Sharing the good news

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Wishinfor2ndblessing

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
So who has come out about their pregnancy? If you have, share with us how that went and how do you feel about it? For those that haven't, when do you plan on sharing? Doing anything special?

Well as stated on another post.....DH insisted on sharing w close friends and immediate family, pretty much the ones that knew we were TTC....well I think it's out more than my liking but nothing I can do about it now so just praying for a healthy pregnancy.

Raina, did you tell DD? How that go?

Thank you Jaidynsmum

April 4th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Regular
My boss did a stupid thing...

I have been ttc for a while now and have been using ovulatory drugs (since I don't ovulate regularly on my own). The drugs had been giving me some nasty side effects, so my boss and my team knew I was on them (kinda hard to hide feeling really crappy at work). Well a couple days ago (after my first blood test to confirm) I was eating saltines and just didn't feel (or look) well. My boss comes in and says "you're pregnant." I didn't want to tell him but I didn't want to lie, so I said "yes, but its super early so don't tell anyone!" Well fast forward a few hours later and he announces it in front of all of the managers in my company!!! ARGGGGHHH I was so mad! We had words about it later, I told him it wasn't his place and that it was rude of him to violate my wishes. But - what are you gonna do? I had to get over it.

I also told my MIL, only because she came over to visit and I threw up. Kinda hard to hide that! She is super awesome though and won't tell anyone. She knows its early and although I know she is probably VERY happy, she didn't make a big deal of it. I my MIL.

My Best Friend also knows, but other than that no one else knows!
April 4th, 2012, 12:45 PM
crystalcherry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After 3 mc's over the years I have been scared to tell anyone with all of my pg's. DH was standing there when I got my BFP and we were both in shock. We agreed to not tell anyone for a while. A couple of days later I overheard him telling the kids while I was doing laundry. Our oldest DS had a baseball tournament that night & people kept coming up & telling me congratulations. I found out DS#2 had told everyone he saw, including our family! So much for keeping a secret for a few more weeks.
April 4th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I told my sister and my best friend. We're debating about telling my parents. I only want to tell people that I'd be comfortable telling if I had a miscarriage, since I've already had one. Part of me wants to wait to tell my parents, as it would be more exciting for them if I was more "out of the woods" when I told them, but I also kinda want my mom's support now (yeah, I'm 33 and I still want my mom!) as I feel pretty sick and am super nervous...

As long as my 2nd beta comes back ok tomorrow, I think I will send them flowers this weekend for Easter from us & baby... Any other ideas for sharing the news long-distance?
April 4th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
My family knows, and we are telling my MIL tonight... I would rather have the support system if (knock on wood) something does go wrong....

We told DD Monday night... I have to see if I can upload a video of it... it was so cute.... I put her "Big sister" shirt inside and easter egg, and then put that egg inside another easter egg... Once she got to the shirt and read it, she looked kinda confused.... so I said "Baby, do you know what that means?" She sat there for a moment still confused, and then this light came on... and she whispered "Your gonna have a baby???" and I said "yes" and all of a sudden she got reall excited and did this fist pumping "yes" it wa so cute. DD has been kissing my belly every day since.... She's already smitten... She keeps look at me and saying "I wish it was December already" God, I love this girl.
Butterbear, rlh27 and Momma_Mia like this.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 4th, 2012, 01:06 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
We'll tell our parents and siblings on Easter. We just thought that would be a perfect day Everyone else, probably after that first u/s at 9 weeks. Maybe after the 1st trimester is over, if I can hide it. I do have a few friends that have been praying for us, so I'll probably let them know soon. I'm not sure how to tell people other than "Hey guess what? We're expecting!" I'll have to google creative ideas...
April 4th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We've told a few people... hard for me to hide it at work too and pretty much everyone knows about our two losses and that we were gonna keep trying. We might be telling the in-laws tonight, if DH decides it's okay... he's the one feeling a little superstitious, I'm all for announcing it to the world - I'm excited!

April 4th, 2012, 11:25 PM
214momtobe's Avatar Veteran
I want to tell everyone, my hubby wants to be a little more certain-I get that-so I have only told my best friend in the whole world and all of you!
April 5th, 2012, 01:47 PM
mummy2jade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mummy2jade
I have told my sister as we are very close other than that i wont be tellling anyone till after 12 week scan

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search