A bunch of random thoughts

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes
  • 1 Post By Becky_78
  • 3 Post By rlh27
  • 1 Post By IamVillanueva
  • 1 Post By momof8lopez
  • 1 Post By MarlowesMum
  • 1 Post By Diamond2009
  • 1 Post By BeckyBozeman
  • 3 Post By gardenbelle
  • 2 Post By lilemma86
  • 2 Post By nina9809
  • 2 Post By Butterbear

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Seriously...what is with my new found love of eggs????? I've never liked them before and now I crave them all the time. Even while I'm eating them, my brain is saying, "you don't even like eggs - you're going to gag" - but my taste buds are like, "nope - right now they're alright!"

2. Since I ovulated, I have lost 5 pounds. I'm not sure how or why. I did change my eating habits a little bit - switched to decaf coffee, eating a little less sweets, trying to eat more fruit and veg - but nothing drastic enough to drop 5 pounds. Not that I'm complaining - What to Expect When You're Expecting would be happy - it's just a little weird. Is anyone else feeling bloated but losing weight???

3. I keep running into old co-workers that are extremely intrigued about what I'm doing to find a new job. Some are even sending me job postings. I don't want to tell everyone that "I'm preggers, back off!!" because it is still so early - but seriously, I am - so back off!!! And I didn't plan on getting a degree and then being a SAHM - but the more I think about it the better it sounds.

4. How do you not tell people?? Especially if they ask you point blank?? I am an awful liar. Yesterday I had some lunch with friends, and we were literally together for less than a minute when they both asked, are you pregnant? I tried to say no, but my face got all red and bothered. It's not that I want to tell people - I just need some sort of stock answer I can practice in the mirror.

5. What exactly is attachment parenting? And how is that different than smothering? I ran across this term when reading up about infant potty training this morning. I don't know how I feel about this.

6. Does anyone else who was actively TTC now feel a little lost as to what to do with their time? I wake up and don't have to temp. I'm not POAS or checking my CM or CP. I'm not obsessively looking at my chart on FF (even though I have like 10 months left of the VIP membership) - I've even taken to really stalking other people's charts on FF. I just feel like I have all this extra time and energy that I was using to plan for the BFP - and now I don't know what to do with myself.

7. Does anyone else have moments where it just doesn't feel real? Like I know I am pregnant, but most of the symptoms have dissipated, and there's nothing for me to do really except sit and wait. Dum, di, dum...just waiting for the doc appointment I guess...

That's it for now...I'm sure there's a million other things I'll have to tell you later
nina9809 likes this.

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

April 5th, 2012, 12:09 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
My mom says that eggs are the best thing a pregnant woman can eat. I just got a bunch to hard boil for an afternoon snack.

I've lost 3lbs since ovulation not doing anything drastic either... but yet I'm so bloated none of my pants fit. If I got rid of the bloat I wonder how much I'd weigh. Who knew early pregnancy could mean weightloss, lol?

DH is dying to tell our families, but my parents just put their dog down yesterday, so the timing doesn't seem right. My OB called my office today and a coworker picked up and I was scared she'd figure out from the caller ID. She didn't PHEW! But yeah, after trying for 9 months, I want to shout it from the rooftop.

I keep looking at my FF chart still thinking I'll see something different that tells me I'm pregnant, like I did every other month. Then it clicks that I don't need to do that, lol.

And it DEFIANTLY doesn't feel real yet. No matter how many positive HPTs I see it seems unreal. Like for real? In December I'm going to be a mommy? How is that possible? Yet, it's what I worked so hard for, so why am I so shocked?
nina9809, Kissthegirl and Becky_78 like this.
April 5th, 2012, 12:11 PM
IamVillanueva's Avatar Veteran
Whew, I got tired just reading that post! Just kidding, I know how you feel. I wasn't ttc, but I feel like I have no symptoms and am just twiddling my thumbs waiting until something happens! This is my third and I always lost a few lbs at the beginning. I think that is common. I haven't told anyone yet, but noone is asking so it's easy to keep the secret.

Are you on myfitnesspal. I swear I just read a post in the fit, fabulou & pregant forum about a girl who also has a newfound love of eggs!
Becky_78 likes this.
April 5th, 2012, 12:29 PM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My doc says that eggs build a nice strong sac, thats probably why my bag of waters never broke with any of my 6 baby's until I was pushing!

