Adam Allens Arrival 04/04/12

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By adi&co.

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2012, 07:08 AM
abmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
Adam Allens speedy arrival!
April 4/2012

On April 3rd I was babyitting my niece and nephews (5 kids in total) so off we trek on a long adventure to the park and back. I was wasnt feeling like baby was low and the walk was nice but I had been a bit crampy all morning, nothing new!

That night I told DH to have a little chat with his stubborn little son about his due date the next day and I prayed that he would come out for a snuggle! At about 2:30 AM I woke up with some very small contrax, I really could have slept thru them but wanted to get up and see if I could get things moving. I got up and had a shower and put my face on then packed my last min stuff in my bags and put them by the door all the while timing my contrax which were ranging from 5-6 min and 3 min apart. Some were painful, some werent bad at all. I was still walking and talking thru them all. I debated on when to wake dh up as we had a 50min drive to the hospital and I definitely wanted to miss rush hour. I woke him up at about 5am as he had to get up for work at that time anyways. I knew as soon as I woke him he would want to go...I didnt really feel ready but didnt want to argue about it so off we went!

We picked his brother up (they were carpooling to work) and dropped him off at the train station and laboring in the truck was no problem, the contrax were still very bearable! We got to triage at 630am and I knew I was still very early, I was 3cm and 90% effaced (my last appointment I was 3cm and 50% effaced) They hooked me up for a 20 min strip since I am a vbac and the contrax almost completely stopped! At 25 mins after they werent coming in to take me off I took my self off, went out and told them that if I didnt get walking I was not going to be in labor very soon!

Off we went walking. We went down to the cafeteria and had breakfast (i debated eating but thought it would be a long day so I ate, silly me! It looked pretty nasty coming back up) After we ate we got walking and the contrax started right back up, I wasnt timing them but they seemed rather long, close together and quite painful! We made it back up to the waiting room in triage after 2hrs of me getting sick of people staring at the big preggo leaned over a chair with her eyes closed breathing funny..lol.

When we got up there I went to the bathroom and there was show...I knew this didnt really happen until I was about 7 cm or so with my last baby...hmmm. The contrax were coming really fast and hard and I realized that I was shaking between them and definitely had to focus with everything I had. I told hubby I wanted to go check it out and hopefully get into my labor room and have a shower! We went back to triage and the doc asked me if I felt like I need to be checked and I said yes, I wanted to get into the shower! I expected her to say 6 or 7cm... she looked at me and said..."yah, your past 9, lets go have a baby" I was shocked and in denial! She told me since I was a VBAC I needed to be constantly monitored now. All I could say was...but can I still get in the shower!!?? she said yes but apparently kind of looked at DH and laughed knowing I would never make it there. She took me out of triage to meet my nurse and introduced me something like this: "This is melissa, 2nd vbac, spontaneous labor, 3rd baby, 9cm, I was totally calm and relaxed and smiling between contrax and the nurses were amazed at how I could be so "normal" at this stage in the game.

In the Labor room they made me lay down to be monitored! Thats when things got hairy!! I HATE how they make me lie on my back! They hurried around and broke the bed down and got everything ready for delivery! So sereal to see them turn the warmer on!! The contrax were right on top of each other and the next time she checked me I only had a lip left but kept asking if my water broke..no..it didnt! She couldn't feel my bag. I had a contrax while being checked and she felt it so she broke it. He flew down the birth canal! My body started pushing by itself and 20 mins later at 950am baby Adam was born, his shoulders got stuck for a sec but he came out just fine. I got a 1st degree tear but nothing serious. He was placed on my belly and I was so in love!! He was a 7.9lb 21 inch long beautiful completion of my family! Apgars were 9 and 9 and he was nursing right away and for the next 12 hrs!!! My milk was in in 24hrs! After he was being checked over he had his first pee all over the nurse, dh and the wall..yay for working plumbing!!!

So happy I got to have my perfect birth! Succesful, non medicated, spontaneous VBAC
DD 3
DS baby!

April 13th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Mischesbaby
Awesome. So happy you got the birth you wanted and you and your baby are healthy.
April 13th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Super Mommy
So glad you got the birth you were hoping for! Congrats!

April 14th, 2012, 08:34 PM
queenofthecastle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your VBAC!!! What a great birth story!!

=May '05 and '11

April 15th, 2012, 05:08 PM
adi&co.
so happy that you got your vbac! you story is very similar to mine, lol! My baby came flying out too. Funny how that happens. You sound like you were keeping your cool better than me though, I was screaming my head off at one point, lol!
abmommy likes this.
April 18th, 2012, 08:39 PM
abmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I was the only one in delivery at the time and when we left to go to my room I was alittle embarrassed about the excessive grunting i did during pushing lol the ladies at the desk probably thought there was a mother bear giving birth in there
DD 3
DS baby!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search