Gemma Nichole, 4/9

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ValyntineG
  • 1 Post By adi&co.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2012, 11:05 AM
adi&co.
Phew. Let me just tell you that her birth was a crazy whirlwind that went WAY faster than anybody expected it to!!

I took Castor oil Sunday (4/8) night around 8 pm. It was a last ditch effort to get her out before my mom left on Tuesday. I wasn't really expecting it to work since I took it with Marcus and it didn't do anything, but I had to try!

Contractions started around 11 pm that night. They were 2-3 mins apart but I could barely feel them. Around midnight they started to pick up to a min and a half apart and were getting stronger so we decided to go in since they were coming so quick. I wanted to labor at home, but I was also scared she was going to come flying out since she had been hanging out so low.

We got the hospital and they stuck me into a room to monitor me. After about 2 hours, they had picked up in intensity, but not by much. When they checked me, I was a 3, 75% effaced and a -3 station so we decided to go home as I was starting to need to breathe through them and I wanted to get into my tub. I figured I had awhile left to go.

We got home around 230 and I immediately got into the tub. It was so much more comfortable in there! I peedly dinked around on the computer for a bit but soon noticed that they were really picking up in intensity (still a minute and a half apart) and I was losing composure through them. DH packed me back up into the truck and we headed to the hospital again (this was around 330).

We got back up into L&D around 4 am. They put me back into the monitoring room and once I sat down, I knew I was going to puke so DH got me a bucket and I ended up puking during a contraction so I peed my pants. Awful I tell you!! She checked me again. I was a 7, -2 station and still 75% effaced. At this point I had lost all composure. The contractions were coming SO hard! I told DH I needed an epi because I thought I had at least a few hours left and there was NO WAY I could have made it through had that actually been the case, lol.

Anyways, so it was about 410 am when they wheeled me into my room and I got changed. I was starting to cry through my contractions at this point (seriously they hurt SO bad. nothing at all like Jamesen's contractions and I did his naturally too!). I got into my bed, puked through another contraction, they gave me my IV and with the next contraction there was so much pressure. I said something along the lines of, "Oh my gosh there is so much pressure... I have to push!" I could feel something coming out of me. it felt like a little bubble and I was climbing up the bed behind me, screaming. Her head was crowning, but my water was still intact so it was causing a ton of pressure. I guess the nurses knew what that kind of scream meant because my room quickly filled with people. Suddenly my water broke and I just kind of collapsed back onto the bed. I had about 30 seconds before I had my next contraction and without me even doing a single thing, she came shooting out like a torpedo onto the bed.

My body immediately went into shock. DH followed Gemma to the warmer where she was screaming her head off (beautiful sound!) and says that the color just drained from my face while I looked around blankly. I was shivering uncontrollably, my limbs were like flailing about. I remember thinking "Holy crap, she's here. It's over. Did that just happen?" I tore a tiny bit near my labia (did the same thing with J) but not even enough to need any stitches.

She was born after 5 hours of labor from start to finish on April 9 at 0422. She was 7lbs even and 20 inches long. She's a great baby so far and nurses like a champ!

Last edited by adi&co.; April 10th, 2012 at 05:16 PM.
April 10th, 2012, 03:46 PM
ValyntineG's Avatar Based on a True Story
Holy cow!!! That is insane! I was looking forward to reading yours LOL. And I thought MY birth went fast.

Congratulations, babe. It sounds like it was quite the experience
adi&co. likes this.

claire1979 is my siggy hero

www.etsy.com/shop/68cents
Go there. Buy stuff.

April 10th, 2012, 05:37 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW!!! Sounds like an intense labor!! I'm glad that she here!! Congrats mama!!

=May '05 and '11

April 10th, 2012, 05:46 PM
JennLynn_'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats again Adi!! That's crazy!! But so glad everyone is healthy and happy now!!
LOVE your pics too!!!

http://JenniferDow.SBC90.com
April 10th, 2012, 06:14 PM
adi&co.
It was extremely intense! Jamesen's labor was natural too and it was nothing like that. two completely different experiences. It was crazy how intense those contractions were. I've never felt anything like them!
mamabear4 likes this.
April 10th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Super Mommy
Your experience sounds so much like mine! I started shaking and shivering uncontrollably too. It almost felt like I was having a seizure. I was thinking to myself, "Would someone just shoot me and put me out of my misery?" LOL!

Congrats! She is a beauty!!!

~Non-Hodgkins Lymphma Survivor since 2005~

Our Miracle Baby at 11 weeks 4 days....a thumb sucker already?
April 10th, 2012, 08:46 PM
mamabear4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
It was extremely intense! Jamesen's labor was natural too and it was nothing like that. two completely different experiences. It was crazy how intense those contractions were. I've never felt anything like them!
Wow. Mine were super intense also. I threw up from contractions with my last son. Im glad you pulled thru and you and baby were ok.
April 25th, 2012, 12:54 PM
JenJen3574's Avatar Super Mommy
Congratulations - she is a beauty.
Once a decade, right?

April 25th, 2012, 07:21 PM
shanirah's Avatar Mommy Strawberry
I threw up too, never done that before. She's beautiful!

“First things first, but not necessarily in that order.” The Doctor

May 2nd, 2012, 10:18 AM
adi&co.
thank you everyone! She's such a sweet baby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search