Update on Us

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2012, 03:39 PM
-3-Hearts's Avatar She's Country.....
Hey guys. I can't even remember the last time I logged in over here. Things have been incredibly crazy for my family for the past month. On March 2nd, we had a horrible line of storms come through the state and had around 25 people killed (I think, I can't remember). We had whole towns completely demolished, and a LOT of tornadoes touch down. It was pretty bad here, funnel clouds spotted and golf ball sized hail that left dents in the hood of the truck I just bought back in Feb.... It was also the day my dad got sick. He had to be taken to the ER because we thought he had a stroke at work. Later that evening, we found out he had a seizure from a mass the size of a tangerine in his brain. We were pretty much devastated and scared to death.

That was on a Friday. After a couple days he was allowed to go home, but had to see a neurosurgeon, and surgery was scheduled fora little over a week later. The day of the surgery, John stayed home with the kids and I made the 1.5hr trip to where my dad lives. He was in surgery 8 hours, and we took over the waiting room. It was me, all 3 sisters, one sisters bf, my little brother, a few family friends, both uncles and my aunt, and my step mom. The surgery went well, but he had a seizure afterwards. The surgeon said it was pretty common, but it could cost him an extra day in the hospital. He was able to go home 3 days later, so John and I took the kids to his mom (minus Matt, he went with us) and we made the trip up there. He has been doing really well since, but he can't drive for a little while longer because of the seizure he had. The tumor came back as oligoastrocytoma and between grades 2 and 3. He starts his chemo pills and radiation tomorrow. The doctors are very confident in the long term, but just like with any cancer, there is a chance it could come back, and if it does, it will automatically be grade 4 and could be fatal if they are unable to treat it. They said it had been growing for approx. 8-10 years and his skull had adapted around it.

The kids are doing well, Matt is growing like a week. He turned 3 months on the 3rd and is in the 75th %tile lol. He smiles, laughs, makes a LOT of noise, rolls front to back, bears all his weight on his legs, tries to pull up when you hold his hands and sits very well with awesome head control when held at his back. He has been chewing a LOT and drools like crazy, so I'm pretty sure the teething process has begun lol. He has changed so much since birth, he looks nothing like the newborn he once was. He was sleeping all night for a while, but for a couple weeks now he has been waking up at least once. He is finally ok with being in the carseat, so I don't mind traveling so much now. I guess in 2 more months, we will see how he feels about baby food. This is dh's favorite part, he always loved it when the older 2 tried new things lol.. I'm not in any rush for him to grow up, but it's going so fast.

<3

<3
April 10th, 2012, 03:49 PM
and here is matthew lol

<3

<3
April 12th, 2012, 10:08 AM
sarahmomma's Avatar Momma to 4
What a sweetie! I am glad to hear that your Dad is recovering. I can't believe it had been there that long without being noticed. So great to see an update here from someone because I hadnt been on in ages either and this board seems pretty dead.
April 13th, 2012, 08:17 AM
we couldnt believe it either. the neurosurgeon said his body had pretty much accepted it, and it was good that it had grow so slowly. he said if it had been growing over the course of a few months, he would have died within half an hour after the first seizure. I talked to my dad yesterday, and he said the pills only make him a little nauseas so far and the radiation isn't bothering him. He will be doing this for 6 weeks, then will have another mri. As long as things are ok then, he will stop treatment and have mris every 3 months. everything is going great considering the circumstances

<3

<3
April 13th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You have such a handsome little dude! It sounds like you've been through alot, but I'm glad everything is going better. It is pretty slow here, so I don't think you missed much.

April 14th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Matt is adorable!! How do you like the amber teething necklace?

The news about your dad is shocking! What a trial! Thankfully they were able get to it and it sounds like they are quite optimistic. I'm sure things are feeling pretty hectic with the new babe and everything with your dad.

It's good to hear news from you!

April 16th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Things are really slow here. Of course I knew that would happen once the fb groups were started. I'm not that into them anymore and will probably be removing myself from them and posting here.

<3

<3
April 16th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm not on FB, but I think it's sad that no one is around anymore. It would be nice to have some more movement on the board. The friendships were very nice, especially during an anxious time like pregnancy.

Come on, mommas!!

May 8th, 2012, 08:22 PM
KnJ'sMomma727's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry about all the caos brittany And I hope your dad has a good recovery! Matt's adorable! Wish you the best.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search