need some reassurance - again

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jessy_Ree

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2012, 05:59 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
this lack of movement has me walking on egg shells.

I know I was feeling my boys by nearly 17 weeks. from memory it was pretty constant. I suppose I could be remembering it wrong.

I feel something once in a great while. I haven't felt baby move in probably 2 days. And when I do it is such tiny movements. I weigh less this time, so I don't think it is extra fat.

Could it be a front lying placenta? A smaller baby? just normal?

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 (9wks) & 3/1/14 (9wks)
Chemical Pregnancy 5/31/15
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 3rd, 2012, 06:05 AM
Veteran
This is my 3rd too and I haven't felt the baby move either. I thought I was feeling some flutters a week or two ago, but haven't felt anything since. At my appointment last week I asked the doc and u/s tech and she said it is absolutely normal not to feel movement yet. It still has me worried just like you. They said by my next appt at 21 weeks I should have definitely started to feel baby. I guess all we can do is wait and know that this is 'normal'. *Hugs*
April 3rd, 2012, 06:08 AM
thank goodness this is normal.

My M/W did say I won't feel more constant movement till 20'ish weeks, but I am still so worried....

Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 3rd, 2012, 06:15 AM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
I am a few weeks behind you, but I'm not really feeling movement either. Maybe a flutter once in a while, thats all.

I think with my first I did not feel consistent movement until 20-22weeks. I'm overweight, so that might be a factor!

April 3rd, 2012, 06:17 AM
GiftsfromGod's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been nervous about this also. I started feeling my first at 14 weeks and my last two I started feeling at 13 weeks. I'm now 16 weeks and have only thought I maybe felt this baby move a few times. I know that at the 13 week u/s they did my placenta mostly in the front and wrapping around the left side so I think that is what is making the difference because with my last three the placenta was no where near the front.
Ruth - Wife to Scott - Mommy to 5 amazing kids. #6 due June 2015

April 3rd, 2012, 06:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Im on baby number 4 and have yet to feel anything that I definitely say is the baby..I also just honestly don't feel pregnant..The nausea still comes and goes but other than that nothing..Im still sleeping on my belly most of the time.
3Sapphires likes this.

April 3rd, 2012, 06:34 AM
Super Mommy
I was a little smaller with my second than my first and I felt her several weeks later than the first. ( 21 vs 18 weeks) This time, I feel a flutter every once in a while, but nothing consistant and sometimes not for days at a time. I'm due 9/12, so I'm 17 weeks tomorrow, but I don't think it's much to worry about.
April 3rd, 2012, 07:02 AM
I often wake up on my belly yet - I am glad I am not alone!

this is very reassuring! I'm glad I'm not in the boat alone!

April 3rd, 2012, 07:46 AM
Veteran
It could be all sorts of things! I'm 17 weeks and I am just starting to get movement more consistently. And by "consistent" I mean "once or twice in a day on a big moving day"

Some babies just don't move a ton either!
April 3rd, 2012, 08:09 AM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When I went for my 17 week appointment, the nurse asked if I was feeling "wiggles" and I said, yes, but that it's very infrequent, and I often question if the "wiggles" are baby or something else, and she said that is completely normal at this point. I would be worried too, if I were you, because I worry about everything. But, I bet in the next week or two, you will feel more. Maybe you just have a lazy baby right now.

April 3rd, 2012, 08:50 AM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
It is completely normal. That being said, I worried about it last time with my 3rd baby because I thought I had been feeling something every day and then nothing for a couple days. Doc ordered an ultrasound and then everything was totally fine! My doctor said until after at least 20 weeks you shouldn't worry about inconsistent movements. Now, he said if you're 30 weeks that's another matter entirely and you should definitely let him know if you don't feel much movement.
April 3rd, 2012, 09:49 AM
wishfulgal
I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow and I *think* I felt some movement over the weekend. But nothing definite since then. With my son I was for sure 17 weeks before I felt ANYTHING at all, and 20ish weeks before it was consistent. We definitely aren't at the stage where we can do kick counts or count on feeling movement consistently, but I can't wait until I can! My doppler is the only thing that has kept me from totally freaking out.
April 3rd, 2012, 10:22 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Everyone is different and at this point i would not worry! I started feeling movement at 14 weeks but would have a week go by without feeling anything!! It bummed me out. Right before i got to 18 weeks i started feeling stronger movements every day. Now its definitely consistent and i feel baby at least 3 times a day usually more but it came so suddenly! It went from almost never to daily. Give it some time and it'll happen I can't rememember when it happened with DS but i want to say it wasn't until around 20 weeks it was consistent.

April 3rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd definitely say it's normal! I know it can be nerve racking though! I can't wait until we can all feel consistent movement daily and not have to have this worry!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search