Any One Set Up Their First Appointment Yet?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just set mine up for April 30th. I will be just short of 9 weeks. It will just be an intake appointment with the midwife but I still am looking forward to it
March 28th, 2012, 12:04 PM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just waiting on the approval from the VA. They pay for everything!

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

March 28th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have my first appointment with my midwife on the 26th... I'll be calling to set up my first ultrasound tomorrow. That should be around May 2nd!!

March 28th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Super Mommy
I will call my OB's office tomorrow to set up my first appt. He likes to see me a little after 6 weeks and he does an u/s at the first visit. The funny thing is I was just at his office for my annual visit on Monday .

March 28th, 2012, 03:25 PM
sarahp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't called up yet, and won't for a few weeks probably. My OB doesn't see patients until I think 10-12 weeks, so I'm in no rush

March 28th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Nope not yet, but with IVF I have 3 betas (last one Monday). Then they do an early ultra sound usually a few days later, and then they release me to my midwife, but I will get ultrasounds at 6, 8, and 10 weeks more than likely. And then she usually sets up appoints for between 10 and 12 weeks.

March 28th, 2012, 04:28 PM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I set up my first appointment to go in at 5w4d as I go in early to check that it is not ectopic. Sadly I won't be able to hear the heart beating (around 6w) as I am going on vacation. When I return I will be 9 weeks, if I haven't miscarried!!

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
March 28th, 2012, 05:55 PM
LOVE is...being a Mommy
I have an orientation and blood work on Monday and will schedule my first appointment then. My DH will be out of town from mid-April to mid-May, so hopefully I'll be able to schedule it for after he gets back. I'll be 11wks. by then.
March 28th, 2012, 06:00 PM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
I'm going to call the dr tomorrow and set something up. The told me when I miscarried last October they wanted to see me right away next pregnancy!
March 28th, 2012, 06:39 PM
New to posting on the board, long term lurking, this will be my first pregnancy after 21 months of trying. I got my positive after my first round of clomid. Anyways, I called and set up my first two appointments! First one will be April 18th and I can't hardly wait!
March 28th, 2012, 07:51 PM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My RE will release me at 12 weeks. I'm getting Betas checked every few days and u/s will be set up soon. He is pretty certain we are having twins but not sure yet.

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

March 28th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickersons09 View Post
I'm going to call the dr tomorrow and set something up. The told me when I miscarried last October they wanted to see me right away next pregnancy!
Really? I find that interesting given how common miscarriages are. I'm always surprised at docs who schedule so many appointments early on (I don't mean yours specifically, just in general), when there's nothing you can do, and not much to see. I see a high risk doc due to heart surgery and a stillbirth, and I've also had a miscarriage, and they don't see you until the end of the first trimester. They wait until there's something going on, and the pregnancy seems "viable" before they bring you in.

Last pregnancy it killed me having to wait so long because I desperately wanted to see the little bean, but there was no medical reason, I just wanted to see the baby This time around, as long as nothing bad seems to be happening, I'm happy not to have any more appointments than I need to - I know I'll be sick of the clinic by the end of the pregnancy...

March 28th, 2012, 09:34 PM
NorthTXMomof3's Avatar Veteran
I go in on April 18th.
proud2BanSLP likes this.
March 29th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I technically had my first appointment on Tuesday because that was when my yearly pap was, lol, and I had them do a pg test and of course, it was positive. So I got my Zofran scripts and scheduled an ultrasound from 3 weeks from today! Im kind of nervous the u/s is going to be kind of early... Dr wants it done because I probably ovulated up to a week later than when I thought I did, so we just want to make sure on the date. I'd love to hear a heartbeat though!!

...Hilary...
Mommy to Charlotte (b. 12/15/2008)
and Clara (b. 11/28/2010)
and Benjamin (b. 12/11/2012)
and NUMBER4! (due 7/4/2015)

March 29th, 2012, 09:56 AM
So I called up today to make an appointment - I was going to wait a couple of weeks, but I was excited... haha! So I have the initial nurse visit at 8 weeks, then I see the OB at 10-11 weeks

March 29th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK - so I just posted this on the other thread - but they didn't give me an appointment rather a "Just swing by anytime before 4pm for a blood test."

So...I guess I do that first?

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

March 29th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky_78 View Post
OK - so I just posted this on the other thread - but they didn't give me an appointment rather a "Just swing by anytime before 4pm for a blood test."

So...I guess I do that first?
Yeah, some practices will want to confirm with a blood pregnancy test and you can just pop into the lab and get it done, then you can set up your intake appointment.
March 29th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just made my appointment for my first ultrasound!! May 2! I plan to have this one and then the anatomy scan at 20 weeks and that's it! So we decided to go a little later with the first one so that we can hopefully see some movement!

March 30th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Super Mommy
I had an appointment last friday for a confirmation and my first real appointment and ultrasound is April 18th.

Thanks Babydoll213 for the perfect siggy!

March 30th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Super Mommy
I just set my first appt and it is for April 26th, I will be a little over 7 weeks then. My OB usually does a early u/s then so that will be cool to see the baby then!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search