ultrasound on Weds and I cannot wait!!! I will be able to see my baby for the first time!

John and I went over to the courthouse today and filled out the marriage license application. Monday we go back to get married. I am nervous. I can't believe I'm gonna to be a married woman. We are keeping this a secret from everyone except my mom and I'm posting it here. We don't want anyone to know that we were married before our wedding next year. lol.
Belita likes this.

April 13th, 2012, 10:42 AM
I've heard of people doing that before due to a variety of circumstances.

Can't wait to see your ultrasound pics!!

April 13th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Thanks! I can't wait to get it done! It seems like I've been waiting forever for this ultrasound. I'll be sure to post pics.

April 14th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Well I broke down and bought maternity pants. My regular pants would not stay up over my belly, when I sat the squeezed my belly and were giving me a backache. I got two pair. Super comfortable. Also, I've officially missed my second period.
mollymalone likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search