Fun Facts! (share yours!)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 1st, 2012, 08:04 AM
*Kristina's Avatar Miss Mommy
We've done this a few times in other DDC's and it's super-fun and a great way to get to know each other! Post a fun fact about yourself, and keep posting - you can post multiple and make multiple replies!

Fun fact for me: I have a nanny that comes to my home to care for my children while my husband and I are at work.... and he's a DUDE. We get a lot of strange looks when we tell people we have a male nanny, but out of all the nannies we interviewed he was the most experienced with daycare, personal nanny, Head Start, and nurse training/experience with all of his certifications in CPR and such. Thanks to him we were ahead on potty training for my girls and they are advanced in their lessons for preschool (couldn't have done it without him!)

April 1st, 2012, 08:27 AM
anna.rose's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not very fun fact filled. LOL! We have a toy poodle and a basset hound. People give us peculiar looks while we walk them because they're kind of a motley crew.
*Kristina likes this.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!
April 1st, 2012, 09:01 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love the dude nanny!
Hmm, fun fact about me is that I have 6 chickens in a little hen house in my backyard. We live in total clean-cut suburbia so we are quite the anomaly. I love my girls so much, they are so entertaining and give us the most delicious and beautiful eggs!
We love keeping them for eggs so much that we are actually adding quail to our backyard and we should be getting quail eggs in a month or so. Yum...
*Kristina and lilemma86 like this.

April 1st, 2012, 09:47 AM
Anna, that is a strange combo, but adorable nonetheless! LOVE basset hounds! What are their names?

Mary, that's so awesome!! I can just picture it. I've never had quail eggs before, are they similar to chicken eggs in taste? My husband's grandparents have chickens and I swear his Grandpa would rather spend time with them than with the family!

April 1st, 2012, 10:22 AM
bug, boo, n boogers mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The dude nanny is awsome!!

We have 2 dogs, a boxer and a german shepherd. We also have 3 cats!
*Kristina likes this.

Thank's to lovinMyGirls for my awsome name siggy!

April 1st, 2012, 02:38 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
I sooo want a nanny and I think we may need one after this baby! haha

I have 2 dogs and a cat.
My DH and I both played college basketball and that is actually how we met! (Huge sports family)
I have done tons of infertility treatments. We conceived my DS using FET after a failed fresh IVF 6 months before. This baby was conceived on our very next IVF!! It was sooo nice not having to wait and struggle too bad!

April 1st, 2012, 04:05 PM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kristina, where do you live in Michigan? I live in DeWitt

Fun fact about me.....I have a 3 lb Yorkie and she is my daughter. Only girl in the house. When we go out she wears hair bows, shirts and dresses. She even has a winter coat....LOL I'm so weird. NO I'm not the crazy lady that puts her dog in a stroller

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

April 1st, 2012, 04:25 PM
Fun Fact:
I have a dog that I rescued from being beaten to death in Egypt. She's happy and healthy - aside from (I think) having headaches (she gets grumpy) and one blind eye.

I also have a kitty that was rescued here in the US.

~Jen
April 1st, 2012, 06:17 PM
sarahp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awwwww poor puppy - good on you for rescuing her!

My fun fact is that I'm in my last semester of university - wahoooooo!!!!!!!!! I will be finished around mid-June and can't wait!

April 2nd, 2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brynnkelley04 View Post
Kristina, where do you live in Michigan? I live in DeWitt

Fun fact about me.....I have a 3 lb Yorkie and she is my daughter. Only girl in the house. When we go out she wears hair bows, shirts and dresses. She even has a winter coat....LOL I'm so weird. NO I'm not the crazy lady that puts her dog in a stroller
I live in Grand Blanc! I actually know where DeWitt is since our local news station covers it on the weather radar I think you're about an hour away from me! And love the doggy wardrobe btw! I had to at the image of a dog in a stroller! Ya know, with your little one on the way, you could always get a double stroller.

