Braxton-Hicks contractions

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2012, 06:24 PM
just_em's Avatar TANSTAAFL!
Is there anyone else here who has NEVER had them, not even one? I have no idea what these feel like! All I keep hearing is that since it's my second pregnancy, I should expect to be having them early and often. Apparently my uterus failed to get that memo... I can't be the only one, right?

March 24th, 2012, 08:52 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never had them in my first pregnancy until right at the end. With each pregnancy, I got/get them sooner and more frequently.

=May '05 and '11

March 24th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Megs982's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Megs982
I didnt have them with my first 3 pregnancies *atleast that I realized*..with this one I started getting them around 18weeks or so..
March 24th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Bekah's Avatar happy 2 be a girl mommy!
I never had them until this pregnancy... and this is my third. I think I started feeling them around 14 weeks, obviously they are much stronger now

March 25th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Super Mommy
This is my 2nd pregnancy and I've never had them. I asked my dr at my last appointment and she said some people feel them others don't and that's it's perfectly normal not to.

March 25th, 2012, 07:03 AM
squishyhomie's Avatar whee.
i've literally only had one false contraction this whole pregnancy.

Our First Baby
Nicholas Anthony Sanders

March 25th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Clutch's Avatar First Timer
I complained to my mom about my own BH contractions, but she said that in all THREE of her pregnancies, she never had one.

So I'm sure it's totally normal to not feel any BH contractions.
March 25th, 2012, 10:35 AM
akd616's Avatar Super Mommy
My first pregnancy I had them all of twice before going into actual labor...and my actual labor was totally and completely back labor so they felt nothing alike

I've had them more frequently this pregnancy and I find them friggin annoying. Seriously uterus? Put up or shut up.
March 25th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Super Mommy
I didn't think I had any but my midwife said I probably just didn't know what to look for. After that when I was sitting still paying attention I realized that some of what I thought was the baby pushing up against me was actually BH because my belly was hard all over and not just in one spot. I can't notice them unless I look for them. I don't feel a thing. Not annoying or uncomfortable. Just barely identifiable.
March 25th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think I've ever had one.
March 25th, 2012, 03:59 PM
adi&co.
I didn't get any with marcus at all. I had a few with Jamesen but not 'til the very very end. I've had some this pregnancy. def. started earlier this time

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search