cautiously joining

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2012, 06:00 AM
kateb10's Avatar Expecting #2!!!
I'm Kate and I'm 25, my DH is 28, and our little girl is 14 months old. We miscarried in late February and lost our babe at 8 wks.

We were so sad and so ready to start trying again, we didn't wait (as the Dr. had advised) until my first period, we got right on it. And I tested negative for HPTs for about a week and then ovulated, and now I'm getting dark lines again!! And I FEEL pregnant.

I had bad cramping two Sundays ago, so I called in to my OB to have an appointment to discuss what was "normal" post miscarriage. Turns out the appointment was Friday morning, and I kept it just to let her know that I was getting positive pregnancy tests again!

To my dismay, she did some probably medically advised things but was not exactly thrilled at me. I think she was mad we hadn't waited. She took bloodwork and then did an ultrasound. From my figuring, I'm 4 weeks 1 day today and we couldn't see anything. She said she thought there was fluid next to an ovary which may mean a new pregnancy, but the other options were residual from miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy!!!

I was so stressed all Firday and sad and just feeling like I shouldn't have even kept that appointment, I should have just waited until I knew I was further along. I know I'm pregnant and I have a good feeling about this baby - but doctor's attitude made me much sadder than I want to be at the beginning of a life.

The OB also mentioned my endometrial lining was thin... so I guess I wait for the numbers from the bloodwork to come back this Tuesday. And hope and pray in the meantime that all is well!

Wife to Stu, Mommy to English Jane (15 months), remembering sweet babe lost Feb. 24 at 8 weeks

April 1st, 2012, 06:05 AM
MissMoto's Avatar Web & Graphic Designer
Welcome Kate! Your age difference between you and your husband are the same as mine (except we both just turned 26 and 29 the past two months). Do you call him an old man too?

I'm sending you my thoughts and prayers; I know how hard it is to lose and then to try again after loss... I've done it three times unfortunately. But hold out hope; I have a good feeling for you!! I am so sorry your doctor gave you such a hard time and made you feel the way that she did... you could always find a new one before all the appointments start!

Many hugs to you
*** Kristina ♡ Rob ***
Roxie Marie {2.29.08} *** Eden Margaret {7.26.09}

*** Robert Charles III {5.24.11} ***
Expecting Vanna Marjorie or Abel Alexander in August 2015!
April 1st, 2012, 12:13 PM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
HUGS Kate - welcome to the Dec DDC & congrats on your pregnancy! I know it's impossible not to worry coming off a loss, but I have seen many women on JM have successful pregnancy immediately following a m/c. Wishing you a very happy & healthy pregnancy!

Swing up to our sticky thread and I'll add you to our due date list

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)
April 1st, 2012, 01:46 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations on your pregnancy and I am sorry that your OB isn't treating you well. What's done is done, why must she make you feel more nervous? I've had 3 miscarriages and my RE told me we could start right away after them. I think it depends on the individual OB or RE's opinion, it's not a standard believe that you must wait to TTC after a miscarriage. Sticky thoughts to you and I agree with the previous poster - there is still time to find another OB with a better attitude!

April 1st, 2012, 02:12 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Congrats and Welcome!! I am 25 as well and my DS will be 14 months on Wednesday! I hope you get some great numbers on Tuesday!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search