UPDATED: First appointment after all!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2012, 08:20 AM
*Kristina's Avatar Miss Mommy
UPDATE
I have experienced another chemical pregnancy. And due to the harshness I've received in this thread, I do not plan to go into any more detail and I will not return to this thread to read any replies because I'm sure there will be some negative ones. I am not a pot-stirrer, and I want to leave on a positive note despite this heartache. But thank you SO MUCH to everyone who left positive messages, and who have been so kind from the beginning. This is hard to take, and I am/was grateful for the support most of you showed. I wish you all so much luck in your pregnancies, a happy and health 9 months, and that it may be as easy and as comfortable as it could possibly be!

Well I wasn't planning on getting an appointment scheduled until much later on, but DH convinced me that I needed to check things out sooner rather than later considering our pregnancy history... So I called up my OB from my last pregnancy and chatted with him. I think I'm going to stick with him after all! He immediately spazzed and pretty much told me to get my booty in his office tomorrow so we could do an ultrasound to make sure everything is going alright, take a test, run some betas, etc. Didn't think I was going to bother checking everything so soon, but why not, right? I'm excited for it now! And my OB is right, I really should be more proactive considering I've had two miscarriages and a chemical pregnancy (the latter being right before conceiving my son, and then I conceived my son and had that crazy time with my numbers being low). Now I just have to not get my hopes up on having that kind of expedited service every time I try and make an appointment!

Wish me luck ladies!!

Edited to add (because people are confused I guess? But thank you to everyone who is supportive!):::
I am considered high risk, I have a history of both miscarriages and a chemical pregnancy (which is still a miscarriage, but before the baby has a heartbeat). The only reason I do not have my BFP yet is because I haven't tested myself yet. I am going to the OB to get the actual test done. This is the same OB that detected my chemical pregnancy right before I conceived my son. He is going to test my HCG levels. This is exactly what he did for me in my last pregnancy with my son, where my numbers were all wonky and he feared another miscarriage (which obviously didn't happen) and because I never tested myself then either - just went right in and had it all done in one visit early on due to my history. If it is exactly like that appointment from my previous pregnancy, he'll do a vaginal ultrasound to see if he can even see the gestational sac, though he said I may be too early for that but he could check anyway. If I'm pregnant and my numbers are doing the same thing as last pregnancy, then he starts me on the progesterone cream treatment most likely (again, like last time). This is all to make sure that we catch things early, if there is anything to catch.
Becky_78 likes this.

Last edited by *Kristina; April 6th, 2012 at 05:24 AM.
April 4th, 2012, 08:23 AM
dickersons09's Avatar Expecting #2
Whoo Hoo!! Keep us updated on your first appt :-)
April 4th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck!!!

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

April 4th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck to you! Keep us updated on what you find out!
April 4th, 2012, 09:15 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I thought you hadn't even got your bfp yet???
Diamond2009 likes this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
April 4th, 2012, 09:50 AM
brynnkelley04's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good Luck! Can't wait to hear the results

Brynn 30,
Rich 41, Marcus 11, Gavin 8
~~IVF #4 using Donor Eggs=BFP
~~April 18th 1st U/S=TWINS! Baby A 128bpm Baby B 124bpm

April 4th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nina9809 View Post
I just haven't tested myself. I never tested myself on my last pregnancy with my son, I just knew. But before my last was when I had my chemical pregnancy and I've had two miscarriages, and this OB had caught my chemical pregnancy. So he wants me to come in for some tests (like the betas) and take a look around to see if everything's looking alright. Just being cautious considering my history, like I said.

April 4th, 2012, 11:41 AM
ninja_mommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck tomorrow!

Oct '11 June '12
April 4th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Thank you ladies! I've been crampy lately so it'll be reassuring to get tested tomorrow straight by my OB. I'll be more MIA since I'll be home (aside from the appointment of course) as opposed to at work, which gives me all my free computer time but I'll try to get on as soon as I can to give updates!

