Sneaky mommies!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2012, 07:25 AM
*Kristina's Avatar Miss Mommy
So how is everyone doing sneaking around, hiding their pregnancies? What fun ways are you being sneaky, and have you nearly been busted yet?

Haven't told anyone at work yet, let alone family, yet I'm sitting here browsing this site right on my work laptop where people could walk right up and see. Lots of super-fast last-second minimizing, needless to say!

April 3rd, 2012, 09:34 AM
jacesmomma's Avatar Veteran
I had a belly bug that i'm still getting over (seriously!) and my mom's been calling to check on me. well, yesterday morning the only thing i could think of that would make my nausea ease up was pickles. I even TOLD MY MOM about the pickles and my bestie. They both kept asking me if i was pregnant and i swore no (i didnt know yet). then i came home and took a test and there was a positive! i told my bestie yesterday but waiting til 10 weeks or so to tell any family.

April 3rd, 2012, 10:21 AM
IamVillanueva's Avatar Veteran
I haven't told anyone either. Noone is suspicious, so I don't have to be very sneaky. My only problem is my 8 yr old daughter. She is so nosy, always looking over my shoulder when I'm on the internet. I have had a lot of speedy mimimizing as well! She was also with me when I picked up some prenatal vitamins and kept asking why I needed them since I never take vitamins.

My 5 yr old DD was with me when I went to the doc's for the test. I told her we were just making sure I had healthy pee! That was good enough for her and she congratulated me on having healthy pee!
April 3rd, 2012, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamVillanueva View Post
My 5 yr old DD was with me when I went to the doc's for the test. I told her we were just making sure I had healthy pee! That was good enough for her and she congratulated me on having healthy pee!
That is simultaneously the cutest and funniest thing ever!! Congrats on healthy pee, momma! She sounds adorable

April 3rd, 2012, 12:21 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not too much sneaking around yet, but I will when my mother comes down for a visit next week! She is super nosy and loves to snoop bless her heart, so I will need to make sure all HPTs are well hidden.
April 3rd, 2012, 02:17 PM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are going out of town for the rest of the week and I hope my mil will not nosy while we are gone cuz she will find a slew of them!! If it were left up to me I could hold out till 8wks but the dh is way to excited! He want to tell my dad so much today but I would not let him. I am still to miss my af yet so I am being very cautious. I really really wanna tell my best friend that is 12 weeks along!! But I will wait until about 10ish of so
April 3rd, 2012, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilemma86 View Post
We are going out of town for the rest of the week and I hope my mil will not nosy while we are gone cuz she will find a slew of them!! If it were left up to me I could hold out till 8wks but the dh is way to excited! He want to tell my dad so much today but I would not let him. I am still to miss my af yet so I am being very cautious. I really really wanna tell my best friend that is 12 weeks along!! But I will wait until about 10ish of so
Oh my gosh!! That is SO awesome that your best friend is pregnant at the same time!! I gotta say, when was pregnant with my son (my youngest) I met someone who is now one of my best friends in my DDC (and literally lived only 5 minutes away from me, yet we never met!) and it was THE greatest thing to have a friend to be pregnant at the same time with.

April 4th, 2012, 08:55 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well drinking decaf coffee might be making people suspicious......

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
April 4th, 2012, 09:00 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I'm dying to tell people! We'll tell our family on Easter and it seems so far away. I keep wanting to tell some friends that have been praying for us too, but I'm restraining myself. I don't want to tell until we hear a h/b at least, but maybe not until the 2nd trimester. I did go to the chiropractor and blurted it out when he asked how I was doing.

April 4th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I have almost told so many, but we decided to just hold out till people can't help but notice! I think that will happen around June or July, but it owuld be great if it doesn't happen till Aug or Sept!!! Oh my daughter knows, but she was there when I POS and she is super excited and praying for a sister!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search