Fun fact #2 about me - my husband and I met, got engaged, moved in together, and got married... all within 9 months! Talk about "knowing when it's right" a.k.a. moving fast.

April 2nd, 2012, 07:36 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fun fact about me - I am going to be travelling in Central America for three weeks (during weeks 6-9 of my pregnancy)..... I am not even going to get to hear the heart beat before I leave (I leave on 5w 5d)..... people think I am crazy!

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
April 2nd, 2012, 07:47 AM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Kristina View Post
I live in Grand Blanc! I actually know where DeWitt is since our local news station covers it on the weather radar I think you're about an hour away from me! And love the doggy wardrobe btw! I had to at the image of a dog in a stroller! Ya know, with your little one on the way, you could always get a double stroller.

Fun fact #2 about me - my husband and I met, got engaged, moved in together, and got married... all within 9 months! Talk about "knowing when it's right" a.k.a. moving fast.
Oh yeah, I know where you live. Probably closer to an hour and a half. DeWitt is the 1st city North of Lansing. I will NEVER put my dog in a stroller. Only weirdos do that LOL

Fun Fact about me.....My DH and I travel often for pleasure. We typically go on 2 to 3 Carnival Cruises a year. We have been to over 20 islands. Our next cruise is planned for June 23rd but that will depend on this pregnancy. If I'm doing well and I have doc. permission I will be GONE I will be 16 weeks at that point

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

April 2nd, 2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nina9809 View Post
Fun fact about me - I am going to be travelling in Central America for three weeks (during weeks 6-9 of my pregnancy)..... I am not even going to get to hear the heart beat before I leave (I leave on 5w 5d)..... people think I am crazy!
That sounds exciting Nina! What are you traveling for, just leisure?

April 2nd, 2012, 07:51 AM
Quote:
That sounds exciting Nina! What are you traveling for, just leisure?
Yes, yes - purely for pleasure!! I usually go abroad 4 times per year!!

April 2nd, 2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nina9809 View Post
Yes, yes - purely for pleasure!! I usually go abroad 4 times per year!!
That's so cool! I'd love to travel more often... ya know, outside of traveling to work and to the grocery store. Where have you been to?

April 2nd, 2012, 07:54 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Fun Facts~

1. I am the oldest of 5 Kids. I have the closest relationship with my baby brother who is 5 years younger than me.

2. I have 1 child, Hannah, who is one of my best friends.... She's my mini me...

3. I proposed to my husband (down on one knee and all). DH and I celebrate our 2 year anniversary on April 24th, and have been together almost 5 years.
Becky_78 likes this.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 2nd, 2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishinfor2ndblessing View Post
Fun Facts~

1. I am the oldest of 5 Kids. I have the closest relationship with my baby brother who is 5 years younger than me.

2. I have 1 child, Hannah, who is one of my best friends.... She's my mini me...

3. I proposed to my husband (down on one knee and all). DH and I celebrate our 2 year anniversary on April 24th, and have been together almost 5 years.
#2 - Awww! My 2nd DD is my mini-me and we in particular have an extra-special bond as well. Must be the clone-factor.

#3 - Early happy anniversary to you both!

April 2nd, 2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
That's so cool! I'd love to travel more often... ya know, outside of traveling to work and to the grocery store. Where have you been to?
I've been most places.... even Antarctica!!!
Becky_78 likes this.

April 2nd, 2012, 08:36 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Two months after our honeymoon in Hawaii, the DH and I decided on a Monday night to leave the next day on a second trip to Hawaii I have never pulled a sickie before - but it was the most spontaneous & fun trip we have ever had!!

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

April 2nd, 2012, 09:23 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fun fact #1- we kinda have a small farm with 4horses, some odd number chickens, large pond, a cow, 14 hunting beagles, 2 house dogs (pit bulls), 1 house cat, 1 barn cat, and last but not least a bird!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search