Update on me - Hodgkins

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2012, 09:03 AM
Mrs_Crystal_K's Avatar Super Mommy
Hey ladies, I thought I'd give ya'll a quick update....

I had my bone marrow biopsy last Tuesday and they also placed the chemo port in my neck. My Oncologist had an OB Anesthesiologist there for me so I could be sedated with Phenergan and not feel any pain. They also had a nurse come down from L&D to check Bub's heartbeat before and after the procedures; nice and strong! The procedures were a breeze but I was in some pretty serious pain Wednesday and Thursday.

I got the call on Friday morning that my bone marrow biopsy came back NORMAL; the cancer has not spread to my bones.

Friday afternoon I had my MRI (they couldn't do a CT scan because of the pregnancy) and I got those results yestereday and those were also NORMAL. The cancer has not spread to any other lymph nodes so far. I was SO relieved!!!

They put me at Stage II because of the size and severity of the tumor they removed. There are still cancer cells floating around in my body, so I do still have to have chemo.

My first chemo will be next Friday, and they will continue every-other Friday for 6 months. I will be 16w1d when chemo starts. My last chemo will be Sept 14. If Bub goes to at least 38 weeks I will hopefully be done with chemo by the time he is born. That would be ideal!

I'm confident I will get through this, so my main worry now is my little Bub. I hope he can stay strong, keep growing, and fight this right along with his mama! Please pray for his strength.

Diagnosed with Stage II Hodgkin's Lymphoma on 3/23/12 at 13w1d pregnant.
April 3rd, 2012, 09:07 AM
YumPickles's Avatar Veteran
That all sounds like wonderful news! I hope you will have an easy time with the chemo and will keep you in my thoughts.

April 3rd, 2012, 09:14 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is fantastic news! I am so thankful it has not spread!!!!!

You are on my mind! Praying for you and bub. you are both strong and will be great fighters!!!!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 (9wks) & 3/1/14 (9wks)
Chemical Pregnancy 5/31/15
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 3rd, 2012, 09:20 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you got it at an early stage! And that they were able to give you sedation for the bone marrow biopsy. I was worried about you because they hurt really bad without any sedation, so I am so, so, so happy to hear you got some!!!

I hope your chemo goes well and you're all done and in remission by the time the baby comes. Big, big, hugs.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

April 3rd, 2012, 09:22 AM
Veteran
So happy to hear such great news from you Crystal. I have been thinking about you and will pray for your continued strength while you fight this battle. *Hugs*
April 3rd, 2012, 09:31 AM
Thanks ladies

Now, I'm just trying to prepare myself for losing my hair. I know that's totally irrelevant to the big picture, but I'm having a hard time coming to terms with that. If anyone brings it up I start crying instantly. I've always had super thick, hearty hair and get compliments on it all the time. I know the day I shave it off is going to be tough

April 3rd, 2012, 09:40 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You will be just as beautiful with no hair as you are with it! Think of it as a small speed bump in the scheme of things. Hair grows back, and you will have long locks again in no time. And the good thing is, your bub won't be able to yank it when he is 4 or 5 months! That hurts! LOL So happy things are looking good for you.
Brandiwine3 likes this.

April 3rd, 2012, 09:45 AM
Super Mommy
Oh Crystal! I am SOOOOO glad to hear the good news! You and your baby are in my prayers every single day, and will continue to be. I'm thanking our Lord for the day when you tell us you are cancer FREE!! Love and hugs to you sweetie. I'm proud of you for being so strong!
April 3rd, 2012, 09:49 AM
Bobb's Avatar Veteran
Oh my, this is such a mind-blowing situation. I'm sending you positive vibes, I hope you overcome this and enjoy a healthy life with a beautiful Bub in your arms. I wish you all the best !

April 3rd, 2012, 09:50 AM
Brandiwine3's Avatar Veteran
I agree with Ashley! You are beautiful now and will continue to be with or without hair. Crystal, I really admire your courage and strength. One day, you will be able to look back on all of this as a stepping stone in your journey. So relieved that the cancer has not spread. Now, on to getting you in complete remission and completely whole and healthy again! You've got much, much bigger things ahead of you - like meeting and holding your Bub for the 1st time. Thank you for keeping us posted. We will all continue to pray for you and lil one.
April 3rd, 2012, 09:52 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Crystal i'm so glad that you caught this early and that you didn't feel pain during the biopsy!! Also what a relief that it has not spread!! That is great news I can understand how losing your hair will be difficult but i know you will be just as beautiful and it will be so worth it. You are so strong! Of course i'll continue to pray.

April 3rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Sounds like you got some great news. I am so thankful it hasn't spread. My thoughts & prayers are still with you and baby. You are a beautiful woman, hair or no hair and incredibly strong!!!
April 3rd, 2012, 10:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
great news!!! you are a strong woman and will beat this no problem!!

April 3rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
Thank you so much for the update. I have been thinking about you non stop but didnt want to ask you for an update until you were ready to share the news with us. I am so glad that nothing has spread. FIGHT like the strong women and lil man inside you are! HUGS

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
April 3rd, 2012, 11:12 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much for updating us!!! I am absolutely thrilled to see so many positive results you have received and that your little bub is doing well.

I know it is going to be so hard to lose your hair. But I agree with previous posts, you are going to be as beautiful as you are now. Think of it as a daily reminder of how lucky you are to have caught this so early and use it as a motivation to get well.

Honestly, your bravery and strength astounds me. I am keeping you, your bub and your family in my daily thoughts. Thank you again for updating us

Ashley
Ashley
April 3rd, 2012, 11:15 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm so glad you got some good news! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
April 3rd, 2012, 11:25 AM
momma_d's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Crystal I am so happy to hear that it has not spread! I have been wondering about how things were going with you so I'm glad you popped in for an update. It sounds like you have so much to cope with right now, and I can't even imagine what whirlwind of emotions you are battling right now!

Would you consider getting a wig? One of my best friends Mom wears wigs because her hair is so thin and sparse and I have NO idea it wasn't her hair... and I have grown up with their family. They make them so you can't even tell these days!

I will continue to pray for good news and strength for you and the baby!!

Danielle, Wife to Brian, Mommy to Keira & Kynlee

April 3rd, 2012, 11:46 AM
palmetto_moon's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am SOOOOO happy to see this update. I have thinking of you constantly!!!!
You are so beautiful, I think you'll be just as georgous with or without hair.
I am praying for you and your little bean. SO THRILLED that there is no cancer spreading to your bones or other lymphs. I am rejoicing for you right now!!!!

Thank you Kiliki for my awesome siggy!

visit our family blog at www.stalkedbythestork.com
April 3rd, 2012, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma_d View Post
Would you consider getting a wig? One of my best friends Mom wears wigs because her hair is so thin and sparse and I have NO idea it wasn't her hair... and I have grown up with their family. They make them so you can't even tell these days!

I will continue to pray for good news and strength for you and the baby!!
Yeah, I will probably get 1 wig for going out, taking pictures, etc. But I probably won't wear it on a daily basis. I definitely want one for pictures at my baby shower and maternity photos. They can be SO incredibly expensive though. I've actually heard some health insurance providers will help with the expense so I'm checking into that

April 3rd, 2012, 12:59 PM
Veteran
((HUGS)) Thinking of you! SO glad to hear it hasn't spread!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search