First appointment question

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK - so my LMP started March 1st - but according to the OPKs I ovulated Mar 18. When I go to the first appointment, do you think it will be way overbearing and too type A to bring my FF chart? I was looking at the forms to fill out, and it doesn't ask when you ovulated - just for your LMP. Should I offer up the info anyway?

Also, they said that they see patients starting week 6 (it's standard for them to do an U/S at the first appointment). If I go by LMP date, I will be 6w1d...do we think this is OK? I never thought I would be so caught up in the semantics of a few days...

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

April 4th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Most doctors will primarily go by LMP, but I would definitely mention to them that you were charting, and you know when you ovulated, and have them make a note of that in your chart. That way, if things look a little "behind" according to your LMP, you and your doc won't be needlessly concerned. This early on a day or two can make a difference!
April 4th, 2012, 09:14 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, it's a tough one. You see if you are 6w1d by lmp, they will expect to see a heart beat - but really you are earlier..... I think you should just let them know!

And don't be surprised if you don't hear the heartbeat if you really are under 6 weeks!

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
April 4th, 2012, 09:34 AM
IamVillanueva's Avatar Veteran
If I recall, an u/s done in the first 8 weeks is very accurate in dating the age of the peanut (i'm not sure if they're fetus' yet or still zygots?) So regardless of lmp or charts, you should know the age and can compare to your chart.

Have fun with the u/s. I'm jealous. We don't have any reason to do an early u/s, so it'll be a while until I see the bean!
April 4th, 2012, 09:51 AM
kateb10's Avatar Expecting #2!!!
I would definitely tell your doc that you know your date of ovulation, but you probably won't need your chart.

And I think it's fine that you are going in at 6w 1 day by LMP, but I would be prepared to not see a heartbeat yet since you ovulated later. If you really want to see the heartbeat the first time you have an u/s, I would maybe change the appointment by a week. But if it's fine with you to see before the heartbeat, go for it!!!

Excited to hear how it goes.

Kate

Wife to Stu, Mommy to English Jane (15 months), remembering sweet babe lost Feb. 24 at 8 weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search