When are you telling people?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BeckyBozeman

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
I was just curious when everyone is telling people. With DS we told our immediate families right away. We had waited for 3 years to get pregnant and just couldnt hold it in.

I know with this one my family will know right away because they all knew we were doing IVF... I am pretty sure we are going to tell the rest at Easter when they visit. We are going to get a Big Brother shirt for my DS and let them figure it out!

Then we will tell friends at 10 weeks just like we did with Mason.

March 26th, 2012, 01:17 PM
PennyLynn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have told my Mom and close co-worker and the rest will be at 12 weeks like with Evelyn

March 26th, 2012, 01:57 PM
sarahp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've told a couple of close friends, and will probably tell a couple more - they are the ones I would also tell if I miscarried. My mum I'll tell this week probably, DHs family we'll probably wait a while until we know everything is fine. Everyone else we'll wait until after the nuchal translucency scan.

March 26th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We're debating about this now... I've already told a few people - close friends, my mom and sister and brother and my boss. But everyone knows that we've been trying and it's pretty obvious when I feel like crap and am not drinking! DH is feeling a little superstitious, so I'm trying to respect his feelings. But I decided after my first miscarriage that I was going to celebrate every time I was pregnant and consequences be ******! In some ways it's hard... but I got such great support and kindness with both of my losses that I never regretted letting people know. So we'll probably let the cat out of the bag sooner than later, although if DH gets his way we'll wait to tell his family and most other people til we have our first ultrasound at 9 weeks.
Hopingfor1soon likes this.

March 26th, 2012, 08:23 PM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We told some close family... But I'm not entirely sure when we will make the official announcement.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
March 26th, 2012, 08:30 PM
NorthTXMomof3's Avatar Veteran
We've told close friends and family.
March 27th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Since it's number 10, most family won't be excited. Our beliefs are not to popular and it's not really celebrated. The family will enjoy the baby once he/she is here, but don't do a whole lot before hand. Our kids always throw the baby a baby shower, they shop at garage sales, made a cake, blow up balloons. So that's our special party for the baby. I wish family was more excited, but I think they worry about us supporting a family of this size.

Last baby, who is now 6 months old, we told at 14 weeks, only because my tummy was giving away the secret . A many time mama's tummy doesn't keep a secret for long. But this time I'm thinking Mother's Day would be good. I should be around 11 weeks or so. We don't do early ultrasounds, so when the heartbeat is picked up we will be good to go!

March 27th, 2012, 07:26 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've told my close friends - the ones I want to be there for me if I miscarry again. I'll wait to tell others until I feel like I'm in the safe zone (wherever that is I'm not sure) - maybe at 12 weeks or when I start showing....

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
March 27th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Haha I waited.. Hmmm an hour before it was all over facebook??

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)
and NUMBER4! (due 7/4/2015)

March 27th, 2012, 02:20 PM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is 7 years in the making so my family and employees all know we were doing IVF this month. So they all know I'm prego YAY! I'm not posting it on FB until after my 1st u/s and we have a heartbeat.

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

March 27th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Brynn, don't you mean when you make sure there are one or two in there . After 7 years, and all you went through, I think you deserve a nice, easy 9 months!

March 27th, 2012, 03:32 PM
LOVE is...being a Mommy
Waiting until 12wks. after first u/s to tell anyone. This is my first pregnancy so I have nothing reference as far as how I should be feeling or sense of what is normal and what is not. At least by 12wks. I hopefully will be able to stop worrying about whether everything is progressing normally.
March 27th, 2012, 04:28 PM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
I don't plan on telling anyone for awhile. I'm actually thinking about waiting until we find out the gender or until it becomes obvious I'm pregnant. I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks back in October after having a perfect pregnancy in 2009 and had told EVERYONE! I am not doing that again...
March 27th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Super Mommy
I am not sure when we will be telling everyone. I know I will tell my best friend, going to dinner with her tomorrow. I am just worried about telling because sometimes people have diarrhea of the mouth when you have a large family.

March 27th, 2012, 05:28 PM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not really sure. A couple of people know already. For everybody else probably once I hit the 2nd tri, if i can keep it a secret that long!

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

March 28th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We told immediate family, and a close coworker a couple of days after we found out. I made sure I took about 50 tests first

We think we will try to wait until 12/ 13 weeks to make a formal announcement otherwise, which will put us around Memorial Day weekend. I may not be able to hide it or that long- with DS 2 I was showing at 9 weeks . Also, my job is sometimes strenuous, and I don't know if I'll need to tell work earlier for that reason.
March 28th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
DH knows of course, my boss, my best friend, and a couple close friends. everyone else will have to wait until about 12 weeks.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search