April 4th, 2012, 01:45 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Let us know how the appt goes! Crossing fingers for a BFP!
April 4th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
GL, Fxd for you... KUP

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 4th, 2012, 02:02 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Good luck!
April 4th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by nina9809 View Post
I was thinking the same thing? I'm confused...... Did you get your BFP already? How many DPO are you ?

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

April 4th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond2009 View Post
I was thinking the same thing? I'm confused...... Did you get your BFP already? How many DPO are you ?
I already replied to this above... I am not sure what is so confusing, but I guess you did not read my response so I will reiterate...

I am considered high risk, I have a history of both miscarriages and a chemical pregnancy (which is still a miscarriage, but before the baby has a heartbeat). The only reason I do not have my BFP yet is because I haven't tested myself yet. I am going to the OB to get the actual test done. This is the same OB that detected my chemical pregnancy right before I conceived my son. He is going to test my HCG levels. This is exactly what he did for me in my last pregnancy with my son, where my numbers were all wonky and he feared another miscarriage (which obviously didn't happen) and because I never tested myself then either - just went right in and had it all done in one visit early on due to my history. If it is exactly like that appointment from my previous pregnancy, he'll do a vaginal ultrasound to see if he can even see the gestational sac, though he said I may be too early for that but he could check anyway. If I'm pregnant and my numbers are doing the same thing as last pregnancy, then he starts me on the progesterone cream treatment most likely (again, like last time). This is all to make sure that we catch things early, if there is anything to catch.

I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone who left a supportive comment for me. Having to explain this over and over sucks especially since it involves continuously talking about my losses...

April 4th, 2012, 06:53 PM
First of all....i'm not a idiot so dont talk to me like i am one. I just think its weird how you have a siggy already made that you are expecting #4 but never had a BFP yet. Isnt that jumping the gun hence why i am soooo confused. No need to respond back in that ignorant sarcastic manner.....i simply asked how many DPO you were no need to jump down my throat.

Forever in our hearts

April 4th, 2012, 07:23 PM
miss diamond totally agrees i have two children n didnt know anything with th first the second well i suspected took hpt n then went to doctor to confirm i just find it wierd that kritina u have a siggy that says u r expecting n havent even done a test u havent even gone throught implant u cant expect to be prego just because u did the deed dnt jump your guns before u know for sure
April 5th, 2012, 01:32 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Any update?
April 5th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Regular
/onpinsandneedles

How did it go?

Hope all is well!
April 5th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Kissthegirl's Avatar Happily Married & TTC #1
Lurking... (which, I don't believe in lurking in DDCs when I haven't gotten a BFP yet... but a lot of my favorite ladies are here, so it's hard )

I can see both sides here... I can see where you definitely need encouragement, and I, along with the others truly hope you get your BFP today, or when you test. I'm sorry for your losses; I too know what's it's like to have suffered through a chemical (the only way I knew I had one was by testing early, Bad Michelle! and getting positives... and then AF came late). So, I definitely get the heart break and I'm truly sorry you've felt that; and I, along with others can definitely understand why you would be on pins and needles to get tested early by your doc, to avoid anything happening in the future.

I think the confusion comes in for some ladies is b/c you went ahead and had an unhonest siggie made stating that you have a '4th on the way' when you don't even know for sure you do or not.

I replied to this thread b/c I guess it struck me as odd. I would LOVE (getting choked up! Gosh!) to have a new siggie made stating that I can expect my 1st baby in December (DH & I have been at this for 15 months now & obviously having a harder time than most), but that would be unhonest until I actually *knew* I was expecting.

Best of luck to you! Hope you get some good news today or tomorrow!

P.S. - Your children are gorgeous!
Diamond2009, Caerus and rlh27 like this.

After 35 months of TTC (3 failed IUIs, 18 failed months on Clomid, 2HSGs, 1 D&C, and a Laparoscopy diagnosing Stage 2 Endometriosis) God has granted us our prayers and I am pregnant with our 1st baby! Due in March 2015!!

Last edited by Kissthegirl; April 5th, 2012 at 05:13 PM.
April 5th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself Michelle

Forever in our hearts

Closed Topic

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search