So tired...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By libra71
  • 1 Post By Becky_78
  • 1 Post By Wishinfor2ndblessing

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2012, 03:45 PM
sarahp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been so tired these last few days! Trying to drag my butt to the gym, and I don't think I would except they have childcare, which means I can get some me time...

March 28th, 2012, 04:03 PM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am right there with you! Except tomorrow I kind of have to go! I have a session with my trainer. I see him twice a week. I know it will benefit me in the end, but jeez I am wiped out!

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

March 28th, 2012, 04:47 PM
LOVE is...being a Mommy
Have been too nervous to go back to gym since I found out I'm pregnant. Any suggestions as to what kind of workouts are best at this early stage?
nina9809 likes this.
March 28th, 2012, 07:12 PM
I managed to get along, and feel so much better for it! I broke it down into little steps - just put your gym stuff in your bag, just put Zoe in child watch, just go out to the treadmill so you can look in at Zoe, well since you're here might as well run on the treadmill... haha.

There's no reason to avoid the gym, exercise is good for you, and you are fine to continue what you were doing before you got pregnant. Just don't go sitting in hot tubs/steam rooms etc., and don't do too much extended high heart rate exercise. I've just been doing ~30 minutes on the treadmill, and 15 minutes swimming, but have only gotten into exercise again recently. I would not suddenly go to 45+ minutes of hardcore running because my body is not used to it, and I would probably raise my core temperature too much for too long which could cause issues to a developing fetus. That's why you need to avoid hot tubs and steam rooms and the like - they bring your core temp up too much for too long, and will literally boil a fetus. I sit in the hot tub sometimes after my run, and just have my legs and maybe half an inch of butt in the water, and for no more than 10 minutes. I figure that's not enough to cause problems...

Last edited by sarahp; March 28th, 2012 at 07:25 PM.
March 28th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't make it all last week, but the last couple of days DH and I have gotten up and gone... I'm sure it helps, but it's SO hard to get up in the morning!

I hit a wall at about 3:00 every afternoon... but yeah... so tired all the time!

March 29th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Super Mommy
I haven't been too tired yet, I am sure that will change.

I have been good about continuing to get in my runs. I have been running for 3 years and ran through my last pregnancy (It really helped me feel amazing during the pregnancy).

My OB is totally fine with it as long as I stay hydrated and it is not really hot outside. I have been training for a 1/2 marathon that is in 2 weeks and I am planning on still running it, my OB said it was fine to if I was pregnant at my annual check up I just had on Monday, the day before I got my BFP.

March 29th, 2012, 08:15 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am going to the gym today after work and I am really looking forward to it. I tried to go yesterday but my friend forgot her ID so we went for a nice long walk around the lake instead.

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
March 29th, 2012, 08:39 AM
-erin-'s Avatar Co-Host of the May2010 PR
Quote:
Originally Posted by libra71 View Post
Have been too nervous to go back to gym since I found out I'm pregnant. Any suggestions as to what kind of workouts are best at this early stage?
What Sarah said... basically you can continue what you've been doing, don't suddenly start anything at high intensity and pay attention to your body and it's cues for what you can handle. If you have any questions, just give your doc a call

March 29th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I went to the gym last night and thought I was going to hurl. I've been urban rebounding (a class on a mini tramp) for over 4 years. I figured, bouncing would probably still be OK as long as I don't over do it.

BUT...I didn't anticipate the M/S factor. Usually I found if I didn't eat anything for a couple of hours I was fine, but last night the bouncing made me soooooooo nauseous. I guess I'll have to find something else to do

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

March 29th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know what you all mean- I am soooooo tired these last few days. I work nights so by the time I'm driving home (midnight / 1am) I'm am ready to be face down. I am sure the fatigue will only get worse as time goes on, at least for a while.

As far as workouts, I did a prenatal yoga video with my last pregnancy that I found on netflix that I really liked. I have 2 babies so I can't really get out of the house much
March 29th, 2012, 12:55 PM
My DD is in daycare today and I'm supposed to be doing an assignment. Instead I've been sitting on my butt doing nothing but eating, and now I want to nap... lol. This is going to be a long pregnancy

March 29th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Thats exactly how I feel, but I'm at work.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 29th, 2012, 01:28 PM
I haven't really had all the fatigue yet...but I know it's coming! Luckily my dd is 10 and can go to the gym with me. I've only been doing the exercising for about 3 months as i was trying to lose a lot of weight. I've been kind of nervous about what to do and what not to do since i had a mc in nov. Just gonna take it easy!
March 29th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I will just have you know, I did absolutely nothing all day! This cannot continue. I feel so tired and have such a headache...although this is also day 2 sans coffee. UGH!!!

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

March 29th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Girl I am at work, and I have done maybe 1 thing today.... Its a good thing its slow today... cause even that one thing has knocked me on my butt....

I'll take it though, cause I know whats causing it Keep making mommy sick and tired little bean!!!!!!
Becky_78 likes this.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

March 29th, 2012, 04:27 PM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today was rough at the gym, even though we took it easy, I still got queasy. He was cool with me taking my time and at least got a good workout in!

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

March 29th, 2012, 05:18 PM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
I was doing good all day and then ate dinner! Pretty sure im not getting off this couch anytime soon!
March 29th, 2012, 06:08 PM
It's 6pm here, and it feels like 10pm! I felt ok at work today, but just lost it all when I got home!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search