Madison's Birth Story 03/31/2012

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SAHM_To_2

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2012, 05:48 PM
SAHM_To_2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK so at my 36 week appt I was dialated to 2cm and 50% effaced & 37 week appt I was dialated to 2cm and 80% effaced.
At my 28 week checkup I was 4 cm- stretchable to 5cm, and my DR said "see you tonight".. to have baby..

nothing..

The following day I was bleeding heavily red so my DR told me to rush in and get checked. Turns out I was 5cm's fully and it was just "show". They had me walk and try to get myself into labor- but 17 flights of stairs later and alot of flat walking.. NOTHING.. we opted to go home.

The following evening we were watching tv, and GUSH.. my water broke in the chair.. We called me bestest friend to come stay with our son(she just happened to be home the night prior and had told us she was available!) She rushed over and off we went to the hospital!

It was 100% my water and I was told again to walk/walk/walk.. no change.. and they wouldn't let me go home since i went 6-10cm in 30 mins with my son..

We spent the night roaming the hallways and since they let you go 24 hours after your water has broken.. we spent the day in the hospital until 9pm that night. At 10 they took me into a room for induction. Started induction at 11. I walked 30 mins and got checked and my meds bumped up and walked again etc.. NOTHING at all until 2:30.. they were floored. The Nurse said "get some rest and she'd check on me again shortly". We got comfy and laid down for literally 3 mins, and BAM.. I was IN excrutiating pain.. I opted for the epidural immediately since I was robbed of getting it last time, cuz they put it in and I didnt get to use it, as I went too fast)
I was in so much pain I Laid down getting it.. I didnt even know they did that!

By the time that was done (5 mins) I was 7cm, and each contraction gave me another cm..

I was 10 cm and pushed 4 times to get her out. She was born at 3:40am. No battle scars down there- YAY.. and I got up and walked to the shower as soon as they finished cleaning everything up. I went up to my room at 7am, and Hubby headed home to our son and to relieve my friend who spent 1 nights with our son.. and We got to go home the following morning at 11am.

It was an awsome experience and the last labor experinece I will ever have!

I am 3 days post labor and am also in my pre-prego jeans and am needing a belt! YAHOO!!
JennLynn_ likes this.
April 4th, 2012, 06:55 AM
JenJen3574's Avatar Super Mommy
Glad you are happy with how everything went. Welcome Madison.
Once a decade, right?

April 4th, 2012, 06:50 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great birth story!!! CONGRATS mama!!

=May '05 and '11

April 8th, 2012, 05:34 PM
*Crystal*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great story! Congrats again
April 10th, 2012, 05:55 PM
adi&co.
so glad you had a trustworthy person to watch your son and that everything went well!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search