Mom - I said don't tell anybody!!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Becky_78
  • 3 Post By Wishinfor2ndblessing
  • 1 Post By *Kristina
  • 1 Post By IamVillanueva

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2012, 05:59 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love my mother - but seriously???? (I'm sorry this is long...but I need to vent)

I got my BFP last Wednesday - it was faint, but I was super excited. For some reason, my mother called me on the same day, and randomly for 20 minutes was talking about when I was going to have a baby, how great it would be, etc. I made it through the phone conversation without saying anything...but then hung up feeling guilty that I could post it on the JM board but didn't tell my mother.

So I called her back and said, "it's really early but I have a super faint line. I don't want to jinx anything, or get too excited too soon, but I think I might be pregnant. Please don't say anything because it's too soon..." She called me the next day to ask about what the line meant (they didn't have HPTs when she had me) and if I would know by Sunday. I said I was going to get a BT on Friday, but really didn't want to say anything for a while, most likely until after the first U/S.

So my grandfather's 90th birthday party was yesterday. I had a mini-breakdown trying to get ready, as I swear the dress I bought 6 weeks ago could barely contain my boobs. I also started sobbing when my grandfather walked into the room full of 200 people to the Rocky theme song. (I'm an emotional mess). At some point my mom leaned in and asked if the line was darker (if she only knew I've peed on sticks at regular intervals...)

AND this is where it gets dicey, she said, "I think you should tell your father" (who BTW who staring at me with one of those giant grins). I brushed it off, sat down at the table, and my sister asked 4-5 times why I wasn't drinking and if I was pregnant. She then called me after the party to say if I told her I was, she wouldn't say anything. This morning she then posted some cryptic FB status about partying with family - past, present, and future. I found out this morning that her bf actually asked the DH about our TTC status during the party, too! Why couldn't they just talk about the NCAA finals?!?!?!?!?

Now I'm sooooooooo irritated!!! URGH!!!!! I should have just not said anything to my mother...but I really wanted that moment where we shared something special and secret for a while. Now I feel like if I don't tell my Dad soon, he'll feel like I don't trust him to share this info...and it doesn't matter if I tell my sister or not, she's just going to plaster it all over FB. URGH!!!!!!

To make matters worse, the DH and I talked, and his opinion was to wait until the end of April to say anything (which is still early, but he knows I can only contain my excitement for so long). This is just a giant mess and not the way I hoped it would play out.

I love you, Mom - but you've really complicated my life. URGH!!!!

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

April 2nd, 2012, 06:08 AM
OK - this pic makes me smile despite my mood.

Untitled by rebwend, on Flickr
My Grandfather, me, and my boobs!!!
choshojo and KelseyN like this.

April 2nd, 2012, 06:14 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
I am so sorry hun!!!! Hang in there....

BTW Boobs look great and so does grandpa!!!!
*Kristina, nina9809 and Becky_78 like this.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 2nd, 2012, 06:53 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww, such a cute photo! This may sound harsh, but if my mother did this to me, we would have words. I think you should tell her how hurt you are that she violated your confidence. Maybe say something like 20% of pregnancies end in miscarriage and besides, this was MY news and you took away the pleasure of sharing it from me. Good luck dealing with this and sorry this happened to you!
April 2nd, 2012, 07:17 AM
*Kristina's Avatar Miss Mommy
Firstly, I LOVE that your Grandpa came out to the Rocky theme. That is epic!!!

Secondly, I'm so sorry that it worked out this way... but hopefully the news stayed in your immediate family so that you can still announce to the rest of the family? I am sure it's a bummer especially since you and your DH had specific plans for the end of April... Hugs to you hun, and I hope you still get the chance to announce it to the rest of your friends and family so you can feel that excitement you were hoping for!!

April 2nd, 2012, 07:49 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, exactly what I was going to say - your boobs look great!

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
April 2nd, 2012, 07:51 AM
*Kristina's Avatar Miss Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishinfor2ndblessing View Post
BTW Boobs look great and so does grandpa!!!!
This made me ... ditto this!
Becky_78 likes this.

April 2nd, 2012, 08:07 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww I am so sorry some people just cannot contain themselves.... I have not told my hubby yet (going to tonight) and i really would like to wait till 8 weeks to tell my parents but i know it will come out sonner than that.

We had a family party a couple months ago and my grandmother over served her beverage of wine and told a lot of close friends of my parents family we were ttc....

My hubbys mom is loving with us right now and she has no idea that we are were ttcing.

But my friend just found out about 2 weeks ago that they were expecting and her mother went straight to FB and posted something about it before he could tell anyone!! I would have been irate!

I wish you the best and that the emotions get a little easier!

April 2nd, 2012, 08:26 AM
choshojo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sorry, that would be really frustrating! I hope the situation tones down; no pregnant woman should have to deal with family guilt issues and bullpoo!

This is why I love online groups... I can get everything off of my chest without the drama. I was able to tell my playgroup from my youngest all about my BFP excitement & no real-life crap followed. We won't be telling our families until we hear a heartbeat... or maybe even longer still. I'm currently kind of at odds with my in-laws and my dad an I, while close, don't talk all that much, so we probably won't tell him until he visits this summer.

April 2nd, 2012, 09:50 AM
IamVillanueva's Avatar Veteran
Just seeing your boobs is making mine sore!
Becky_78 likes this.
April 2nd, 2012, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamVillanueva View Post
Just seeing your boobs is making mine sore!
hahahahaha

Thanks for getting me over my morning madness! I talked to my mom this afternoon - and she swears she didn't say anything. So either I was being super sensitive and paranoid, or she did tell but now feels really bad about it. I can't fault her for being excited and I kinda expected she might tell my dad (I know I tell my DH everything). I just hope the people I didn't tell would have the decency to pretend not to know...and to be super excited when I spread the news

April 2nd, 2012, 10:24 PM
NorthTXMomof3's Avatar Veteran
Aww. Moms can be the worse. I agree with the ladies. Boobs look great. Hubby must be happy.
April 4th, 2012, 11:52 PM
214momtobe's Avatar Veteran
worried to tell my mom for the same reason

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search