what a craving can do

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RunningMommyTo5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2012, 06:24 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been wanting an ice cream cone and so I asked Dh if he could do some shopping while I put DD to bed. I asked him to get ice cream cones and bars from the freezer section. So an hour later he comes home with ice cream tubs, regulae cones and acaia berry bars. I really craved a prefilled ice cream cone or ice cream bar. I must have expressed myself too strongly as he just stormed back out to the store. Oops! LOL

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
March 21st, 2012, 06:37 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL at least he went. DH has only gone out twice for my cravings. Once it gets to be a certain hour he refused. I wanted an onion bagel with cream cheese at around 8 last night. I don't drive at night because of my vision and he refused even though dunkin donuts is right down the street. I was one sad mama.

March 21st, 2012, 07:05 PM
Moldovandish's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww, sorry your DH did not go get your bagel for you last night:-(

Baby Caleb - born on Sept. 15, 11.31 pm, 8 lb. 15 oz.
March 22nd, 2012, 06:01 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
LOL!!!! I agree, at least he went back! I don't blame you, though. I've cried when a restaurant or fast food place has messed up my order while preggo. It happens! When you have your mind set on something, something similar but not exactly what you're wanting just won't do when you're knocked up!
3Sapphires likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 22nd, 2012, 06:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
my hubby brought down a big ice cream sundae with two spoons for us one night and I was stoked! But I'm lactose intolerant so I needed a lactaid pill. He claims he couldn't find one in the cabinet and I refused to go look for one...I was being uber stubborn! Then I was so mad that he teased me with the ice cream and no pill, knowing I need to have one!

gotta love preggo hormones

March 22nd, 2012, 08:20 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
so funny! My DH is wonderful but i'm sure he wouldn't have gone back. He got me some mint chocolate chip ice cream yesterday but i was craving the green kind with chocolate shavings and he got the white mint stuff with chunks of chocolate. I still ate it of course but its not the same!

March 22nd, 2012, 09:01 AM
CoolMomof2's Avatar Veteran
My DH has been too lazy to go out for my cravings . Seems like he has too many pregnancy symptoms himself LOL . Once I had this serious craving for cheesecake and I asked him to go to the store . We ended up walking to the store [1 mile] with DD because he is too concerned about my weight / eating empty calories . But that cheesecake sure tasted more heavenly when I ate it after we were back home

My Blog www.workingmaa.com
March 22nd, 2012, 09:10 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've only asked MIke to go out once and that was last night! haha!

BUt I didn't have a strong craving, I just wanted some dairy queen! I got a blizzard.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 (9wks) & 3/1/14 (9wks)
Chemical Pregnancy 5/31/15
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 22nd, 2012, 09:27 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My only craving so far has been ham and cheese sandwiches. Though I know once I crave the "good stuff" DH will be happy to go out and get it for me as long as I share He'd probably go out at midnight if I asked him too

10/01/15 @ 8.5 weeks
11/17/15 @ 4 weeks (chemical)
1/25/16 @ 4.5 weeks
3/07/16 @ 5.5 weeks

Struggling with how much more my heart can take.
March 22nd, 2012, 10:18 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't asked my DH to run out to get me something that I'm craving because I highly doubt he would (LoL). Maybe if I started crying

I'm lucky if he'll go downstairs to the kitchen to get me something

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
March 22nd, 2012, 03:31 PM
Veteran
This thread is killing me with cravings! I don't really like ice cream, never have, but BOY do I want a sundae now!
March 22nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's so sweet that he went back out! I'm sure my DH would too if I made a big deal about it
I haven't had too many cravings at night, but I can't get enough sweets all day long! I just reached in the giant bag of mini cadbury eggs DH bought me and found I'd eaten them all already!Im one sad panda!

March 23rd, 2012, 04:26 AM
Super Mommy
My husband went yesterday and picked me up French fries and ranch dressing from my favorite BBQ restaurant because that is what I had been wanting. It was sooooo sooooo good even if it didnt stay down super long.
March 23rd, 2012, 12:15 PM
hikermama's Avatar Veteran
I haven't had the urge so badly for anything that I have had to send the husband out, but then I do all the grocery shopping and get what I am in the mood for. Although, I am making him take me out for pizza tonight. I am usually good when we go out and just get a big salad but tonight I am splurging and getting hawiaan pizza!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search