Has anyone ever purchased a crib from Walmart?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 23rd, 2012, 02:32 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I got DD's crib from craigslist, it was a STEAL. She sold me the crib and a changing table for $50. It was white and beautiful, no recalls, no issues, etc. It was a solid crib and was really sturdy. We didn't bring it with us so I'm in the market for a new one and would prefer to buy a convertible crib.

I found one on the walmart website that I LOVE: (white for a girl, black for boy)
Graco Lauren Classic 4-in-1 White Convertible Crib - Walmart.com

but we bought DD's toddler bed from walmart and the thing is a piece of junk (granted, I think it is some off-brand). Needless to say when we move and update her bed it's going in the trash because it is cracked and falling apart. This crib is a Graco (dependable brand) and the reviews are all really good. Just wondering if anyone has one similar or ever bought a crib from walmart because I'm ready to buy this as soon as I know the gender!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

March 23rd, 2012, 03:01 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't see a big deal if it a brand you know and trust! can you go take a look at it? I know they don't always have them all on display...

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 23rd, 2012, 03:04 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think its just fine to buy it from Walmart! I bought DS's crib from jcpenney.com because they were having a good sale. I'm not sure whether we'll buy a crib for this baby or pass DS on to them and get him a toddler bed.

Last edited by amazing_love; March 23rd, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
March 23rd, 2012, 03:48 PM
morethanamom4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Graco is a good brand. DD2's crib was from wal-mart, DD3's was from Kmart. I think you'll be just fine.

March 23rd, 2012, 06:08 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope, but my sister bought this exact same crib and it works great for her. Never had a problem with it.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

March 23rd, 2012, 10:57 PM
InnocentDevil's Avatar Super Mommy
My DD's whole nursery set ws purchased at WalMart and I loved it! The only issue I had with the crib was that when it came time to convert it to a toddler bed, it was a pain to do it, but I think that ws the person who was trying to do it. Go for it. Nothin wrong with WalMart.

March 24th, 2012, 07:42 AM
I should make sure I'm clear that I love Walmart! I just have had bad luck buying furniture pieces from their that's why I was asking! Thanks for the info, I've got a while to decide!

Ami- its online only I believe or at least there were none at any local stores.

March 24th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I bought bunk beds from walmart and they are really sturdy..actually its one of the brands that makes baby cribs as well so you should be fine..There are safety requirements that have to be met when making them..Although I do have to say when I had my oldest son..I had a Jenny Lind crib and it was fairly flimsy(disappointing because it's suppose to be this amazing bed)..But my nephew is currently sleeping in a walmart crib and its fine..

March 24th, 2012, 09:16 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Claire's crib is the Graco Sarah crib (also from Walmart) and we have loved it. It does scratch easily and the hardware is exposed (with the more expensive cribs everything is covered), but it does the job and is very sturdy. It looks nice in her room, and for the price I couldn't ask for anything more. In fact, we're ordering another one for the 2nd twin this fall!

We don't plan to convert the cribs to a regular bed, so I'd rather save the money and buy the kids nicer furniture later.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (4), Abigail (2) and George (2)

March 24th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Frugile Wife
Send a message via Yahoo to jennylynnf
Yeah, they all have to pass national standards and alot of those cribs are sold at higher end stores under diff names or model numbers or slight differances, with the same manufacturer, they just get a contract with walmart for a cheaper price and specific model number only sold there. Ive been really suprised at finding this in all kinds of stuff. Other stores do it to like target and kmart. I got a used one for 35. i just went by the recommended guidelines for buying a crib, its less than 4 yrs old, no drop down sides, sturdy with all the pcs. Its been through a cpl kids and it still in good shape minus some scratches, but it should hold up then fine and get my moneys worth. But walmart would have been my next choice!

Jessica Wearing Her SQUISHY BUM'S Cloth Diaper made by mommy
Facebook.com/Squishybums
March 24th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Nikke2527's Avatar Veteran
I just left Walmart and am getting the Lauren Crib today.It feels solid and to be honest, it looks and feels just like the one I got for DS from JCPenny.
March 24th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Sprinkle 2010's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought DD's crib from Walmart and it looked very similar to the one you picked out! I found in my shopping that most staores carry the same brands, but walmart was way cheaper and shipping was free. Can't beat it! I had no issues when it arrived. (I had it sent in store.) If the crib I like is cheapest at Walmart, I'd definitely do it again!

The also have cute bedding. I wanted black and white damask for DD and everywhere was super expensive. Walmart came through for me for $88. Can't beat it!

March 24th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Super Mommy
Before my first was born, we bought the cheapest crib we could find at Walmart. It was just over $100, drop side, but I don't remember the brand. It lasted through two kids, and I *just* gave it away via Free cycle because we don't intend to use it again. It wasn't high quality at all, but it was safe and effective.
Breast feeding, formula feeding, baby wearing, stroller pushing, VBAC successful, video game playing, extended rear facing, extended harnessing, mac and cheese feeding, vaccine free, happily married, LDS mother to 3 beautiful children. And now you know everything about me.

My Blog - Thoughts from Momland, where the mountain dew is cold, the kids are loud, and the laughs are endless.[/CENTER]
March 24th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinkle 2010 View Post
I bought DD's crib from Walmart and it looked very similar to the one you picked out! I found in my shopping that most staores carry the same brands, but walmart was way cheaper and shipping was free. Can't beat it! I had no issues when it arrived. (I had it sent in store.) If the crib I like is cheapest at Walmart, I'd definitely do it again!

The also have cute bedding. I wanted black and white damask for DD and everywhere was super expensive. Walmart came through for me for $88. Can't beat it!
We got Dds crib bedding at Walmart too. The whole set was under $40 and it is still in great shape so we were able to save it! I just couldn't see spending $200 on bed that was going to get puked, peed, and pooped on!

March 24th, 2012, 07:05 PM
KrystalB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We bought DS's crib from Zellers, which makes products similar to Walmart and didn't have any issues with it. I personally think the crib in the link is beautiful!

My Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search