Scared, Confused, I dunno...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2012, 06:44 PM
Elevin26's Avatar Super Mommy

Hi there so I guess I belong here, but not 100% sure. I have been lurking for a while and decided to just jump in. DH and I decided mid March to start not trying, but not preventing type thing. We had the talk 2 weeks ago and what do ya know I am not late and 6 BFP's later maybe it is starting to hit me. I am just nervous and scared cause this is our 1st and I had no clue it would happen that fast!
I had an appointment scheduled with a new gyn for a routine checkup for this Thursday and called them to ask about the BFP and they let me keep the same date just changed the appointment.
I am just lost, like what do I expect at this appointment? I keep taking tests to see if still there and everyone is positive, just some don't seem to be getting darker?
I just don't know I have been lurking and seeing things about betas? and HC levels? But I have had no real symptoms though either. I have been a little more tired I guess, but nothing else. I had cramping like before AF type and loss of appetite, but today feeling actually fine. No nausea, no vomiting, nothing.
Guess I am just scared of getting too excited too early ya know? Don't want to jinx anything and scared it's not developing and I am doing something wrong.

Ok sorry for so long, just needed to get this out and we aren't telling anyone yet and I just need a hug and told I am fine and normal to feel this way.
April 3rd, 2012, 07:22 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
YOu are def normal to feel like this during your first pregnancy. Everything will be fine hun. enjoy every minute of this blessing God has given to you. Cant wait to go through this journey together !!!!! My name is KIm btw mom of 3 got my BFP at 10DPO after 7 long stressful cycles
Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013
Miscarriage at 8 weeks 1 day November 27 2014

April 3rd, 2012, 07:26 PM
*Kristina's Avatar Miss Mommy
Hi hun! First of all: to you! And congrats!

It is of course normal to feel nervous and a big ol' range of emotions! I'm sure it'll be 9 months full of emotions for you. I still remember when I was pregnant with my first daughter and the entire pregnancy with rollercoaster emotions and it took a long time to sink in... Realistically, it didn't fully sink in that I was going to be a momma until I WAS a momma, the day she was born.

Pregnancy is definitely "an experience," but it's always great to find the moments during pregnancy that you enjoy. Just wait til you feel the kicks and the flutters!

The first appointment you may have a pap smear if you have not had one in the last year. If you are far enough along, they may use a dopplar on your tummy to listen for the heartbeat. They'll probably have you do a pregnancy test and leave a urine sample, and may take blood to start out with some of the basic tests. Most of all, they'll help you answer questions you may have and direct you on what to expect in the upcoming months. This is all based on the generic OB visits I have had with each pregnancy.

The betas aren't exactly necessary, and in fact I didn't have them done with my first two pregnancies, only my second when they were concerned (though they aren't only done for concerning reasons). Do not worry if they do not do these with you (or do not worry if they do!)

And also, keep in mind that every woman is different when it comes to symptoms and when they occur. And even further, every pregnancy is different too! Each of mine were different when it came to what symptoms and when they hit.

I hope some of this helped, and if you have any questions don't be afraid to keep posting! Wishing you the best of luck!

April 3rd, 2012, 07:54 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations and welcome!! So exciting and ditto everything that Kristina said!

April 4th, 2012, 09:44 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations and welcome!! Post some pics!!

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
April 4th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes everything you are feeling is completely normal. I've been through this 2x before and I still worry at times. Don't worry you will be fine.

Congratulations to you!!! Looking forward to getting to know you!!!!!
April 4th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Elevin26's Avatar Super Mommy
Thanks guys! Glad to know I am not crazy. I have my first appointment tomorrow morning to confirm everything. Hoping things go smoothly through it all! DH is so excited and I am just nervous and praying that it really is there.
Oh yeah my name is Julee. Hope to get to know everyone.
April 5th, 2012, 12:38 AM
214momtobe's Avatar Veteran
I understand how you feel!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search