Maxwell Thomas and Charlotte Mae 3.13.2012

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2012, 04:49 PM
allicyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Birth Story of Maxwell Thomas and Charlotte Mae

I had an appointment on Monday, March 12th. The doctor was going out of town on Thursday for four days and I was freaking out about going into labor and needing a c-section. No other doctor in the area would deliver the twins vaginally. With my history of quick labors and dilating early, the doc said if I did dilate early he would be inducing me. We figured the babies would be here fast and didn't want to have them in the car! At my appointment that afternoon I was 4-5 cm, so he made the call to induce me the following morning!

Tuesday, March 13th we got to the hospital at 7am. We were admitted and they took blood, hooked me up to the monitors, and all that jazz. At 8am the doc came in to check me again and break my water. Remember, I was NOT in labor yet. I had been having infrequent, mostly painless contractions for a few weeks though. When he checked me, I was 7cm! He broke my water, and now we just had to wait.

I laid in bed (other than to get up to pee) until around 10:30. I didn't get much sleep the night before, so Brandon and I napped on and off. I knew that if I stood up it would make Maxwell come down more, the contractions come harder and faster, and there would be pain. I didn't have an epidural, so I was terrified of the pain! The contractions while in bed were not painful at all, so I finally got up to avoid the pitocin that had been threatened. Well I was right, and the pressure and pain came. I used Brandon to rock back and forth on during the contractions and he rubbed my back. I had CMT on the TV, and used the music videos to get through the contractions as well. Singing through contractions isn't pretty! I couldn't feel them in my stomach, they were all very low and felt like very bad menstrual cramps. The pressure from Maxwell was the worst part of it all.

At 11:00 the doc came in, I was an 8, but he wanted to give me a "taste" of pitocin to get the babies delivered. I sent a text at 11:04 saying the pitocin had been given. Around 11:10 we walked back to the OR (just in case there was an emergency and I needed a c-section). I got up on the bed/table and had the urge to start pushing. Did I mention there were high school seniors (accepted into pre-med programs) in the room? And I had no pain meds? And I'm apparently a very vocal woman in labor. I'm sure I was excellent birth control!

It only took two pushes to get little Maxwell out, and he was born at 11:27am weighing 5lb 11oz. Charlotte turned breech instead of going head down, so the doctor had to reach up inside of me to get her out. She was born at 11:30am in one push weighing 5lb 14oz, with help of the doctor.

Charlotte was taken back to the nursery right away because her breathing wasn't what they wanted to see. Maxwell got to hang out with us, and I got a few snuggles before they took him away. We were back in the post partum room by 11:45.

The nurses were awful and we had to go find them for updates on the babies. We were left in that room, with no one checking on us for 45 minutes. Literally were just dumped off after delivery. They moved us to the room I'd be staying in, and finally let us go see the babies around 1. They both were having breathing issues and we were told needed to be brought to a NICU- the closest one being in Syracuse. They had already called the team over to come assess and more than likely take them back to Syr with them.

I got to hold Charlotte for the first time around 3 as they were getting ready to take her away. Then I got to hold Maxwell. It was so hard giving them back

I spent the night in the hospital and was discharged the next morning. I was home before the babies were 24 hours old.

The last 10 days has been a roller coaster of emotions. Nights are the hardest because I feel like I should have my arms full after the big kids are in bed. Charlotte is pretty much ready to come home, but we are waiting to see if Max can catch up so we can take them home together. He's still not taking all of his feedings through the bottle/breast, so it's just a waiting game.

thank you jaidynsmum!!
March 22nd, 2012, 05:13 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What an amazing birth story. I'm glad that you got the birth that you wanted. They are SO cute and I hope that they get to come home soon!!

=May '05 and '11

March 22nd, 2012, 05:20 PM
Heder4789's Avatar Mommy to 2, 1 on the way!
Awesome story!! They are adorable!

March 22nd, 2012, 05:22 PM
Brittney06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
They are so precious! Congrats momma! Hope those babies are filling up your arms and taking away your sleep very soon
March 23rd, 2012, 06:48 AM
JenJen3574's Avatar Super Mommy
Great story Alli! So happy you were able to have them vaginally like you wanted. Hope they are home with you soon.
Once a decade, right?

March 31st, 2012, 10:51 AM
abwright17's Avatar Ashley
Awesome story!!! So glad you got to deliver then vaginally. They are super adorable!!!!
April 3rd, 2012, 06:11 AM
Super Mommy
So glad you got the delivery you wanted Also so glad they are home now! They are beautiful!

Joshua - 11/02/05
Matthew - 2/17/12 - Born at 33 weeks 5 days

April 10th, 2012, 05:42 PM
adi&co.
I'm reading this after babies are home and i'm so glad they are!! hugs to you momma!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search