I have lost about 4lbs, no appitite will cause this, and your symptoms will probably come back with a vengence by wk6!

Im the opposite with what to do, since I was AVOIDING, now its like......um, that did not work, now got 8 more months to figure out plan B, lol!
Becky_78 likes this.

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

April 5th, 2012, 12:43 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hee...these posts make me smile.

I'm sure you've all heard this, but they say that you crave what your body needs in early pregnancy. With my DD in 2009, one of my earliest tipoffs was my craving for chocolate milk. Gallons of it. Clearly, Becky's bean needs protein vs. dairy.

In my experience, it doesn't feel real until that first ultrasound. When you get to see that tiny little bean jumping around...it's just like a huge bundle of relief and amazement. Until then...don't feel bad about being in mommy denial.

Attachment parenting is a term that first time mommies read about, and then promptly forget entirely about when their bean is born. Which is not to say that there aren't some good points in there - just that we all have to make our own way as parents. But in all honesty, someone such as yourself, who so clearly wants to be a mommy is probably not going to have to worry about parenting style. It comes naturally.
Becky_78 likes this.

April 5th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Diamond2009's Avatar Boss Mama
Well Becky i guess you and I are in the same boat. I was laid off in January...I was upset at first and did not know what to do with my time but now i'm actually loving it now. Especially now that i'm pregnant tired moody nauseous, bloated you know name it.....Of course staying home can be boring and has its downside but we got alot to prepare for in the next 9 months to keep us somewhat busy

I'm trying to hide it from most of my friends as well at least for the first 10-12 weeks...I know its hard.
Becky_78 likes this.

Forever in our hearts
Lauren born sleeping July 5th 2012 at 18 weeks
Boo Boo's heart stopped beating at 13 weeks D&C Feb 2013

Hoping & praying for our rainbow baby after 2 back to back 2nd trimester losses

April 5th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm exactly the opposite! I usually love eggs and right now even the thought of one makes me gag! I haven't really had any cravings yet, but plenty of things sound and smell nasty!

I haven't stepped on the scale... I figure I'm going to be obsessing about that enough when I start having appointments, so I'm just concentrating on making myself eat good stuff. Fortunately I work in a Food Coop so I'm surrounding by good, natural, organic food... no worries for me there!

I'm kind of glad that I'm working now that I'm not spending so much energy on TTC... I think that once we get that ultrasound on May 2 and see our little bean bopping around then it will be real... although the incredibly sore and growing boobs are keeping it a little real! It's ridiculous! I was already a DD!! DH is of course all happy, but they're so sore that he can't touch them! So unfair....
Becky_78 likes this.

April 5th, 2012, 02:53 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know, I feel like I am just sitting around waiting for the ultrasound! I am obsessing for sure. In some ways, I think this wait is harder than the 2ww.
As for the eggs, that is an awesome food to crave! I'm loving eggs right now too - also pasta for some reason.
So, I think in order to give attachment parenting a fair chance, I would get one of the Dr. Sears books that explains it best. I am a fan of attachment parenting because I feel like most of it comes naturally and feels like common sense, but I do not follow word for word. I'm not a fan of picking one parenting method (there are so many by the way as you will discover!) because I feel like each child is so individual so you really need to cherry pick from many parenting methods to come up with your own. It's definitely worth reading some parenting books before the baby comes so it sounds like you are already heading in the right direction in researching! I do agree that most of us have innate abilities and our children will turn out fine if we parent off the cuff, but there are so many good resources and insight these days that it really makes you a better parent the more parenting books you read.
About becoming a SAHM, I think that is awesome that you are thinking of it. I have a degree and had a nice career as a designer in the architectural field and gave it up to be a SAHM. Maybe one day I will go back, but I feel like I am now doing what I was meant to do. Motherhood is so amazing!
OK, now I rambled. I'm sick and my hubby is home to watch the kids so all I am doing is laying on the sofa obsessing about the pregnancy. haha
Diamond2009, rlh27 and Becky_78 like this.
April 5th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Becky_78's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lucy - It's really surprising to me how similar we are!! I have no idea why we are so shocked either! I mean, we were trying for this to happen!!!

IamVillanueva - Trust me, I took a nap just writing that post And nope, I'm not on that other board - but I feel awesome that someone else is experiencing the same thing!

Lori - I hope my egg addiction leads to a strong sac too!! And I'm so happy for your numbers!!!!

