what to do??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Club_J
  • 2 Post By my4loves

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2012, 06:03 PM
mamabear4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
since i dont want people at the hospital during labor or delivery and only allowing certain to come while im there, im trying to figure now whether or not to send pics after i post them myself and who to send pics to first. My grandma will literally call everyone in the family, EVERYONE, and tell them my good news before me thats why she won't know til after baby. my younger sister will post it for the world to see on fb before i do. i would be so pissed but she's like that. so now i guess i have to make a list..pretty ridiculous that i have to make a post-birth plan to deal with family. Or do you ladies have any suggestions?
March 25th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Super Mommy
I will tell my sister not to post to FB, and she will listen. Our families live a long ways away and won't be there, so we will just call them right away.

We will text people/post on FB when we are ready to handle visitors. If we really don't want visitors we will probably still text/post before someone else gets to the news and request no visitors.

Another church member said she had 50 church members visit her in the hospital after her baby was born! So I'm definitely not telling the church unless I'm up to some visitors!
mamabear4 likes this.
March 25th, 2012, 07:13 PM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have you tried to bluntly tell them all NOT to say anything until you do?

If you tell themjust how important it is to you for YOU to break the news and not everyone else, maybe they'll adhere to your wishes!

maybe.

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
March 26th, 2012, 04:16 AM
my4loves's Avatar Final score=Girls3 Boys2
I'm not telling extended family that I'll even be going in(scheduled induction) I have an annoying cousin who will want to show up and take a thousand pics and post them on her FB, proudly showing off that SHE had first dibs. Not happening, so when we get home and I'm ready for company, I'll start letting people know.

It's a shame to have to be that way, but sadly some people just don't know how to respect boundaries.
mamabear4 and philly78 like this.

Last edited by my4loves; March 26th, 2012 at 04:23 AM.
March 26th, 2012, 06:00 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
UGH!!! I'd be upset too if I knew that people would be making MY baby about THEM!!! Is there any way that you could post pics on FB before you let certain people know about her?? Not like hours before, just a few minutes??

=May '05 and '11

March 26th, 2012, 08:49 AM
mamabear4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
yes i will post first or dh will probably beat me...he doesnt act like it but i know he is really happy to have a daughter and for giving me the daughter i so desperately wanted...or maybe he's just happy we are finally done

i will call my dad, cousin, and older sister during labor. The only one that will be able to come is my cousin..if she's not at work which isnt likely. then after we will take pics send an update to the listed 3 people and then call everyone else. im pretty good with posting immediately, after all i been waiting for this day for 274 days

then again all this still also depends on when I go into labor. i'm hoping its in the evening that way even if dh works that day he will still be there and for the stay. i kept saying how i wanted to stay as long as possible but now that the older 2 boys are gone i don't mind coming home and that way dh won't have to take off work for to long if at all. he only works 4 10hr dys a weeks which im very grateful for.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search