Luna & Lyra 2/17/12 Update!!! new photo!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2012, 10:45 AM
abwright17's Avatar Ashley
My Beautiful Twincessess

My lil lucky charms were born on March 17th at 2:39 and 2:41 pm via c/s. I was 36 weeks 5 days. I woke up that morning around 8:30 with mild contractions, nothing big. Went to the bathroom and noticed my mucus plug fell out. I didnt really think anything of it so i went back to bed or tried to anyway. Around 11 am I got up ate breakfast and went about my normal day. Around 1ish I had this pain that came over me and it literally took my breath away. So to be safe then sorry we went down to L&D. Sure enough they checked me and I was dilated to 4 50% effaced and my water bag was bulging. They did a quick U/S on me to see if the baby A was head down or breach. Sure enough she was still breach. I was a lil bummed at that point because I've never had a c/s before also one of my best friends, also my Doula, wasn't allowed to be in there, =(. From the time I got to the hospital to the time I got back to the O/R seems like a matter of seconds, it went by so fast. As they were wheeling m back to the O/R I couldn't help but worry about they girls and how they would do. I get into the room and right away they start giving me the spinal. My anesthesiologist was awesome, only took her like 2 min to give me my spinal. I laid back and they began to prep me and I was soooooooooooooooooooo nervous. About 5 min after I got in there and I was prepped they had my fiance come in and then the procedure began. I looked up and asked the anesthesiologist when they were gonna start and she said that baby a (Lyra) was almost there. I was like holy cow that was fast. i hear the doctor announce her being born and then I hear the most beautiful sound, her cry. It was a sigh of relief for a split second. Then 2 min later her sister, Luna, was born. Hearing them cry was pure bliss for me. Brian, my fiance, got to cut the cords and then got to hold his lil girls. I only got to see them for a split second, but from what I saw they were just beautiful. Not but a few min after they were born they had to go be evaluated. Unbeknownst to be Luna had to go into the nicu due to breathing problems. Lyra however was doing great. They got me all sewed up and and the wheeled me into the recovery room where I got to watch a nurse tend to lyra while Brian was tending to Luna in the nicu. The entire time the nurse was tending to lyra was just having the biggest fit. Not long after that they took me to my room in postpartum with baby Lyra. Once we got there I asked the nurse about Luna and she told me it would be at least 12 hours before I got to see my lil girl. I was pretty upset about it. The reason why I had to wait 12 hours is so the spinal could wear off. 12 hours after the surgery would of been 2 am. So I stayed up till them so I could go see her. Once we got down there all I wanted to do was hold her BUT I wasnt able to due to her having all sorts of things hooked up to her. We stayed for about an hour or so then went back to our room where I could not sleep at all. All I could think about was my baby in the nicu. I went down there as often as I could and the next day I finally got to hold her. We stayed in the hospital for 5 days and on the day we were due to go home only lyra was able to go. The entire ride home my heart was breaking because I had to leave my child behind. However she improved soooo much while she was in there that she got to come home the next day. Our family was complete on March 22nd <3.

Baby Lyra 6lbs 2oz 18 3/4'' long born at 2:39 pm

Baby Luna 5lbs 6oz 18 1/2'' long born at 2:41 pm

Last edited by abwright17; April 9th, 2012 at 11:42 PM.
March 31st, 2012, 05:31 PM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
THey're beautiful!!!

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
March 31st, 2012, 05:56 PM
ty =D
April 2nd, 2012, 07:01 AM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How sweet!!! Congrats mama!!

=May '05 and '11

April 2nd, 2012, 07:22 AM
MichelleB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gorgeous girls! Love the laugh in the second picture!

[
April 2nd, 2012, 09:00 AM
JenJen3574's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations and welcome to the world Lyra and Luna.
Once a decade, right?

April 2nd, 2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks ladies =D
April 2nd, 2012, 07:54 PM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
They are beautiful!

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

April 3rd, 2012, 06:12 AM
Super Mommy
Such pretty babies

Joshua - 11/02/05