MarlowesMum (Maggie?) - I hope it feels more real when I see it I'll read up about this attachment parenting while I'm just waiting around for the U/S

Kim - I'd like to say being laid off stinks - but I'm starting to think it is awesome I am a little bored - but it's true - we have a bunch to do now!

Becky#1 - I also am starting off with a 34DD/DDD (depending on bra) - god help us if they get too much bigger!!! But your egg aversion makes me suspect (jk)

Gardenbelle - I would love to talk to you later about this SAHM business after having a career. I think I'm fine with it most days, and probably it will be easier once the nugget arrives, but I just feel like my old colleagues are judging my choices. And I know I shouldn't live for what other people think but sometimes it just sticks in my head....

Thanks guys for responding :lub:

photo(5) by rebwend, on Flickr

April 5th, 2012, 03:51 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky_78 View Post
Gardenbelle - I would love to talk to you later about this SAHM business after having a career. I think I'm fine with it most days, and probably it will be easier once the nugget arrives, but I just feel like my old colleagues are judging my choices. And I know I shouldn't live for what other people think but sometimes it just sticks in my head....

Thanks guys for responding :lub:
Yes, we will definitely go into it more later for sure! It's definitely a huge adjustment when so much of your identity is tied to your career. It took about 6 months to a year to fully adjust for me. I also know all about that judgement from others - I feel it mostly with my college friends when I see their status updates on FB while I am posting videos of my kids racing their tricycles. Most of my friends whom I hang out with on a regular basic are SAHMs with previous careers too so I really don't feel it day to day. Some days, I really long to work again though. I will again someday...the kids are small for such a short period of time!
April 5th, 2012, 06:51 PM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love all these posts!

I am too really trying to believe that this is real! I am still poas just cuz today will be the day of my period. And every time they come back darker it sinks in a little more.

I had my first taste bud confusion yesterday. My mouth thought cole slaw tasted like fish!!! Ewwwww!

And I wake up at 730 in the morning for the past 5 days since I found out! I, not sure why but I usually can sleep in till 9 or so. ..... Not anymore

The dh really wanted to tell the family. But we are on vacation with friends and since we r sharing a house with them for five days we had to tell them. They would know from my lack of drinking...... So we r gonna tell my parents when we get back. But I kinda dont wanna tell my mil cuz I nave a feeling she is going to tell my sil..... Who I do not want to tell till later. I know she is going to tell me how i should be doing everything and that I need t get rid of my indoor cat........... :grrr:

News flash you do not have to get rid of animals when you have kids! I have a litter box that all I have to touch a button and it self washes and flushes its self out the clothes washers drain! Oh and my bird cage is already clean by the way.... Oh and why on earth are going to have it in a birth center? That is so dangerous you really need to go to the hospital!! Sorry for the vent but I know it is going to be a battle!
Becky_78 and Crystalici0us4 like this.

April 5th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Momma_Mia's Avatar Super Mommy
oh i have lost weight as well and its primarily because i just havent had much of an appetite....not getting sick just waves of nausea comes and goes.

And for some reason...I am still charing my temps. Not even sure why but my temps have stayed up and I fear that if they dip that i will suspect that something is wrong but when i see that its still up i feel assured that things are ok.

As for keeping mum about it, yah that went out the window. We started out with just close friends that knew we were TTC and immediate family but DH and the kids are just soo excited about it that its just hard to contain...and i cant really fault them and it feels so good to get it out.....so good luck i hope you do better than i did

Thank you Jaidynsmum

April 6th, 2012, 07:21 AM
nina9809's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've got nothing else to say right now, other than I absolutely adore you Becky!! I am soooooo glad that I ended up in a due date club with you!! You make me smile.
jacesmomma and Becky_78 like this.

Thank you Kiliki... for my amazing siggie!
April 6th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Butterbear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
These are great!

I'm definitely need to start eating eggs! LOL. I haven't weighed myself since getting pregnant so I don't know, but I feel like a moose so I'm pretty sure I've gained weight. I've actually been eating quite a bit more lately. I'll need to watch it- I gained just the right amount of weight with my first 2 pregnancies but feel like I'm beefing up fast for this one!

I still can't believe I am pregnant. I keep forgetting. I am so excited but hate that "hurry up and wait" feeling...just waiting for my first appointment
rlh27 and Becky_78 like this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search