a little OT.... MIL

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blcooper32

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2012, 09:12 AM
lilemma86's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok so a little OT But.... to shorten the long story here is why my MIL is loving with us:

Ok so my DH father passed away about 2 years ago from cancer. She moved in with the SIL (who had triplets that she kept all week). She moved back into her house about 8 months ago and was really not in a good place within her self to stay at the house. So she moved in with us about 3 months ago. It really is not a problem because between our work schedulers we hardly see each other.

Well monday we told the family that we are expecting (only 4 weeksish along). We told them early because of the family compound that we live on they would have figured it out. Anyway well since we told her she calls me everyday asking how i am feeling. I know that she is just caring for me and concerned. And last night she came in and asked again how i was feeling (i was laying on the couch playing with my bird). i guess she thought i was not feeling well.

This is kinda why i don't like telling people about it because they start asking how you feel all the time and if you say you are tired or have a headache they delve into a long explination that it is only going to get worse....blah blah blah. I know this! But cant me being tired just be me being tired and not be pregnancy related!

I actually feel great! I really don't like when people read to much into things you say.

Oh and also last night she asked if my breast were sore. and then preceded to tell me that they were going to get big and i was going to be top heavy thanks for that little tid bit as if i did not already had that idea.......

Sorry but i really do not want to discuss how my breast are feeling with anyone!!!! except maybe the DH!

Sorry this is long and thanks for being an ear!!

Anyone else feeling like people are not looking at them like they are not just a person anymore, that they are just a carrier?

April 13th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing

I understand... I already people coming up to me a rubbing my bloated belly... "Ummmm, get off of me!!!!"

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 13th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had that problem with my dd but this time when I told everyone I told them to keep their thoughts,comments, and exsperances to themselves unless I ask for it lol guess I must be scary because no one has said a thing to me since unless I ask
lilemma86 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search